Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2421Likes

Tekno RC EB410 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 05-13-2019, 06:33 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC EB410 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Welcome to the EB410 Wiki page.

Basic Stats/Features:
  • Shaft drive (tapered AL for light weight and straightness)
  • Gear differentials (all 3)
  • Low Angle CVAs (with captured pins so no ejecting them!)
  • Durable stub axles with 12mm hexes and optional offset adjustments
  • Reverse bellcrank steering system
  • Quick access bulkheads (for easy diff maintenance and tuning)
  • Spllt center diff holder (for easy diff maintenance and tuning)
  • 8th scale style motor mount (for easy mesh adjustment)
  • 13mm big bore shocks
  • 3.5mm shock shafts
  • Droop screws

Videos
Servo Horns
Tekno included a plastic servo horn but also offers an aluminum one. This is highly recommended. Here's a list of servo horns that have been found to work:
Gearing:
Works out of the box for mod or 13.5.
  • Preference for Associated factory team pinions
  • Start mod gearing around 21t pinion
  • Start 13.5 gearing around 29t pinion with the stock spur (81tooth). If using a Tekin Spec R 13.5, start with a 24t pinion for medium sized indoor tracks.
  • Internal Gear Ratio: 2.5:1
  • For comparison:
  • B64 is 2.47:1
  • 22-4 is 2.4:1
  • YZ4 is 2.6:1

Wheels
  • B6/22/rb6 wheels direct fit
  • 22-4/XB4 front wheels direct fit
  • B64 front wheels will fit, but you need the +1 hexes (can use #TKR1654X, which is a +1mm hex)
  • 22 2wd front wheels will also fit, possibly a good option for carpet.

Setup Sheets and other documentation
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.
Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
Aftermarket Upgrades:
Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Build Tips:
  • When fastening the steering posts with a 5.5mm socket wrench, you can back space the socket with some nuts to help drive the post into the bulk head

• Place an alcohol swab over metal threads and drive screws through the swab to clean both sides of threads before applying thread lock

• Use a metallic marker to indicate what fluids you have filled in your diffs for easy identification

• Apply thin layer of grease on crown gears to help hold gaskets in place for easy hole alignment

• Bags F and H have 2 different size set screws, be sure to use the smaller 3x3mm screws for the hexes or you may run into problems installing wheels over the hex if you use the longer 3x4mm screws
  • To make is easier to slip the o-rings on the shock cap bleeder screws, apply a drop of shock oil and slip them over a 1.5mm hex bit, then line up the bit with the screw and transfer the o-ring over using fingernails or needle nose pliers
  • pinch+rotate shock caps in 17mm hex wrench to improve roundness
    More shock build tips here
  • Use a 3.05mm drill bit or 3.05mm Kyosho arm reamer, 1/8" drill bits are not recommended because they are 3.17mm in diameter and tend to introduce too much slop, the pins are roughly 2.97mm in diameter
  • Replace the stock 3x14mm screws (TKR1405) with 3x20mm screws (TKR1409) in step H-10 in the manual in order to increase durability to the bulkhead.

• When installing the front and rear differentials into the bulkheads be careful when tightening the 3x8mm screws of the cover that holds the diff in place. Bottom out the screws first (use a hand driver and make it hand tight) then check the diff to make sure it rotates smooth. If it binds up, start by backing out each screw 1/8-1/4 of a turn until the both front and rear diffs move freely. The plastic threads will keep the screws in place so don't worry if you think the screws are not secure.
  • When installing the steering hub kingpins (TKR6596), drive each one in hand tight only. Then check the movement of the steering hub. If it binds up, back out the kingpin screws by 1/8-1/4 of a turn until it moves freely. Then install the set screws (TKR1601) to hold it in place. Only drive the set screw in until you make contact with the kingpin. Do not force it.
  • If using the low profile servo mount, be sure to use smaller OD (outter diameter) washers to avoid rubbing on the center drive shaft. Protek ball stud washers are a good example of the acceptable diameter. You can chose to not run washers though it is recommended to use them as it makes for a more secure mount.

• Ball Cup Alternative from AE: ASC91453. These are used as a harder composite option if you are not happy with the softer stock plastics. Note that these are approximately 2-3mm shorter and require compensation when building your kit to the manual specs to achieve proper camber/toe settings

• Wheel Nut Alternative: Yokomo 4mm Thin Aluminum Serrated Flanged Nut

https://www.amainhobbies.com/yokomo-...-n4flt/p541494

• Moving Rear Shocks to the Front of the A-arm

This is the break down of what's required by one of the Eb410 FB users.

