Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22T 3.0 Stadium Truck Race Kit Thread! >

TLR 22T 3.0 Stadium Truck Race Kit Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree33Likes

TLR 22T 3.0 Stadium Truck Race Kit Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roysays
Can I put the 4.0 rear tower and shocks on a 3.0 chassis with the standup tranny?
What part numbers would I need?
Yes, I think it should fit the same.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roysays
Can I put the 4.0 rear tower and shocks on a 3.0 chassis with the standup tranny?
What part numbers would I need?
What is the specific part number for tower you want to use?

Assuming question is for stiffizel standup rear tower, in which case, likely yes. Would have to confirm by either checking 3.0 and 4.0 manuals or if someone has actual parts to check.

However, if referring to 4.0 laydown rear shock tower that flips around with four screws and lets you mounts rear shocks either in front of or behind rear arms, have to convert over to full 4.0 laydown transmission along with shorter rear shock body and shock shafts (and would need to mod the 3.0 body or get a 4.0 body, and drill rear arms or get newer 4.0 rear arms to mount shocks in forward position).
Old 01-10-2018, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Frank Root;14990047]Personally, I prefer the handling of TLR springs. I think they have more grip and make my truck feel more "in the track". I run blue front and yellow rears.

are they low frequency?
Old 01-10-2018, 01:41 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

[QUOTE=hotrodchevy14;15126320]
Originally Posted by Frank Root
Personally, I prefer the handling of TLR springs. I think they have more grip and make my truck feel more "in the track". I run blue front and yellow rears.

are they low frequency?
No, the standard springs.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Tried the stiffizel arms — pretty dang good and a cheap upgrade for the 3.0. Truck feels more reactive, and does land a little more composed.

Was a little skeptical I could tell the difference — I had a hard time noticing much of a difference on my AE buggy with hard arms, but I think there is more flex in general on the truck that it’s easier to notice. I likey!
Old 01-10-2018, 08:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by faqcya
How does the new shocks keep you from wheeling when the weight is unchaged?
I think the fact that you can move the shocks to the front of the tower and with the new 4.0t A-Arms.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WallyRC
I think the fact that you can move the shocks to the front of the tower and with the new 4.0t A-Arms.
With the shock tower he is using you wouldn't be able to do it without doing the same mods that you would have to use with the 3.0 shocks. His video even has them on the back.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:17 PM
Tech Addict

With the shock tower he is using you wouldn't be able to do it without doing the same mods that you would have to use with the 3.0 shocks. His video even has them on the back.
I have my shocks in front. I flipped the shock mounts around so the long side is on the front of the tower. Flipped my arms around. Then put 5 mm of spacers to bring them more forward on the upper mount. The geometry is pretty good. Going to order some 4.0 arms which will bring back the lower arm mount a little more and it should be perfect. Think I am actually going to drill the front of an extra set of 3.0 arms in front and see how that works as well.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Do you even own a 22T 3.0? So far you're 0/3. Literally most of your posts are just plain wrong. Think beyond your kneejerk reaction to everything, and you might actually see the forest for the trees.

https://youtu.be/gDadfh0ZdBM?t=182

Last edited by RazorRC; 01-10-2018 at 10:37 PM.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RazorRC
Do you even own a 22T 3.0? So far you're 0/3. Literally most of your posts are just plain wrong. Think beyond your kneejerk reaction to everything, and you might actually see the forest for the trees.

https://youtu.be/gDadfh0ZdBM?t=182
Yes I do own a 22T 3.0! I do not however have that shock tower and I did not realize that both of the new 4.0 shock towers would allow you to put the shocks on both the front and the back. I made a mistake. So what! Would you like for me to blow up at you every time you make a mistake? I'm here to learn and to share things. What are you here for? There are not very many people in the world that can notice a small 0.6% change. Maybe you can. And because I doubt it and you can't provide proof then I must be wrong? Can you also drive down the highway at 120MPH and know that you're doing 120 and not 119? I don't know where you get #3 from. How about we keep this a friendly chat in the future.

