Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree710Likes

Team Associated RC10B64 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-01-2017, 03:20 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10B64 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B64 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Petit RC Page

B64D Manual

Aftermarket Upgrades

Welcome to the B64 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Petit RC Page

B64D Manual

Aftermarket Upgrades

Aftermarket parts

Helpful Tips and Videos

How to properly Shim the B64 Diffs

B64 Club Racer video

Helpful Tips and Videos

How to properly Shim the B64 Diffs

B64 Club Racer video

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 380 (99%+)

Anyone running the Reedy 13.5? If so, are you running the 1s or 2s version. I run on a 125x65 indoor track. Thanks
Old 03-26-2017, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
For someone who is not a hack 8 seems a little higher than most are experiencing. what surface is that on? I have broken 2 arms. Most of the people I know running the car have broken one or two arms. We have just gotten the hard arms in stock and a couple guys are trying that option. I am buying a set so I have one of each on hand if I need them.
I know this sounds crazy but I really feel like the hard arms are stronger and they don't wear as fast.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turtle Speed
Ok, on a completely different note! What is the overall experience with the front arms on this wheeler! Out in my neck of the woods in NJ, the arms seem to be very fragile. I know of one person that has broken probably 8 front arms already and he is far from a hack and one of the fastest and best drivers at our track. If this has been mentioned already please tell me what the responses were about it or refer me to the page number to read myself. I have the car and love it but not pushing it as hard as I can due to arm worries!
I have 20ish packs through my car without any breakage. Sounds like the fastest guys at your local track wouldn't even make the a main at my local track
Finalist likes this.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:22 PM
TAW
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by suby723
I'm finally going to give my input on the b64. Coming from a xb4 16 I can absolutely say without a doubt that this car is just as good if not better. I don't understand how people on here can bitch and complain about it. I question your setup skills or lack of them. This car is dialed with a good setup. Don't expect a setupsheet to work exactly for your track! You won't find a golden setup sheet that will work on all tracks. As far as durability goes I'm finishing up a two day race with 6 full heats of wheelers. I have only seen one front arm break. For the people on the fence about this kit I fully encourage to pick up this car and try it out. The build went great and on the track the car is flawless.
Yeah I have to agree, suby and I were at the same race. Friday night practice and 3 round of qualifying Saturday. Last chance qual and mains were today. My son and I beat the crap out of ours and not one broken part. We had 57 entries in 4wd mod buggy this weekend and a very large portion of those were B64's. I know of the one broken arm and that's it.

We worked on the setup a little on Friday and with just a few minor changes we got them dialed.

Very pleased with this car. My XB4 will be for sale soon
suby723 likes this.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

My car has been a tank. Not 1 broken part and that is with letting drivers of less experience than myself try it. I love mine. I tq'ed and won all of my races with it so far
suby723 likes this.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Breaking parts and crashing cars does not determine driver skill. I have seen the best of the best misjudge a corner or jump or whatever, so all you keyboard warriors need to get off your high horses.

If your car has not broken, good for you. Maybe it's luck, maybe its something else, but stop insinuating that people that are breaking parts are bad drivers.

I have broken 2 front arms and cracked a rear, yet 2 weeks ago I TQ'd over Jeff Cuffs in 13.5 and finished 3rd behind him. So driver skill doesn't mean anything.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I think it's temp honestly. It's still pretty cold everywhere unless your far south. Plastic that's 40 degrees is much more likely to break than plastic at 70 degrees
1/4milecrazy and ZEe_NYC like this.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Breaking parts and crashing cars does not determine driver skill. I have seen the best of the best misjudge a corner or jump or whatever, so all you keyboard warriors need to get off your high horses.

If your car has not broken, good for you. Maybe it's luck, maybe its something else, but stop insinuating that people that are breaking parts are bad drivers.

I have broken 2 front arms and cracked a rear, yet 2 weeks ago I TQ'd over Jeff Cuffs in 13.5 and finished 3rd behind him. So driver skill doesn't mean anything.
Parts will break when pushing the car forsure.. this car is extremely durable especially comparing it to the b44!
Old 03-26-2017, 09:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

When you clip the drivers' stand with the front arm, you're gonna have a bad time.
Jason B and ZEe_NYC like this.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by suby723
Parts will break when pushing the car forsure.. this car is extremely durable especially comparing it to the b44!
I am not too sure about that. I would say about the same as the B44 arms. Maybe Skeeter is right, may be a temp issue. I will say this, there is a pattern in the breaking. Every broken arm I have seen has broken in the same spot. Either this way / or that way \ across the surface of the arms but there is always one point on the arm that has been consistent.

I know AE is behind us/the scenes working on setting this straight. The arms and the gearboxes will be improved and the level of durability and quality we all expected will be here soon.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:11 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Temperature can play a role for sure. I wouldn't be so quick to get pissed because some people aren't having the issues you are. Down here in FL, the cars aren't breaking much on the outdoor tracks. May be traction level being that there is no slip after hitting a pipe on higher bite indoor tracks, or difference in temperature but relax, we aren't lying buddy. No issues for me and I have let drivers who aren't as controlled as me drive mine and cartwheel it after missing the landing a double with no breakage. I'm not making it up. No need to.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Parts will always break depending on a lot of different conditions. I race in NJ and several of us have yet to break any parts and we run on a Astro Turf track. Couple of other guys have broke arms but not everyone. AE will get this sorted soon.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

I am not too sure about that. I would say about the same as the B44 arms. Maybe Skeeter is right, may be a temp issue. I will say this, there is a pattern in the breaking. Every broken arm I have seen has broken in the same spot. Either this way / or that way \ across the surface of the arms but there is always one point on the arm that has been consistent.

I know AE is behind us/the scenes working on setting this straight. The arms and the gearboxes will be improved and the level of durability and quality we all expected will be here soon.
Your way wrong on that man.. the b44 front arms would break if you looked at them cross eyed! I've taken some hits with this car and I thought the car broke forsure and it just kept going. The arms are significantly stronger compared to the b44.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

How about some of you guys that are tqing and winning post your setups on here? Thanks
Old 03-27-2017, 07:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

I broke my first front arm on Saturday @DRP. I probably have 22 packs through the car now, and have completely smoked my first set of tires. (Schumacher cut stagger yellows, and Pin Downs---front are almost bald) What was sweet was it took me like 3 minutes to change the arm.

When my arm broke, it was b/c I sent it off the track on the back stretch and it landed on one of wooden structures that holds the tracks edging. Nose down and slightly whipped to the left. Totally my fault.

I've kissed the coping, I've grazed the wall, I've tangled with other vehicles. Is it as robust as my b6? No. But it's also significantly heavier. No complaints.

B6 1528 grams
B64 1695 grams

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.