Joey A.

So since there has been some people wondering about running the shocks in the front of the arm I though I would try explaining everything that I did to get them to work and why. My goal was to run as much stock stuff as possible with the least amount of modifications.

-Arms- need to be flipped and 1mm shaved off the back (spacing the arm farther back) running it this way the car is still a mm shorter then stock but more material could be removed for more adjustability but I have found no need to make the car longer.

-Inner ball stud- there are 2 ways of mounting, the first can be used with the stock plastic tower. All you need to do is use a 10mm ball stud instead of the lower shock mount screw and a little clearance from the shock tower and diff case. Using this method will work but the ball stud is moved lower and farther in then the stock locations which requires different pivot locations to try and correct roll centers. The other way (preferred) using the option carbon tower drill a hole higher and farther out if done properly you will be able to get the ball stud location in the correct hight(0mm) and between the two stock locations.

-Shocks- only 2 changes from stock you will need to space the top shock mount 2mm out. You will also need to run around 1.5-2mm less droop depending on your setup.

-Sway bar- this is the hardest part of the swap. This can be done a million ways I chose to print a mount in the stock ball stud location which allowed me to use the stock swaybars and arm mounting position. You can also bend your own bar and use the stock mounts on the back. You will have to drill your arms on the other side and closer to the pivot for this to work (remember you will need a thinner bar the closer you mount the lower pickup on the arm to get the same feeling as stock).

-Other- you will need to remove the drop screws on the rear arm. Depending on rear rims,hubs,ballcups and setup you might need to clearance the outer ball cup so it doesn’t rub on the wheel.

-Why- the benefits of running the shocks in the front are the ability to run a softer rear shock package without giving up corner speed and pack. The car will land without chassis slapping or packing out as easy allowing you to drive the car harder and it corners flatter and rotates faster without losing rear grip.

Sorry for the shity grammar,
    TJR

Sway bar mount for forward mounted shocks: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tekno-EB410...4AAOSwYNxahFkq

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 06:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Allen Drebi
So I put the shocks togather with the bladder I mentioned above. It was the perfect fit. No leaking no air in from the top cap. Using the aluminum caps. I used Gordo Tessmann method. He has a video on YouTube. I was able to get a rebound of 1 to 2 mm. I couldn’t get the suction out as Gordo explained. When I used his method to get the suction out, I get hydro lock at compression. I end up with leaving the suction in and have close to 0 rebound.

I have been having an issue with one rear shock. When I pump it fast, with out the cap on, I see air coming from the bottom. I replaced the seals, the bottom guide, the bottom O ring, the shock guaid, new bottom cap, slime, Protek blue grease, No help. Tried with the bottom cap full tightened, lose, half lose, no help. Air keeps coming in from the button as I pump it fast with out the cap. 😡😡😡😡😡
I built all of the shocks the same way, just an issue with one. I’m thinking the shamber where the seals and the guide are housed is off some how. When I tighten the bottom cap to the point where the shaft is difficult to push up, I still get air in from the bottom. WTF 😡😡😡

I want to test it Wed night, but playing with the F...ing shock took a lot of the time. Buggy still apart. It is 2 am and have to work tomorrow. I’m F....ing pissed.

Calling Tekno tomorrow

PS the rear hubs from Exotek are dialed. You have the option to lower the axel height like in the B6.
__________________________________________________ __________
May need to use different O rings like TLR's or Kyosho's. I've been running emulsion shocks on 1/8 & 1/10 TLR cars for over 4 years now and after 3 months of running time my 1/10 shocks would build around 2mm of rebound in them. But having to bleed the shocks after every run is just ridiculous. Air is coming from shaft and maybe bleeder screw too. Hopefully, Tekno will start shipping eb410 kits with alum shock caps and start using a washer instead of the tiny O ring for the bleeder screw. If using TLR's O rings just use shock oil on them and u should be good. I believe shafts are 3.5mm same as TLR.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Scott R
Completed my build last night, just waiting for the body.
I only have 2 complaints, about my kit,
1. The wheel hexes we're too tight on the axles, I had to sand away the anodizing in the inside the hole to make them fit.
2. The kit didn't come with the 3x3mm set screws for the hexes, they were all 3x5mm which are too long and don't allow the wheel to go in without damaging it.(I double checked every set screw in the kit to make certain I didn't miss them and install the shorter ones somewhere else.)
There are several accounts of people on this thread referring to mixing up the set screws that are in bag "H". There are 3mm and 4mm. A few didn't catch it until they tried to put on the wheels as you said.

