Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2002, 10:20 PM
Tech Addict

Wink

I run 26/75 with an MVP on tight tracks and 29/75 on looooooooong ones. I'd use a 30t pinion but I don't have one (48 pitch too)

Looks like I'll be back racing modified next year, just can't be bothered at the moment racing stock...
Old 08-23-2002, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Modified all the way and what the hell is that in your avatar?
Old 08-23-2002, 03:19 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Simon's avatar would be the prince of darkness, himself. The almighty Ozzy.
Old 08-23-2002, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

LOL..sadly I don't get cable television so I don't see much of that.
Old 08-23-2002, 11:18 PM
Tech Regular

Ok people ill post some pics of my lightened chassis tomorow..
Old 08-24-2002, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Have any every had a problem with the rear diff screw breaking. Ofter running mod's in my Yokomo for a year, I switch over to stock racing and the head on the diff screw just broke off. The diff was not set to tight.
Old 08-24-2002, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

I had the same problem...MO said to use alot of grease around the head of the screw. Appart from that, you have to be really careful that it's not set too tight, or it will break...I must have broken it 5 times.
Old 08-24-2002, 09:34 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Well tonight after two weeks the car I finally got it dialed in. The last two weeks it was always a little loose and oversteered a little bit. Well today I fixed that from by going to a little lighter oil in the rear and by using the long ballend on the shock in the rear with a little more droop. Man the car was on a rail like I had a slot car track with the best magnets you could get. Man it steered a ton but not loose at all. Everyone was like damn your car is killer. I ran the same stock motor as I did the week before with the same gearing and I was running .03 to .06 tenths a lap faster this weekend. Same batteries and I didn't even cut the motor in my car this week. I never took it out other than to spray it out and re oil it.

It was worth the effort I put into the car to make it work like this plus I learned alot about the car. It took a little longer to hook up since i did only one change at a time and only 2 per battery. Well worth it in the long run. Since I run asphalt indoors this setup should last all year with very little tweaking from my new base setup.
Old 08-24-2002, 09:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

rowdyrj: I've had that problem once too. On thing you might want to check is the srcrew your using. I had a diff screw once that although it fit, it was also threaded all the way to the head. I think these screws break easier at the threads right near the head. Thats why you should make sure you have the screw that is not thread up to the head. I've yet to break one of the screw without the full threading.
Old 08-24-2002, 10:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by mo
Simon's avatar would be the prince of darkness, himself. The almighty Ozzy.
Mo wins a prize!
We've just about finished the first series of "The Osbournes" here in NZ. It's been a bit of a ratings monster I believe, there was a lot of prepublicity and the huge buzz it created in the States also hyped up the local audiences.
I love the show, Ozzy is...well, what you would expect him to be like after 30 odd years of rock star excess. Surreal.

I also prepared a huge swag of avatars after raiding one of the show fansites...LOL!

When I mentioned racing modified again next year, it will most likely be at the expense of my SP. It's up for sale at the moment, along with my old YZ10 off road car. If I can move them both there will be something new on the workshop bench. Either a new Yokomo(if one is released before January) or possibly an X-Ray Evo 2.
Of course, if I can't sell the cars, I'll be racing 4WD Off road "Modified" in about 2 months time, then racing the NZ On road Nats with the SP in Late January.

Last edited by Simon K; 08-24-2002 at 10:43 PM.
Old 08-24-2002, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Nooo, Xray bad jk...Just seems to be the opinion of people up here that the suspension geometry isn't quite right.

I don't plan on racing the special again either, if Yokomo comes out with a new car soon enough, I might pick that up...Otherwise I had a Tamiya for a brief period of time and I really liked that.
Old 08-24-2002, 11:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah it kinda stinks that SP is going to be replaced so quickly. I think I'll end up getting one of the new yokes when they come out. The X-ray evo 2 seems like a cool car too, and it seem wierd that suspension geometry could be off. I mean have you seen that new shock tower it looks like carbon fiber swiss cheese.
Old 08-24-2002, 11:43 PM
Tech Elite

LOL, with that many holes maybe there is the possiblity of correcting it
Old 08-25-2002, 02:47 AM
Tech Initiate

anyone know where i can find an online manual for the mr4?
Old 08-25-2002, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Go to babelfish.altavista.com

Ask it to translate www.teamyokomo.com from Japanese to English.

Then click through to "Yokomo Japan"

Then Click through to "Press Releases"

There you should find a manuals option - there will be a whole list of pdf's, some in English and some in Japanese.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.