Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree311Likes

UF1 is Back In SoCal!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2020, 07:58 PM
Tech Regular

Here’s my entry nearly ready to go, just waiting on the spec ESC and Motor combo to arrive and install

Tip, if you want an easy halo black, just use a black sharpie and let it cure in the sun for like 20 min so it wont wipe off so easy. Looks nicer than spray painted and easier to fix
iandouglass likes this.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:37 PM
Tech Initiate

How do you guys like the Justock hobby wing esc? I was thinking about it for my exotek car - but the specs are eh. Has anyone felt a significant performance gain out of the xerun set in no timing mode? As compared to the 60amp justock?

I am a tad bit doubtful I’d be able to really feel the difference at my extremely rusty level.
Old 09-20-2020, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Personally, I'm thrilled that a spec esc/motor is being used. That said, are you using the esc's fan? I haven't found a great location for it while installed in the esc. Perhaps unbolting the fan and mounting elsewhere?
any pics/tips for the just stock spec layout would be appreciated!
-Tommy
Old 09-20-2020, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tommy911t
Personally, I'm thrilled that a spec esc/motor is being used. That said, are you using the esc's fan? I haven't found a great location for it while installed in the esc. Perhaps unbolting the fan and mounting elsewhere?
any pics/tips for the just stock spec layout would be appreciated!
-Tommy
Look at Tonys channel, he mounted the fan directly to the chassis on one of the spare holes. I have been digging around for a fan tamiya mount, but most are sold out.
tommy911t likes this.
Old 09-21-2020, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Thanks for the link to the video! Exactly what I needed to know. So excited about the spec $99 esc/motor combo and I certainly dont want to damage it due to a poor layout.

Will report back from the PNW!
-Tommy
Old 09-21-2020, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

What Rear and front wing are most racers using? Thanks part # would be good if avail.
Old 09-21-2020, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

formula e cars looking good....how many do you expect to have running?

Last edited by fat500; 09-21-2020 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-21-2020, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Tony, does the UF1 series use standard mylaps transponders for the races? I'm installing electronics in my FE car now and wanted to know because space is at a premium on this chassis.
Old 09-21-2020, 03:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
Tony, does the UF1 series use standard mylaps transponders for the races? I'm installing electronics in my FE car now and wanted to know because space is at a premium on this chassis.
The 3 wire is used in 7 out of the 8 races this season. Only the race in URCV uses a nonstandard 2 wire.
So a standard 3 wire mylaps transponder is good for the next race in the series
Old 09-21-2020, 03:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fat500
What Rear and front wing are most racers using? Thanks part # would be good if avail.
These are by far the 3 most popular for front & rear wings:

But of course, if you want to get technical on it, you can look at the winners car pic on the UF1 website gallery and use that exact one
Old 09-21-2020, 03:45 PM
Tech Regular

So Tony as for fan mounts are you allowed to mount a side motor fan like this for Formula E?

This guy looks to have drilled into the side of the chassis to screw it on and also just screwed on a top empty hole. From what I interpret from the rules, that wouldn’t be legal right? (Though its actually quite clever and i’m baffled its not like that in the standard kit)

I was planning on buying a tamiya brand motor fan mount, but looks like everyone is sold out. Is a non tamiya fan mount legal to use?
Old 09-21-2020, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

@gtcrusing....Thanks
Old 09-21-2020, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

Also just incase anyone was wondering about a 3gram difference between the spec Formula E tires:

Which of course ends up being 12 grams difference when you have all 4 tires on.
Probably best to use the 6 spoke for qualifying and the 16 spoke for racing as you would likely want weight savings for qualy and durability for race
Old 09-27-2020, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

So finally got all my electronics installed, ready to run the inaugural Formula E race

So Tony P, is the way I mounted the fan okay?

A, It does not violate the tamiya rules of no drilling on the chassis/body and it mounts directly to the motor brace on existing holes.

B, It does however use a non Tamiya fan mount, which is why I’m checking for it’s legality in conforming to the regulations

(Note I do have a plan B for an alternative motor fan mount if its not okay...which involves zip ties in a similar position, but this looks more fancy and is more secure)
Old 09-27-2020, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GT CRUSING
So Tony as for fan mounts are you allowed to mount a side motor fan like this for Formula E?

This guy looks to have drilled into the side of the chassis to screw it on and also just screwed on a top empty hole. From what I interpret from the rules, that wouldn’t be legal right? (Though its actually quite clever and i’m baffled its not like that in the standard kit)

I was planning on buying a tamiya brand motor fan mount, but looks like everyone is sold out. Is a non tamiya fan mount legal to use?

These fan mounts were allowed in TCS in the other classes. Should be no different for F-e I wonder?

EXO FAN MOUNT- CLAMP ON SET, 1/10 buggies, trucks and sedans - Exotek Racing
TPhalen and Matthew_Armeni like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.