Search
Like Tree11Likes

Xray X12 20

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default Xray X12 20

It's that time of year again Just the teaser pic at the moment, from Alexander Hagberg and Team Xray's social media.
JeffofSpace likes this.
Old 08-28-2019, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

JeffofSpace likes this.
Old 08-30-2019, 04:36 AM
Tech Elite

The info on the new car is now on the Xray website...
Skiddins likes this.
Old 08-30-2019, 05:39 AM
Tech Rookie

it's crazy car
Old 08-30-2019, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Nothing exciting at all, maybe the mounting of side link in the front to reduce drag.
Old 08-30-2019, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Seems like very minor changes from the '19 car. Good. No need to swap for me.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Xray's social media is saying arrival in "your hobby store" by the 6th of September. Adding in the "Australia is the last to get Xray Vehicles" co-effcient", I'm expecting to see one in store by the start of October
Old 10-14-2019, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Since I have found myself without a 1/12, I pulled the trigger and bought one of these. Here's to hoping it drives well!
chensleyrc1 and two shoes like this.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Any recommendations for taking steering away? We have decided to race a super slow spec motor at our track, because of the slow speed the car turns on a dime and doesn't need to. I need to smooth out the steering quite a bit, but still have enough for the hairpins. Spec motor is the hobbywing 21.5 locked timing on a 60'x40' track. I think stiffer front end, softer rear, less pod droop. I am thinking that if I take away a lot of corner entry, then I probably will want more mid corner so add a bunch of rear steer, and less dynamic caster? Also the hobbywing is pretty heavy, leading to a rear weight bias, so maybe move the battery forward.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trilerian
Any recommendations for taking steering away? We have decided to race a super slow spec motor at our track, because of the slow speed the car turns on a dime and doesn't need to. I need to smooth out the steering quite a bit, but still have enough for the hairpins. Spec motor is the hobbywing 21.5 locked timing on a 60'x40' track. I think stiffer front end, softer rear, less pod droop. I am thinking that if I take away a lot of corner entry, then I probably will want more mid corner so add a bunch of rear steer, and less dynamic caster? Also the hobbywing is pretty heavy, leading to a rear weight bias, so maybe move the battery forward.
Keep it simple and start with side spring.
Old 11-07-2019, 03:47 AM
Tech Master

most importantly, how are you preparing your tires before hitting the track surface?
idbdoug
Old 11-07-2019, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by idbdoug

most importantly, how are you preparing your tires before hitting the track surface?
idbdoug
Apply SXT for 5-6 minutes then wipe off and wait 5 ish minutes then go drive. I only drove 1 pack through the car last night, way too aggressive and the rear is stepping out too much. I will work on it some more, but right now my TC is my biggest concern and I do not get a lot of track time. Same that is used by others at my track, and we all use the same purple striped crc tires.
Old 11-07-2019, 08:10 AM
Suspended

How much of the front tire are you saucing?

Are you gluing the fronts? I assume you are racing on black carpet.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by R Dodge
How much of the front tire are you saucing?

Are you gluing the fronts? I assume you are racing on black carpet.
Yes, racing on black carpet, however newish layout so not a ton of traction yet. I run full sauce on the fronts, which is the same as I ran with my x12 '18. Anyway, the problem that is the most annoying is the stepping out of the rear during corner exit. I am definitely going to try softer side springs, and one of these days I will actually order some of the green splooge, but right now I am running kyosho 15k in the tubes and on the king pins. But regardless, right now I am fighting the car too much to enjoy it.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:26 AM
Suspended

Yes, racing on black carpet, however newish layout so not a ton of traction yet. I run full sauce on the fronts, which is the same as I ran with my x12 '18. Anyway, the problem that is the most annoying is the stepping out of the rear during corner exit. I am definitely going to try softer side springs, and one of these days I will actually order some of the green splooge, but right now I am running kyosho 15k in the tubes and on the king pins. But regardless, right now I am fighting the car too much to enjoy it.

okay, maybe try backing down to half sauce on the fronts.

in my experience, thicker fluid in the tubes helps lock the car in. Green spooge I think Is thinner than kyosho 15k

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.