R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Team Associated RC10B64 Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/968837-team-associated-rc10b64-thread.html)

KCodd 04-20-2017 02:30 AM

It took me a few hours of running the car on my clubs track which is meant for 1/8 but I snapped the steering rack as well. I can't believe how this thing drives! This buggy as of now is my favorite RC I have. I've got a 7.5 in it with Dustin evens setup and am very happy with how it jumps, lands, corners, and accelerates.

Finalist 04-20-2017 10:31 AM

What a fantastic car overall after running it for a while. Durability has been outstanding (broke the steering rack while testing extreme shock set ups and the car slid into a wall hard - completely my fault). 13.5T is awesome. It's like 17.5 with cheat codes applied. Highly recommend the car and class for stock racers looking for a small step up in power but with video game cheat codes applied to traction and handling.

papogator24 04-20-2017 11:23 AM

Mine comes in on Tuesday. You guys are making me jealous. Looking forward to building the car. Should I get an aluminium steering rack?

Scott R 04-20-2017 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by papogator24 (Post 14905017)
Mine comes in on Tuesday. You guys are making me jealous. Looking forward to building the car. Should I get an aluminium steering rack?

Yup

tom73 04-20-2017 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Scott R (Post 14905030)
Yup

+1 I have had no issues with mine but the last thing I want to happen in one of the mains is to get knocked out over a broken part that is a common issue. I'd beat myself for knowing better.

tom73 04-20-2017 12:08 PM

What is the consensus on the longer rear tower and shock bodies? I'm running in the summer on an outdoor track. It is relatively smooth but certainly not as smooth as an indoor clay track.

Thanks

sgtlt 04-20-2017 12:38 PM

I never broke mine but got the alloy one just so I won't

StickyFingaz 04-20-2017 04:06 PM

Well, after a month of just looking at the box I spent last weekend finally building this beast. First race with it was last night, but could only muster up 4 packs through the car because I arrived on the later side... 1 pack in practice and then the two heats and main event. NorCal Hobbies is my local track - supposedly medium-high bite on soft clay.

Ran the first 3 packs with zero changes to stock settings. I did make my one sacrificial offering of a front A-arm to the rc gods (it was a bad wreck), but otherwise right out of the box the car felt pretty neutral. Car was super easy to drive, felt very stable... but also felt like a boat. Transitions were sluggish, could've used a little more steering in the tighter sections of the track. Traction was meh. Still managed to set TQ though. Car was ok, but not great.

Decided to stiffen up the car overall for the main just to see how it would feel. Went to Red front springs with Grays in the rear. Man, what a difference! Picked up damn near a half-second from that one change alone. TQ and a win on it's maiden voyage out.... definitely looking forward to making more changes and seeing just how fast we can make her!

I will say that it sucks how many other things I want to get for this car... the caster blocks alone are almost $50 a pop. That, plus the slipper diff, long rear shocks, long rear towers.... gahhhhh TAKE MY MONEYYYYYY

Here she is chaste, untouched, virgin. Flawless before I asked her to do literal, dirty things for me:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...psrmstegum.jpg

Thrifty 04-20-2017 06:33 PM

2nd time out with it and it's pretty much dialed..

Is it a wheeler thing that chassis slaps are so common?... I'm going to be experimenting with thicker oils till I can get it to stop so often...

Thrifty 04-20-2017 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by StickyFingaz (Post 14905249)
Transitions were sluggish, could've used a little more steering in the tighter sections of the track. Traction was meh.

Get rid of the front sway bar and lengthen your front camber arm..

tsair 04-20-2017 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Thrifty (Post 14905362)
2nd time out with it and it's pretty much dialed..

Is it a wheeler thing that chassis slaps are so common?... I'm going to be experimenting with thicker oils till I can get it to stop so often...

I'm running 20-21mm ride height because 19 slaps so dang much.

jonski 04-20-2017 07:31 PM

Running 10/200/10 on high-med traction clay indoor track. The buggy feels pretty dang good, but also a bit darty for me. Would dropping the rear oil help with that? Thanks

Thrifty 04-20-2017 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by jonski (Post 14905401)
Running 10/200/10 on high-med traction clay indoor track. The buggy feels pretty dang good, but also a bit darty for me. Would dropping the rear oil help with that? Thanks

Darty?

slodsm 04-20-2017 09:33 PM

Looks like both my local tracks are bringing back 4wd thanks the the popularity of this and the new X-ray so I'll be grabbing a b64 this weekend to build while I'm away at work. I am thinking I'll start off easy and run a v3.1 and a 10.5t gen 2 hobbywing setup. Never ran 10th scale 4wd before so I am not jumping straight into the 6.5's til I learn to drive it cleanly. Plus I already have that motor and esc laying around so why not.

Excited to say the least, always wanted to give these a shot but it's never been a consistent class anywhere I've lived.

QDRHRSE 04-20-2017 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Thrifty (Post 14905407)
Darty?

If you go up a step or two on the front springs and make the front camber link longer it will help. I know exactly what you mean by "darty". I call it twitchy.