Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T.O.P. Racing "Scythe" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ericjooopuntnl
Just built the ARP-Scythe with Carpet-conversion. Builds like a dream, shakedown was pretty impressive today on a outdoor-track, out of the box the car was very predictable and stable; next week the first bite on carpet.

greetz,

Eric
Hi Eric, I see you have the LRP stock spec on it and I'm thinking about to try it, so how you like it? What's the turn and how's the gearing? Thanks!
Old 09-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GeorgePravata
I would like to know why nobody picks up the phone at TOP USA I tryed Monday, Tuesday, Wed. And I had the hobby store try and no luck. Are they at a big race. I'm tryin to pick up a new Top Racing and no luck.. Help me out! I hope I'm making the right mover with this Any help would be great..

George Pravata
Hey George, you can reach us at [email protected] we will get right back to you. Also, my personal email is [email protected]. Hope to hear from you!
Old 09-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
Eric and EJ....

Looking at the pic, are the rear dogbones where they are attached to the wheel are angled forward? It looks like alot.....

EJ, I got the parts today.. Already installing them...
Rich, they shouldn't be too angled. I think they look that why because of the camber link?
Old 09-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by chris moore
Has the setup sheet from Vegas been posted anywhere?

Thanks
Chris
Hey Chris, are you interested in the rubber or foam setup? I'll working on the setup sheet for rubber, and I'll have Josh post his foam. I've also got a pretty good foam setup that works well too.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Good timing, I just sent you an email aboot a spool.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rob Burns
Good timing, I just sent you an email aboot a spool.
and I just replied back
Old 09-11-2008, 06:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
Rich, they shouldn't be too angled. I think they look that why because of the camber link?
If I shorten the wheelbase by putting the shims towards the rear it has a defined angle. Guess I'll have to take a pic and show it....
Old 09-11-2008, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

If I shorten the wheelbase by putting the shims towards the rear it has a defined angle. Guess I'll have to take a pic and show it....
Built to standard wheelbase the rear shafts sweep forward and the fronts sweep back, this is entirely normal, shortening the wheelbase will only increase the effect.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:55 AM
Tech Addict

Hey Rich, I thought you were talking about Eric's car. Like Sosidge mentioned shortening the wheelbase will increase the angle but should be okay.

Sosidge, how's the racing been going?
Old 09-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey Rich, I thought you were talking about Eric's car. Like Sosidge mentioned shortening the wheelbase will increase the angle but should be okay.

E.J.- Do you mostly run progressive or linear springs on your sedan? Which do you like better?
Old 09-11-2008, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

I'm ashamed to say I haven't been out with the car since early summer due to the abysmal UK weather this year, and also the arrival of my second child. Hoping to get a bit more done over the winter, Much-More UK are sponsoring a couple of events which should attract a few Scythe racers!
Old 09-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sosidge
I'm ashamed to say I haven't been out with the car since early summer due to the abysmal UK weather this year, and also the arrival of my second child. Hoping to get a bit more done over the winter, Much-More UK are sponsoring a couple of events which should attract a few Scythe racers!
Shame on you for being a family man... Late congrats on child #2. Have fun whenever you hit the track next.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sosidge
Congratulations on the second child! Attract a few more ARP and CFP racers...it's not called Scythe anymore.

Originally Posted by STLNLST
E.J.- Do you mostly run progressive or linear springs on your sedan? Which do you like better?
Hey Clint, from what I've heard in general a progressive spring is more desirable in high traction conditions and linear for lower traction conditions. Honestly, I don’t even classify springs as progressive or linear anymore. There are so many different conditions, variable factors, and driver preference already, I just go by what springs feel good. I’ve had progressive springs feel good on high bite and also feel good on low bite, same with linear springs. So for now I don't even worry about it. I know you’ve done some testing, so let me know what you find.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

For anyone interested, the TC5 slipper spool plates do not fit on the Scythe Diffs, the inside diametre is too small and the outside diametre is too big. However, the Losi ones are very close and require a small amount of material removed from the inside to fit.

Another thing i've found is that the TC5 C hubs fit almost perfectly apart from requiring a hole to be drilled for the locking screw. The TC5 hubs are significantly stronger than the HPI ones which I swear are made out of egg shells.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

I used the xray c hubs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.