Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
X-Ray T2 Team pickles or BMI (3mm) Chassis kit? >

X-Ray T2 Team pickles or BMI (3mm) Chassis kit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

X-Ray T2 Team pickles or BMI (3mm) Chassis kit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gonzo416
Has anyone tried these yet? I know i'm going to get one of them but i was hoping for some input on them. Team Pickles is out of stock on the kits til after the Carpet Nationals.
i have the BMI very nice Jason does a great job
i have not used the main chassis yet, just the shock towers and the top decks.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by protc3
thanks lino.hows it going bro.it was nice getting to meet ya at the birds bro.i was trying to keep the cost low so i kept the tape pocket as an option.i spoke with a few people before i did the kit and they all agreed that a lower price would be more important to them.for the guys who really like the extra detail,it is available.i still went with beveling all the edges top and bottom and beveling the battery slots for the batts to sit flush with the bottom of the chassis though.
It was good meeting you also Jason. I wish we could have talked more...
Old 03-10-2006, 03:14 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i agree buddy.next birds i will be alot more prepared and not be running around like an idiot trying to get situated. time never works with me.i got there at the last minute and i didnt get to speak to half the people i wanted to.oh well,next time i know.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

ran the BMI chassis kit last night and it was gold compared to the stock chassis.very consistant and stable.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:08 PM
Tech Regular

anybody curious about the pickle, make sure you catch up with Ed Forer at the Nationals this week and he can show you the goods....Good luck guys in Cali.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

i raced the BMI chassis kit on Saturday and it somehow had seemed to tweak after some hard hits. i'm going to try it this Sunday again.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

if you are getting a tweak after a hard hit,i would check to make sure the screws that hold the upper bulkheads didnt slip.i would also check the screws to make sure they didnt bend a little. other than those possibilities i cant really think of anything else that can move.the flathead screws are the most solid way of mounting all of the parts.im sure you will find it buddy.if you need any help let me know.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Tech Addict

Due to the enourmous number of requests for chassis kits. We have done one extra sheet of Pickles chassis and top decks. This means there are 5 and only 5 complete kits left (although there are still plenty of extra top decks).

We may not produce any more for awhile as the carpet season is coming to a close and the asphalt season is beginning. So this could be your last shot at getting one for awhile.

Please email, call or IM me if you want in on this.

-Ed Forer
Old 03-28-2006, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

Have a pickles chassis and top plate for sale. $90.00 shipped. PM me if intrested.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

i raced the BMI chassis kit on Saturday and it somehow had seemed to tweak after some hard hits. i'm going to try it this Sunday again.

Make sure the screws that hold the arms to the bulkheads are not bent. This will cause a tweak as well.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:55 PM
Tech Addict

is the chassis actually tweaked on the scales or tweak station? I can't see that happening on a non-multiflex car. If you blew a bearing out in the back of the car, it feels like savage tweak. The oe bearings aren't the most durable. Might be worth a look.