Community
Wiki Posts
Search

brother-in-law needs advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 02:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Default brother-in-law needs advice

he is new to the rc world. and he has decided to go with a 10th scale stadium truck.he is narrowed down between rc10gt rtr and losi xxxnt rtr. he would like your guys input on pro and cons between two. and which would be the better investment. and yes he plans on setting it up for raceing after he gets the hang of it. so and comments will be looked at thanks
Old 01-17-2006, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am not sure I would recommend an RTR if he knows he will be racing. I would recommend getting one of the team kits (either Factory Team Gt or Adam Drake 2) and an OS CV engine. The GT is more durable but the Losi probably handles a little better. A $100 FM radio like the Futaba 3pm or Airtronics MX3 will also work well if he is on a budget. The Jr radios are good too but make sure it is FM, and it fits the hand well.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Default race

he is not wanting to go real competive from the start. i have an older losi and rc10gt both they were both kit cars so i cant give him the advice he wants on the rtr kits. hes mainly just wanting to know which would be the best route. cause all i can tell him is that they are both great trucks. and in the long run when he dicides to get more competitive which is the better investment
Old 01-18-2006, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The Losi is probably better. You get basically a XXXnt race kit with softer plastics. It has universals (I think?) and hardcoated shocks whereas the Gt RTR does not. I think the radio and servos are even a little better too in the Losi.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

If you are wanting get a rtr kit its hard to say because they are both pretty similar as is all rtr kits. out of the box the losi will drive better plus if you get the rtr 2 you get a roto start setup. The gt on the other hand is about 50 buck cheaper so you could take that money and put it towards turing it into a factory team kit. So its up to you if you like losi or ae better, cause if you're going rtr they will be pretty much the same.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

If i had a choice ummm losi for sure, i have a hpi savage but i dont think hpi stadiums are racer built