Last edited by faqcya; 01-11-2018 at 01:37 AM.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

YI'm here to learn and to share things. What are you here for?
I'm pretty sure you haven't provided any useful information, whereas I have provided quite a bit. Maybe you've learned something though.

There are not very many people in the world that can notice a small 0.6% change. Maybe you can. And because I doubt it and you can't provide proof then I must be wrong?
No, you're wrong because you're just wrong. It's that simple. You honestly question people about irrelevant points that if you took a step back and asked yourself why you are asking these questions, would realize they're actually quite obvious.

Like I did a review of the Spektrum DX5C and you asked why anyone racing would need more than 2 channels. They don't, but that's not the point. If you're going to sell a $500 race radio, you better be sure it has more than 2 channels, else it's going to be perceived as inferior to a $100 radio that does 4 channels.

Your username doesn't help either, and assuming it's another way to spell "**** you", is kind of indicative of your thought process.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

To add more helpful information, this is what I plan to do for the 3.0->4.0

1. Put on rear shocks and shock tower. 4.0 shock tower has body mounts for the 4.0 body.
2. Stiffizel arms
3. 4.0 body. This has the clearance for forward mounted shocks.
4. Remove the rear wing mount since you don't need it anymore.
5. Move rear shocks to front of arms.

Does that explain the whole thing? You can't (properly) do 5. until you do 4. You can't do 4 until you do 3. You can't do 3 until you do 1. That's why I did 1, and why you still see the shocks on the rear of the arm.

Expand your mind.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RazorRC
I'm pretty sure you haven't provided any useful information, whereas I have provided quite a bit. Maybe you've learned something though.

No, you're wrong because you're just wrong. It's that simple. You honestly question people about irrelevant points that if you took a step back and asked yourself why you are asking these questions, would realize they're actually quite obvious.

Like I did a review of the Spektrum DX5C and you asked why anyone racing would need more than 2 channels. They don't, but that's not the point. If you're going to sell a $500 race radio, you better be sure it has more than 2 channels, else it's going to be perceived as inferior to a $100 radio that does 4 channels.

Your username doesn't help either, and assuming it's another way to spell "**** you", is kind of indicative of your thought process.
You have PM I'm not going to continue to cloud up these forums just because you have some sort of beef you'd like to pick with me.
rayzcar and RazorRC like this.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

So.... I’ve been racing my 3.0 ST off and on since it was first released and it’s been a fun truck to race along with either my 2wd or 4wd buggy.

4.0 comes out about a year later and I calculate the conversion cost and decide to just get the new kit. Raced it a couple times and trying to get truck class some momentum locally (of late affectionately known as “The Not Buggy Class”).

So I let my friend race the 4.0 with a 7.5 motor while I race the 3.0 with an older 13.5 motor. There’s a spare 4.0 laydown in my backup 3.0SR buggy so I rob it for my truck. Get the new shock tower and convert to shorter rear shocks (in rear position since our track hasn’t gotten the newer stiffer rear arms yet). Put a new Spec-R 13.5 motor in it and the combo just makes me feel like a better driver, a little more comfortable and connected with the car, reacting instinctively instead of overthinking.

FYI, I’m normally a middle/back of pack guy when I race but I actually got a 2nd place last night (admittedly some of the regular and faster truck guys weren’t racing, but we did have 9 in the class, usual is 4-6). My lap times are about the same as I was getting with my 4.0 and 7.5, and I know the car has plenty more potential, the limiting factor being the driver.

So if you stuck around to the end of this long story, the takeaway is... if you choose not to or just can’t swing the 4.0T but can convert your 3.0 truck with standup to the 4.0 laydown, I think you’ll be quite pleased with the results. We race on med/high traction dirt/clay.

I did get a 4.0 body to race with but you can make a 3.0 body fit if willing to make some mods where the tower and body mounts are. Even more if you want to mount the rear shocks in front of the rear arms.
Old 01-11-2018, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Congratulations on your 2nd place finish I bet that felt good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.