R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Team Associated RC10B64 Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/968837-team-associated-rc10b64-thread.html)

kyle3333 05-04-2018 02:16 PM

Yes, I’m using the 92006 as well.

ray_munday 05-04-2018 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by kyle3333 (Post 15221954)
I installed the new steering rack and the recommended V2 steering arms. But now the ball cups rub against the inside of the front wheels. I'm running the kit setup as far as the caster block and bump steer washer. Is anyone else having this issue?

Can you post a pic?
Ray

jpcopeland1 05-04-2018 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 (Post 15221347)

This one: https://www.amainhobbies.com/ruddog-...p-0089/p538047

Works a treat. Should mention the top hole is 19mm, not twenty like the AE horn, doesn't seem to matter as it worked great, and the improvements to the steering are extremely noticeable. It was smoother all through the turn, and was not nearly as darty as before. AE comes through again (never thought I would use those words). They have stepped up their game big time. Now just get the parts suppport in order, and im golden.

jpcopeland1 05-04-2018 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by kyle3333 (Post 15221954)
I installed the new steering rack and the recommended V2 steering arms. But now the ball cups rub against the inside of the front wheels. I'm running the kit setup as far as the caster block and bump steer washer. Is anyone else having this issue?

No. Mine went together just fine. Granted it is close, and if you flat land jumps your rim is gonna warp possibly causing rubbing, but mine clear at full droop and full compression.

kyle3333 05-04-2018 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 (Post 15222059)
No. Mine went together just fine. Granted it is close, and if you flat land jumps your rim is gonna warp possibly causing rubbing, but mine clear at full droop and full compression.

And you are using the V2 steering arms (92034)?

Stealthpilot 05-07-2018 05:49 AM

Is anyone having issues with stripping spur gears? I've been running my B64D for a few months now, running a 6.5 Reedy motor. I've had no issues with it thus far, however yesterday while racing I stripped out a spur gear? No problem, maybe some dirt go in it or something, I figured it happens? Replaced the spur and after the very next run it stripped again?? I double checked the gear mesh and it was perfect and motor screws were still tight and the pinion gear did not appear to be bad/chewed up. Just wondering if others are having this issue? Thanks

joeld2llio 05-07-2018 09:00 AM

Yes in mod. It seems like it happens to me on a rough landing when the body flexes. I went with this and it has been great so far:

Exotek B64 Heavy Duty Spur Gear (81T)

Originally Posted by Stealthpilot (Post 15223317)
Is anyone having issues with stripping spur gears? I've been running my B64D for a few months now, running a 6.5 Reedy motor. I've had no issues with it thus far, however yesterday while racing I stripped out a spur gear? No problem, maybe some dirt go in it or something, I figured it happens? Replaced the spur and after the very next run it stripped again?? I double checked the gear mesh and it was perfect and motor screws were still tight and the pinion gear did not appear to be bad/chewed up. Just wondering if others are having this issue? Thanks

Wildcat1971 05-07-2018 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Stealthpilot (Post 15223317)

Did you try the exotek alum front center diff mount?

frankiebones 05-07-2018 09:36 AM

Just got a 64 and its louder than i thought it would be. I have a good gear mesh and the diffs were shimmed to what i thought was correct (2 and 5). Wondering if i have been out of the 4wd game too long and worrying like a school girl or if maybe my slipper isnt set right?

Stealthpilot 05-07-2018 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 (Post 15223435)
Did you try the exotek alum front center diff mount?

No, I have not. Much better after that and the Exotek spur gear?

jpcopeland1 05-07-2018 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by kyle3333 (Post 15222118)
And you are using the V2 steering arms (92034)?

Yes. And the carbopn steering arm that attaches to the steering post using the inner hole as suggested in the product literature.

Robbob 05-07-2018 12:08 PM

Anyone ever have a car snap roll exiting the corner when you grab the throttle?

On carpet I can throw the car into a corner hard, drive right up to the corner lift and coast right through with out snapping the car over. If I try grabbing the throttle to exit its like wham it just snaps over on the outside tire. Buddy of mine mentioned maybe thicker front diff oil, Im at 15k, thinking maybe it was diffing out and cause the outside tire to spin backwards. You can make the car snap around and over even from a dead stop with the front turned either way.

I went orange frt bar, blue rear bar, 6.1 red springs, 40wt with 1.6pistons .... tried kick up, no kick up, 1* frt camber, 3 different tire brands new and scrubs ..... rear of the car is pretty kit stock for oils and springs.

Never had a car snap roll when I throttle up on exit.
Thanks

donnie_p 05-07-2018 09:04 PM

Hello everyone!
I'm new to rc offroad and i recently bought a B64D and still in process to get a bette feel and understanding the car
For now i need to know several things
Stock setup suggest an anti dive in the front suspension
1. What does it do in terms of handling?
2. What are the effect if i change that setting to neutral? (zero / center pills on A and C blocks)
3. The original plastic servo horn seems to hold just fine. Should i opted for an aluminum one? Is it a must?

Thank you for sharing

youngrigo 05-08-2018 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Robbob (Post 15223557)
Anyone ever have a car snap roll exiting the corner when you grab the throttle?

On carpet I can throw the car into a corner hard, drive right up to the corner lift and coast right through with out snapping the car over. If I try grabbing the throttle to exit its like wham it just snaps over on the outside tire. Buddy of mine mentioned maybe thicker front diff oil, Im at 15k, thinking maybe it was diffing out and cause the outside tire to spin backwards. You can make the car snap around and over even from a dead stop with the front turned either way.

I went orange frt bar, blue rear bar, 6.1 red springs, 40wt with 1.6pistons .... tried kick up, no kick up, 1* frt camber, 3 different tire brands new and scrubs ..... rear of the car is pretty kit stock for oils and springs.

Never had a car snap roll when I throttle up on exit.
Thanks

My car does the same if i get on the throttle to hard on exit. I have to get on the throttle gradually to not snap roll... I would also like to get on the throttle hard coming out of the corner without rolling

Krio 05-08-2018 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by donnie_p (Post 15223843)
Hello everyone!
I'm new to rc offroad and i recently bought a B64D and still in process to get a bette feel and understanding the car
For now i need to know several things
Stock setup suggest an anti dive in the front suspension
1. What does it do in terms of handling?
2. What are the effect if i change that setting to neutral? (zero / center pills on A and C blocks)
3. The original plastic servo horn seems to hold just fine. Should i opted for an aluminum one? Is it a must?

Thank you for sharing

1. The car has built in pro dive/kickup, so running the pills low in the front and high in the rear mount reduces that angle a bit. Less kickup is used primarily on smoother, high grip tracks. The rougher it gets, the more kickup you want.
2. Going with center/center gives you more overall caster as well as effectively stiffening the front end. Better for bumper/uneven tracks.
3. I ran the plastic one for about 8 race days until it broke. I'd go aluminum as soon as you can afford it.