Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree369Likes

4wd stadium trucks!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm tempted to get the new Traxxas truck, throw some SCT track tires on it, do a little shock tuning, and turn it loose at my local track. I don't race anymore, I just go on practice days to drive for fun. This would be a cheaper alternative than the Tekno truck.

I still have my wing mount and rear wing from my Stampede shapeshifter project I could throw on the truck. It bolts on to the rear shock Tower.
Hmmmmmmm.......
Old 09-21-2018, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaX-D
I'm tempted to get the new Traxxas truck, throw some SCT track tires on it, do a little shock tuning, and turn it loose at my local track. I don't race anymore, I just go on practice days to drive for fun. This would be a cheaper alternative than the Tekno truck.

I still have my wing mount and rear wing from my Stampede shapeshifter project I could throw on the truck. It bolts on to the rear shock Tower.
Hmmmmmmm.......

i was thinking of making a wing for it too. do you have pics of your creation?
Old 09-21-2018, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

took the rustler 4x4 demo out for a rip at a construction site. gave her some love and she worked pretty well. how ever the demo broke. due to a bad landing and being on power,one of the rear drive shafts ujoint snapped. the good thing is the MIP cvd's fit from the slash 4x4.

Old 09-22-2018, 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by twisted
i was thinking of making a wing for it too. do you have pics of your creation?
unfortunately no, I do not have any pics of the truck. My phone that the pics were on fell into a swimming pool thus losing all of my pictures on the phone

Last edited by MaX-D; 09-23-2018 at 06:11 AM.
Old 09-22-2018, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

The "Vyne" conversion for the 22-4 2.0 buggies looks pretty good. I have a fair bit of goodies for that platform yet (rcshox center diff kit anyone?!) But the cost to get everything would be about the same to convert my Eb410. May just pull the upgrades that carry over and order an et410. I wish Tekno would send me one to review. lol
Old 09-25-2018, 07:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

What a disappointment, was really hoping to see a 1/10 Truggy (with a 540 motor), not a 1/14 Truggy (with a 380 motor).... done that with the Losi Mini-8ight-T and that was a fail, I would expect the same with this one as well

Red RC ? RC Car News » Team Associated Reflex 14T & 14B RTR

Old 09-25-2018, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

SO i test fitted some Associated 12mm hex stadium truck tires on the Rustler 4x4 and as many suspected they wont fit do to the large caster blocks. I was hoping to set this up to race against some teknos now im not sure its possible if i cant get stadium tires on the truck. maybe stretch some 2.2 stadium tires over the traxxas 2.8's?
Old 09-25-2018, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

SO i test fitted some Associated 12mm hex stadium truck tires on the Rustler 4x4 and as many suspected they wont fit do to the large caster blocks. I was hoping to set this up to race against some teknos now im not sure its possible if i cant get stadium tires on the truck. maybe stretch some 2.2 stadium tires over the traxxas 2.8's?
Random thought, but Tekno makes M6 axles/CVA's for the Slash/Rustler 4x4, so maybe you can adapt ET410 front blocks/spindles/driveshafts somehow? Note: I only spent about 5 seconds thinking about this, so there's likely something super-wrong about it.
twisted likes this.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

what about short course wheels? they should clear the caster blocks.
Old 09-26-2018, 07:10 AM
Tech Champion

I have heard that Tamiya offset wheels will work on the P4de, though I have not personally tried them myself. When I was tinkering with the idea of doing TheJANG's Shapeshifter, I had planned to give these wheels a try in the wide wheelbase:
Black Revolver Rock Crawler Wheels ? Wide Wheelbase | RPM R/C Products

I used a similar offset with some TC wheels back in the day to convert a Sl4sh into a drifter, it was stupid, but it worked!

twisted likes this.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:38 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong
What a disappointment, was really hoping to see a 1/10 Truggy (with a 540 motor), not a 1/14 Truggy (with a 380 motor).... done that with the Losi Mini-8ight-T and that was a fail, I would expect the same with this one as well

Red RC ? RC Car News » Team Associated Reflex 14T & 14B RTR

actually looking forward to these as we race mini's in the winter with the LC Racing vehicles being the top ones right now quality to performance wise.

When running on a small track, these can make it seem lik eyou have wide open spaces and great performance for the money.
EbbTide likes this.
Old 09-26-2018, 12:35 PM
Tech Champion

The Mini 8ight-T that I owned did really well on large outdoor tracks too, I had no issue with performance, but it would occasionally strip a spur gear and it was a complete nightmare to work on. Tiny 1.5mm screw heads would easily strip which compounded my frustration. Temps weren't great with the 380 motor, really wished it had a sensored 540 motor and fit traditional shorty packs and standard (or low profile) 1/10 servos. Saw an LC Racing buggy run some practice laps at the turf track in my area but it just wasn't very impressive on the 1/10 turf track... perhaps with smaller jumps I can see the 1/14 cars doing well, but the technology just isn't there to properly support 1/14 electronics just yet .
Old 09-26-2018, 01:41 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

The Mini 8ight-T that I owned did really well on large outdoor tracks too, I had no issue with performance, but it would occasionally strip a spur gear and it was a complete nightmare to work on. Tiny 1.5mm screw heads would easily strip which compounded my frustration. Temps weren't great with the 380 motor, really wished it had a sensored 540 motor and fit traditional shorty packs and standard (or low profile) 1/10 servos. Saw an LC Racing buggy run some practice laps at the turf track in my area but it just wasn't very impressive on the 1/10 turf track... perhaps with smaller jumps I can see the 1/14 cars doing well, but the technology just isn't there to properly support 1/14 electronics just yet .
We here clear the 1/10 jumps on our turf track. The tenshock motor in the buggy is a great little unit, very powerful. Another thing guys would do is go with the long wheelbase setup with buggy. Its like driving a mini 1/10 buggy and with the LC Racing truggy motor, hold on. Cool temps, fast cars I'll have to see if I can find a vid of the action.

Fun times

Anyway back on topic, for those running these do you see these getting more love outdoors?
billdelong likes this.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

I have heard that Tamiya offset wheels will work on the P4de, though I have not personally tried them myself. When I was tinkering with the idea of doing TheJANG's Shapeshifter, I had planned to give these wheels a try in the wide wheelbase:
Black Revolver Rock Crawler Wheels ? Wide Wheelbase | RPM R/C Products

I used a similar offset with some TC wheels back in the day to convert a Sl4sh into a drifter, it was stupid, but it worked!

do you know if there is a pic of the shapeshifter truck with the rpm wheels on it? im thinking of trying them but dont want it to be to wide
Old 09-30-2018, 11:32 AM
Tech Champion

do you know if there is a pic of the shapeshifter truck with the rpm wheels on it? im thinking of trying them but dont want it to be to wide
Not that I know of... TheJANG was the one who mentioned that it should work, but he also cautioned that it would increase the track width which is why he stayed with the SCT wheels.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.