R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Xray X12 20 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/1049011-xray-x12-20-a.html)

Dan the Man 08-26-2019 12:37 PM

Xray X12 20

It's that time of year again Just the teaser pic at the moment, from Alexander Hagberg and Team Xray's social media.https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...ed3561a3a8.jpg

Dan the Man 08-28-2019 04:53 AM

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...dfb484aeb7.jpg

Dan the Man 08-30-2019 04:36 AM

The info on the new car is now on the Xray website...

mochr 08-30-2019 05:39 AM

it's crazy car

Car Breaker 08-30-2019 06:22 AM

Nothing exciting at all, maybe the mounting of side link in the front to reduce drag.

DirkW 08-30-2019 02:34 PM

Seems like very minor changes from the '19 car. Good. No need to swap for me. :nod:

Dan the Man 09-02-2019 08:20 AM

Xray's social media is saying arrival in "your hobby store" by the 6th of September. Adding in the "Australia is the last to get Xray Vehicles" co-effcient", I'm expecting to see one in store by the start of October :ha::nod::ha:
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...46f80e954f.png

trilerian 10-14-2019 12:53 PM

Since I have found myself without a 1/12, I pulled the trigger and bought one of these. Here's to hoping it drives well!

trilerian 11-06-2019 06:14 AM

Any recommendations for taking steering away? We have decided to race a super slow spec motor at our track, because of the slow speed the car turns on a dime and doesn't need to. I need to smooth out the steering quite a bit, but still have enough for the hairpins. Spec motor is the hobbywing 21.5 locked timing on a 60'x40' track. I think stiffer front end, softer rear, less pod droop. I am thinking that if I take away a lot of corner entry, then I probably will want more mid corner so add a bunch of rear steer, and less dynamic caster? Also the hobbywing is pretty heavy, leading to a rear weight bias, so maybe move the battery forward.

EDWARD2003 11-06-2019 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by trilerian (Post 15540730)
Any recommendations for taking steering away? We have decided to race a super slow spec motor at our track, because of the slow speed the car turns on a dime and doesn't need to. I need to smooth out the steering quite a bit, but still have enough for the hairpins. Spec motor is the hobbywing 21.5 locked timing on a 60'x40' track. I think stiffer front end, softer rear, less pod droop. I am thinking that if I take away a lot of corner entry, then I probably will want more mid corner so add a bunch of rear steer, and less dynamic caster? Also the hobbywing is pretty heavy, leading to a rear weight bias, so maybe move the battery forward.

Keep it simple and start with side spring.

idbdoug 11-07-2019 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by trilerian (Post 15540730)

most importantly, how are you preparing your tires before hitting the track surface?
idbdoug

trilerian 11-07-2019 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by idbdoug (Post 15541248)

most importantly, how are you preparing your tires before hitting the track surface?
idbdoug

Apply SXT for 5-6 minutes then wipe off and wait 5 ish minutes then go drive. I only drove 1 pack through the car last night, way too aggressive and the rear is stepping out too much. I will work on it some more, but right now my TC is my biggest concern and I do not get a lot of track time. Same that is used by others at my track, and we all use the same purple striped crc tires.

R Dodge 11-07-2019 08:10 AM

How much of the front tire are you saucing?

Are you gluing the fronts? I assume you are racing on black carpet.

trilerian 11-07-2019 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by R Dodge (Post 15541360)
How much of the front tire are you saucing?

Are you gluing the fronts? I assume you are racing on black carpet.

Yes, racing on black carpet, however newish layout so not a ton of traction yet. I run full sauce on the fronts, which is the same as I ran with my x12 '18. Anyway, the problem that is the most annoying is the stepping out of the rear during corner exit. I am definitely going to try softer side springs, and one of these days I will actually order some of the green splooge, but right now I am running kyosho 15k in the tubes and on the king pins. But regardless, right now I am fighting the car too much to enjoy it.

R Dodge 11-07-2019 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by trilerian (Post 15541394)
Yes, racing on black carpet, however newish layout so not a ton of traction yet. I run full sauce on the fronts, which is the same as I ran with my x12 '18. Anyway, the problem that is the most annoying is the stepping out of the rear during corner exit. I am definitely going to try softer side springs, and one of these days I will actually order some of the green splooge, but right now I am running kyosho 15k in the tubes and on the king pins. But regardless, right now I am fighting the car too much to enjoy it.

okay, maybe try backing down to half sauce on the fronts.

in my experience, thicker fluid in the tubes helps lock the car in. Green spooge I think Is thinner than kyosho 15k