Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Robitronic Avid Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 12:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys!!!

I'm one of the Avid's official team drivers in Spain.

What about the body post? Don't you break them a lot?

I was running the Spanish Champions Cup last weekend (spanish practice season for the euros championships).

The car is very fast, has good traction, turns well... but if you have a problem with other car, crashing with it, the body post breaks easily.

Here is a video of the race, running the other Avid's official driver team:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ2iFTokgLk

I think the plastic which is made the body post is very hard, non elastic. Also, I think they would be like the XRay or the Schumacher, as elastic as allow them absorb impacts.

Can you gime me a solution?

Last edited by awa0; 03-19-2008 at 01:13 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

still having trouble with my rear diff slipping. The two halves will not join together completly. One problem is one of the bearings cracked during assembly(my fault) and is very hard to find the replacement which is a 5x8x3. Will another cars diff work in the Avid? The internal springs are correct as the maual says....Will that wrong bearing size cause me problems?
Old 03-26-2008, 04:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow....Free U.S.FedEx Ground for $359

http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/istar...AXIR39100!1142
Old 09-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Awao,

Yes, the front and rear Body Post are quite hard.
But, as I already tried, you can adapt the Hotbodies Cyclone front body posts (more flexible). It doesn't fit exactly but you can cut the material to make it ok.

Good thing is you can mount directly the Cyclone rear bodypost on the Avid rear Shock tower direclty without doing anything. It's exactly the same dimension. Then, you will never break them anymore... Easy, huh ?

Bubbye
Slide
Old 09-15-2008, 02:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Ok, thanks!!

But I put the XRay's post now, which are very flexible, and fit exactly Two races, and I didn't broke them.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default avid

well i see everyone is complaining about customer support well i found out the distributor is sk motion. and i have made some complaints to them and i also wrote to robotronics. and they have resolved all my problems sent what i needed( axles) and my rear diff bearing fell apart in my hands during assembly and to front carrier bearings did the same and i called sk motion and they sent me out everything new including axles. and sinse then i went to me lhs and ask them to stock or order parts for me they told me that they would have opena account and buy a certain amout of parts and they didnt want to do it .so i called sk motion and they said and shop can buy from them with out making a big purchase. meaning you lhs can buy only what they need not a bunch of junk that wont sell. just thought you guys might wanna know for future referance.i do own the car and i like it alot but i had to do extensive reserch to get all the info i git so i no lnger have any issues with car as far as parts go. but stormers stocks the parts as well as speed tech rc, tower no longer has any parts for this car and ultimate will not be stocking any parts for this car either. hope this helps out any one with any questions about this car.
later
Old 09-26-2008, 11:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I had a problem and sent Sk Motion an email. Got the part in days. Now that is great customer support. So, if you are looking to buy this car, go ahead, you'll get all the support from SK Motion. Thanks!
Old 09-29-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

thats really good support. two thumbs up to that.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

i found this a while back, but i forgot where i posted it. here it is again: www.myspace.com/robitronic_usa .
Old 11-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

anybody racing the car, please post your set up. looking for spur/pinion for 17.5/27t.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Gearing for the 17.5 I'm using is 96 spur and 48 pinion, but if the tempurature is hot or small track, I'll use a 46 or 47 pinion. I hope this helps.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

How is parts support for this car now? My local hobby store, www.rctrack.com, said they can get me the car and parts without problem. yet I read this thread and see a couple people had issues with gaining parts. Are parts still an issue now?

How difficult is it to build this car in comparison to building a HPI Pro 4? Is there any special building tips or recommendations needed? I may be getting this car for my more aggressive racing in the GT classes and keep my Pro 4 for Trans-Am races.

Thanks!
Old 01-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

For parts support I go to www.speedtechrc.com They have all the parts you need. Jeff the owner can get parts really quick if they are out sice the Robitronics distributor is close to him. Car is fairly easy to build. I heard they are doing a re-design on the Avid or an upgrade. Can't wait to see that.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by HarryN
How is parts support for this car now? My local hobby store, www.rctrack.com, said they can get me the car and parts without problem. yet I read this thread and see a couple people had issues with gaining parts. Are parts still an issue now?

How difficult is it to build this car in comparison to building a HPI Pro 4? Is there any special building tips or recommendations needed? I may be getting this car for my more aggressive racing in the GT classes and keep my Pro 4 for Trans-Am races.

Thanks!
HarryN, you can have Mimi @ The Track call SK Motion (949.705.6668) to place an order for parts. We are the importer for Robitronic products in the US. Like DJGonzo69 says, you can also order it from speedtechrc.com as well. Parts availability is a lot better now.

The car build should be just like any regular touring car. If you built one before, it will be the same for this car. Our technician has one tip and that is to install the drive shaft onto the hub/knuckle before you attach the blade to the CVD. The instructions tell you to install the blade first, which is incorrect.

There are about 4-5 Avid's appearing at our local RCGT races. One of the Avid's is ranked first in the RCGT Sportsman class. You will really like this car for racing.

If you have any questions feel free to contact us.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Robitronic-USA
HarryN, you can have Mimi @ The Track call SK Motion (949.705.6668) to place an order for parts. We are the importer for Robitronic products in the US. Like DJGonzo69 says, you can also order it from speedtechrc.com as well. Parts availability is a lot better now.

The car build should be just like any regular touring car. If you built one before, it will be the same for this car. Our technician has one tip and that is to install the drive shaft onto the hub/knuckle before you attach the blade to the CVD. The instructions tell you to install the blade first, which is incorrect.

There are about 4-5 Avid's appearing at our local RCGT races. One of the Avid's is ranked first in the RCGT Sportsman class. You will really like this car for racing.

If you have any questions feel free to contact us.
Hello, Robitronic-USA!

I will ask Mimi Wong on where she ordered my car from. She said that Horizon and Tower Hobbies carries stock for Robitronic cars. So I am assuming that is where she is getting her parts and car from as well. But just in case, I will check with her. I will most definitely be buying some extra parts for the "just in case" ordeal.

I know there are quite a few people at my track that are eagerly waiting for this car to come in and for me to build it. Currently, the cars of choice are Cyclone, Corally, and Xray. I hope this car will be as popular as the big 4 (AE included).

I will also keep in mind what your tech recommended. If there is anything else, please by all means let me know. In addition, what is this redesign/upgrade that DJGonzo is talking about? Is this going to be an update/redesign that I should get now?

Pics of the current car are in this thread. What will change from these pics, Robitronic-USA?
Attached Thumbnails Robitronic Avid Touring Car-avid1.jpg   Robitronic Avid Touring Car-avid2.jpg  

Last edited by HarryN; 01-19-2009 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Typo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.