Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree402Likes

New Gravity Foam spec tire

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 07:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Longer springs would only help if you're not already at the limit of the length of the shock...foam-specific cars had either longer shocks, more inboard shock mounting points on the arms, or lowered shock towers.
Would be cool if you knew someone that could make a set of shock towers a couple mm lower...
Sean B. likes this.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Denney
Longer springs would only help if you're not already at the limit of the length of the shock...foam-specific cars had either longer shocks, more inboard shock mounting points on the arms, or lowered shock towers.
Would be cool if you knew someone that could make a set of shock towers a couple mm lower...
Denney!!!!!
Long time, no see! I had thought about using the ‘18 car shock towers since they’re 4 mil lower, and just keep the ‘17 shocks. I just wasn’t sure how crazy I want to get, and still have the car perform well.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sean B.
I really wanted to like this tire. They ran good. I had good traction even on whooped out grey ozite, and I wasn’t chunking them. The verdict for me right now though is, they are too low profile for my car (T4 ‘17). I have to crank the hell out of the shock collars to get ride height (5mm), especially on the front. Makes the suspension real springy as the springs are damn tight on the shock.
Back in the day these would have been perfect diameter, but with these modern cars I’m just not sure they work. I could be wrong, but I tried everything I could think of to make it work. If anyone has the answer for this, please let me know!
How are they too low profile when they are virtually the same as a standard TC rubber tyre?
Old 02-08-2018, 09:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Virtually, but not. Then they only get smaller from there.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Lightbulb

This is going way back in time, but we used to add internal shock limiters to reduce the out of the body length of the shock shaft. Then with them in place you could use a more effective portion of the shocks adjustment threads.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de Los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, California, Unites States of America
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Got to test these foam tires on a big nitro dominated race track this weekend. Definitely works better than rubber tires, we will be getting a class going soon with these tires.

Pretty happy with the performance of the tires on this mod 5.0 blinky TC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps3lZj-MD1k
Linguster likes this.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Did you tireprep or run them "natural"?, I have only used tha Gravity tires indoor with tireprep When I use trued Capricorn tires on our 1/8 outdoor track I unly use the grip put into the track.

Originally Posted by lagcisco
Got to test these foam tires on a big nitro dominated race track this weekend. Definitely works better than rubber tires, we will be getting a class going soon with these tires.

Pretty happy with the performance of the tires on this mod 5.0 blinky TC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps3lZj-MD1k
Old 02-13-2018, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de Los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, California, Unites States of America

Originally Posted by Linguster
Did you tireprep or run them "natural"?, I have only used tha Gravity tires indoor with tireprep When I use trued Capricorn tires on our 1/8 outdoor track I unly use the grip put into the track.
Ran with tire sauce which I dont think they even need. I'll try them again without sauce
Old 02-14-2018, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Ran with tire sauce which I dont think they even need. I'll try them again without sauce
I ve found that Sauced Foam tires (or rubber) that are run outside (and inside ) wear less quickly then dry tires
Old 02-14-2018, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Just for kicks, we also tried Enneti nitro front tires all around on our electric TC cars. These tires are super cheap, probably can get a set of 4 for under $15 during a sale. Unfortunately, those tires didn't seem to have as much grip as the Gravity tires but we will be doing more testing with different compounds

ENNETFC30 :: Enneti :: 1/10 200mm GP :: Tires ::...
TJames987 likes this.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Just for kicks, we also tried Enneti nitro front tires all around on our electric TC cars. These tires are super cheap, probably can get a set of 4 for under $15 during a sale. Unfortunately, those tires didn't seem to have as much grip as the Gravity tires but we will be doing more testing with different compounds

ENNETFC30 :: Enneti :: 1/10 200mm GP :: Tires ::...
like these

https://www.amainhobbies.com/contact...85275?v=232743
Old 02-16-2018, 02:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Tonight we we will be 5 touring cars on foam at the local indoor track. 3 on Gravity and 2 on trued and cut rear Capricorn tires. We will se how that shoot out will go
Antimullet likes this.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

I had only short time at the track and got 4 runs under my belt. I started with a new set of tires and after two runs I swiched to a second set of rear Gravity tires. I will see how many runs I could get without truing tires for "right size" front and rear. Carpet that we are using is an old one that has been "sitting" a couple of year "rolled up" So grip is just starting to be built up.

In the comparisson to Capricorn tires it was hard to tell with limited amount of time at the track. But it was fun racing with an old friend that had put the gear in the closet for two years and felt it was time to do some driving on foam. We were chasing eachother around the track and I was beaten with 11.40 to my 11.49. In that scenario it is 1-0 to Capricorn.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Do you know what shore he was running?
Old 02-17-2018, 08:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
Do you know what shore he was running?
He was running 37 front and 40 rear, which I belive is the same as th the Gravity tires. He cut them 27mm rear with a saw blade.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.