Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T.O.P. Racing "Scythe" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ha, I've only just noticed that the T.O.P logo says TOP Racing. I always thought it said WP racing and wondered why!
Old 02-27-2008, 04:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default A BIG Thank You

I would like to take this oppurtinity to say a Big Thank you to TOP (Vincent) for the termendous support that was given to us at TITC and big Hugs to all the team that we met there ....Rodney and his wife , Brad ,Niels Lobo and Ah Tan... for the fun week...and the sharing of the setup's and advice's.
Looking forward to next year's event ..and also the intellect cup in HK.

We enjoyed driving the car very much at RCS and with the new found set up we hope to do better in our local meets and gather more experiance with this car.

Hope to see more developements on this car from Josh and other's.

SAWADEEKARP!
Old 02-27-2008, 06:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

anybody from the states attending the carpet nats in a couple of weeks im pretty sure ill be there see you alll then
Old 02-27-2008, 06:42 AM
Tech Adept

Default TOP on rctvlive

I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if www.rctvlive.com is going to be filming there? I know I saw top and Josh on thier snowbird nationals coverage. TOP looked good! Was that a prototype car that was filmed on Josh's tabel?
Old 02-27-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by microcrazy24
...Was that a prototype car that was filmed on Josh's tabel?
No, it was the currently available kit (with a few mods of course!)
Old 02-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bulldog2
I would like to take this oppurtinity to say a Big Thank you to TOP (Vincent) for the termendous support that was given to us at TITC and big Hugs to all the team that we met there ....Rodney and his wife , Brad ,Niels Lobo and Ah Tan... for the fun week...and the sharing of the setup's and advice's.
Looking forward to next year's event ..and also the intellect cup in HK.

We enjoyed driving the car very much at RCS and with the new found set up we hope to do better in our local meets and gather more experiance with this car.

Hope to see more developements on this car from Josh and other's.

SAWADEEKARP!
Hi Bulldog

I was just going to post a similar message.
Vincent was great at the TITC event, he had already secured the pit areas, all with matching bright red pit towels, combined with the red TOP t shirts, it made for a very striking pit area.

Once the Aussies made Neils let down his guard a little he was a funny guy, something about Gregs girlfriend having pictures taken with him definately sparked him up, we will have to track down the copies.

Im sorry i could not do the car justice on the track, a bit more time with the car andi feel i could have done much better.

Neils was impressive to watch, he qual in 23rd above many professionals, if only for a few small problems he could have made the B, very impressive. Hopefully he can come down to Aus soon.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

Hope all the TOP guys had fun....

You get a copy of his setup brad?

I'll be at windsor this friday to try some new parts in my shocks and also a modified front link. Hope to see you there if you can make it.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

hi, bulldog2 or Besercoe

Any chance you could pm me the new found set ups you were running at the TITC event pls
Old 03-02-2008, 04:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've moved the servo to the most forward position ( see attached picture.. )and now have plenty of room for receiver/ESC.... I have not put the car on the track yet to see the effect....

Last edited by Nova F1 Racer; 10-21-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Nova,

I've not yet tried that either, but i'd LOVE the extra space on the bottom deck, i hate having the Receiver on top of the servo, but unfortunately thats the only way i can place it

From what i've heard moving the servo just adds that little bit extra steering. Let us know how it goes anyway, could prove a valuable tuning option in some circumstances.

Cheers,

Robbie
Old 03-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Tech Champion

I ran my old 6 cell setup like this. Didn't notice much off a difference apart from more space.

Just something to note... The US spec 2.5mm lower deck has the servo further forward in its standard location.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Troy,

I tried to move my servo forward on my last kit, but the furthest forward servo mount fouled on the ackermann plate, did you have this problem too or is there a way to overcome it???

Cheers,

Robbie
Old 03-03-2008, 04:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'll take a picture and post it tonight. The servo does not effect the servo plate...
Old 03-04-2008, 02:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by xray racer
Troy,

I tried to move my servo forward on my last kit, but the furthest forward servo mount fouled on the ackermann plate, did you have this problem too or is there a way to overcome it???

Cheers,

Robbie
Yes I belive I did! But I filed the plate a bit so it wouldn't hit the servo mount. At least that is what I remember.. its been a while since I have had a ackerman plate on my car. I removed it on the last chassis and on my new one I drilled a new hole in the middle of the two stadard ones so I have 3 overlapping positions without the need for the plate. I have the car in bits at the moment so I'll take a pic for you tomorrow if I get the chance.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Hi Bulldog

I was just going to post a similar message.
Vincent was great at the TITC event, he had already secured the pit areas, all with matching bright red pit towels, combined with the red TOP t shirts, it made for a very striking pit area.

Once the Aussies made Neils let down his guard a little he was a funny guy, something about Gregs girlfriend having pictures taken with him definately sparked him up, we will have to track down the copies.

Im sorry i could not do the car justice on the track, a bit more time with the car andi feel i could have done much better.

Neils was impressive to watch, he qual in 23rd above many professionals, if only for a few small problems he could have made the B, very impressive. Hopefully he can come down to Aus soon.

Thanks for the support given by Top team during TITC especially from Vincent. Attached photo of TOP team in TITC.
Attached Thumbnails T.O.P. Racing "Scythe" 1/10 EP Touring Car-_mg_5462.jpg   T.O.P. Racing "Scythe" 1/10 EP Touring Car-_mg_5260.jpg   T.O.P. Racing "Scythe" 1/10 EP Touring Car-_mg_5227.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.