First buggy after being away for 6ish years

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First buggy after being away for 6ish years

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

If you wanted to run JConcepts, it'd be Swagger fronts and Pin Down Rears, both in pink compound. Pro-Line would be Wedge Squared fronts and Pin Point Rears, both in Z3 compound. They both include appropriate foams for the rears and don't need foams for the fronts. Just make sure to get "slim" front wheels or you will have to cut standard ones down for the fronts. The rears are just standard wheels. All of the these (including the Schumachers I previously mentioned) are available at Amain.com.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Just throwing it out there but DE Racing makes setup wheels also, just picked up a set, about a 1/4th the cost of a full setup station (though may want one of those eventually, still working on driving clean laps). With the stiffer/flatter wheels, should be a little easier and more consistent than using my race wheels/tires to measure toe/camber/ride height. Just make sure to get the right size for wheels and inserts. I'm sure they can't be the only company making something like that.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks for all the advice everyone! I'm making up a list on amain right now of the things I want to get.

Is there a reason for not running foams in the fronts?
Old 02-14-2017, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kultar
Is there a reason for not running foams in the fronts?
I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure it's just unnecessary with the tires being as small as they are (narrowed for sure and I'm pretty sure they're also a little smaller diameter) and there being enough support in the sidewalls at that point. For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure that no one really runs foams in the front of their carpet tires in 2wd.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:15 AM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

s there a reason for not running foams in the fronts?
Thats how the slim, low profiles are designed. Foams make them way to stiff. I always advise
new people to get premount fronts for there first set to understand how to glue them up.
For the rear either blocks in yellow or minispikes in yellow for fresh turf. After it breaksin some
Minidarts in yellow. At that point some guys may prefer minipins.

For jconcepts your gonna start with swaggers and lochness, then maybe move to pindowns
once the turf breaks in.

Prolline's stuff is more for carpet.

For rears your going to run a simple open cell foam for buggy.

If you decide to try blocks there a 2 ways to do it. Cut the sidewall and glue them narrow
or leave the inner bead unglued so you can move it over to compensate for wear.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Kultar can you post photos of your local track or provide a link to their website/FB? I'd like to see what the turf track looks like/layout.

Thanks
Old 02-14-2017, 10:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks everyone.. I'm learning a *lot* ... if the wife is okay with my brilliant idea, I'm thinking of picking up most of what has been suggested and trying it out to see what works best for me.

@Jsapata - The track is still undergoing renovation and won't be open for another 3-4 weeks. Here's their facebook https://www.facebook.com/CruizinRC/ and they have some videos of what their track looked like prior to them going the turf route. I've yet to lay my eyes on what the new layout will be (if it will be different at that).