Double check the set screws in the front spindles and compare them to the ones in the hexes. There is a chance you did the same thing. (read right passed the part you double checked! LOL)

Accidents do happen I suppose.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rvrslt1
How do you like the Schelle set up? What benefits did you see from useing slipper over center diff? Thanks
Not my buggy that's fitted with the slipper.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Had time to test the slipper properly yesterday. Ran a couple of packs and then checked the slipper. The slipper sits firm and tight and feels great in the car (I run 5.5t motor). The front and rear bones are tight and also feels great, no hazzle there.

Mounted Xray 1.8mm front sway bar, huge difference from the 1.4mm. Downsized from orange in the back to yellow. Will test this a Little more Before going back to the orange. I felt that the landing feels a Little better and no Bounce on the sections with a lot of bumps.

I also tested a new setup that felt really good, will post up later. Installed alu caps on the shocks now, what a difference. A much better feel even After several battery packs.

I run cactus both front and rear but will try wide stagger due to the bite in the cactus tire. It takes a couple of battery packs to tame the front cactus tires. Out of the box they are not easily driven. Some cut the sides and also glue the side walls for more stability. Glue is not allowed when racing just cutting, so I don´t want to do that on the tires.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Hello All

Just a FYI our Exotek that's up for preorder should all be here tomorrow.

Also Check out the EB410 kit on our site, were running a special its quite a deal when using the codes.

I hope to be posting a pic of my personal EB410 soon, so I can join the fun with you all.

Thanks
Cain and Tbuggy like this.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

What size are the nuts that hold on the shocks and mounts? Thanks
Old 12-15-2017, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rvrslt1
What size are the nuts that hold on the shocks and mounts? Thanks
M3
rvrslt1 likes this.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Got a question for anyone who has had a little more time experimenting with the use of the rear braces. I notice a lot of the setups and even pics show guys running none or just the long one.

I ran mine with both and then ran with only the short and notice a nice difference in going over jumps and bumps with only the short brace. I haven't tried running just the long one though and that brings me to my actual question.

Why do people seem to run the long one and not the short one (if running any)? Is it you want flex but not that much?

Just going on what I know about general construction. The flex point (in the chassis) is at the end of the brace where it touches the chassis. The shorter the brace the more "unbraced" chassis is exposed between the points allowing more flex.

Clue me in please with what you know/think?
Old 12-15-2017, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

To me running just the long is the same as running them both. The smaller one in conjunction with the big one does almost nothing at that point, at least in my eyes.

Perhaps just to shed weight?

Correct me if I am wrong and please explain??
Old 12-15-2017, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Long only is definitely softer/flexier than long + short. I can tell a difference. Probably goes in order: both, long only, short only (stiff->flexy).
Old 12-16-2017, 01:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Does anyone have a review on the car with a slipper or the Exotek center on a clay indoor track using 13.5? Just want to know if it's worth the money.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So the stock kit comes with an 81 spur. The recommendations state for my type of track running a 13.5 motor to run 71/23 or 70/26. If I decide to stay with 81 spur....what pinion is recommended? Or should I just go 71/23? Whats the difference in performance when it comes to gear ratios? My track is large indoor clay with med/high traction.
Old 12-16-2017, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

you just have to do the math.

71/23=3.08
70/26=2.69 So if you wanted to use a 70 and get the close to the listed 71 you would actually want keep your pinion the same 70/23=3.04

What ratio are you going for?

81t equivalents would be;
81/27=3
81/30=2.7

Last edited by Tbuggy; 12-16-2017 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-16-2017, 06:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Gear chart posted here:
Tekno RC EB410 Thread
Old 12-16-2017, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

So some feed back on the raceform shock towers. I have had mine installed only for a couple runs so far haven't even crashed or hit anything yet and there is a crack right where the shock mount is!

I reached out to raceform and their email doesn't work. I bought them from Fiercesolutions I reached out to them as well and just waiting to hear back. I was just curious if they had any guarantee or anything?
Tekno RC EB410 Thread-img_2475.jpg

Maybe from being overtightened? And if thats the case thats pretty lame, I don't feel like I torque down on anything really.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.