Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree32Likes

HB Racing E817

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 09:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So i managed to overheat my motor today(XR8 SCB 1900kv). Going down to a 20 tooth pinion.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRiN
By going to 5 degrees anti-squat, did you also change the roll center? Higher roll center perhaps? I'm wondering what you're feeling is the roll center change though also in part the anti-squat.
Agreed. The effect he liked was most likely due to a higher roll center as a by product of that much a/s and that much a/s stiffening the rear under acceleration.
Originally Posted by brokenmoto
On answerrc they have a new b-block +1.4 and a +2.8 any idea what this will do? 1.4? Taller? Puzzled.
It sounds like it's the equivalent of changing pill height in the b block which is what the b block in the TKI4 did. It is a higher front roll center.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Hi all,

I have damaged one of the steering ball cups - the straight part... in the manual it says it's hbc8100 but this is discontinued and not available. Anyone know which part number should be used?
Old 02-11-2017, 08:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveG28
Hi all,

I have damaged one of the steering ball cups - the straight part... in the manual it says it's hbc8100 but this is discontinued and not available. Anyone know which part number should be used?
HPI101086

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hpi-rac...101086/p298982

Old 02-17-2017, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I did some more testing yesterday and made some great progress. It is almost perfect now!

I went with the 1 up / 2 down pill combination in the C/D blocks. I also shortened the rear link one hole at the hub and raised it up one on the tower. I changed the diff fluids to 7/5/3 (Mugen).

I am now able to use full throttle without any worries of it breaking loose and have a ton of steering.

I will work on shocks next.

I did notice that the front & rear CVD pins (diff side) are starting to show signs of wear with flat spots. Are HB's known to wear quickly? I have around 10 packs on it. I guess i'll put some MBX7R uni's on.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

in my opinion yes that is my only gripe with HB is wear
Old 02-17-2017, 11:46 AM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

For the center driveline of this car, it is the pins that tend to wear and not the outdrives. Buy some Mugen pins and a good pin replacement tool and replace as needed. I personally love the Hudy pin replacement tool.

For other cars, it is the outdrives that wear out more than the pin.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Anyone in the US know where to get part 204022 servo mount? I somehow managed to break mine and can not find parts in stock.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Answer-rc.com. they are in Europe, but ship worldwide. Amain and Tower are really dropping the ball as far as keeping parts stocked. HB Racing has them in stock, so i don't know why Amain and Tower wouldn't have them.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SEF
For the center driveline of this car, it is the pins that tend to wear and not the outdrives. Buy some Mugen pins and a good pin replacement tool and replace as needed. I personally love the Hudy pin replacement tool.

For other cars, it is the outdrives that wear out more than the pin.
SEF turned me on to this tool. It's pricey, but it's the right tool for the job on this car because the pins are really tight. Once you try to replace pins the hard way (any other method or tool) and then you use the Hudy tool there is a certain amount of pleasurable satisfaction. Any thought of, "I can't believe i spent that much on a tool to replace some pins" turns into, "OMG this tool works good!"
Old 02-19-2017, 05:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by jpas
I did some more testing yesterday and made some great progress. It is almost perfect now!

I went with the 1 up / 2 down pill combination in the C/D blocks. I also shortened the rear link one hole at the hub and raised it up one on the tower. I changed the diff fluids to 7/5/3 (Mugen).

I am now able to use full throttle without any worries of it breaking loose and have a ton of steering.

I will work on shocks next.

I did notice that the front & rear CVD pins (diff side) are starting to show signs of wear with flat spots. Are HB's known to wear quickly? I have around 10 packs on it. I guess i'll put some MBX7R uni's on.
Good to hear you've found a setup that works with some trial and error

On a high bite track, wear will naturally be higher and as a maintenance item, pins are much cheaper to replace than entire drive shafts or axles... though you may need to invest in a pin tool.

As for the Mugen uni's, you'll may be able to replace the drive pins once or twice before the joint itself becomes super sloppy. Sure it may be almost maintenance free, but the trade off will be replacing the entire part when the time comes. YMMV.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by My ST-RR EVO
SEF turned me on to this tool. It's pricey, but it's the right tool for the job on this car because the pins are really tight. Once you try to replace pins the hard way (any other method or tool) and then you use the Hudy tool there is a certain amount of pleasurable satisfaction. Any thought of, "I can't believe i spent that much on a tool to replace some pins" turns into, "OMG this tool works good!"
sorry for off topic. Interested buggy for sure

about the pin replacement tool, If you don't want to pay the Hudy price. The chain removal tool do the job and A Lot cheaper.

HERE are the complete tutorial using slightly different tool
Old 02-20-2017, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

HB Racing's pins are way tighter than other companies and a normal screw type press can't deal with pressing them out. I would be surprised if that chain breaker can do it on this car. *and to be honest, I'm basing my statement on the D815's center shafts. The E817 center shafts could be less tight as i really don't know since i haven't tried to replace it's center shaft pins.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default 92mm drive shafts

Anybody know if there is some stronger 92mm front drive shafts out there to buy. Mine are looking slightly bent at the front so thought id upgrade while I'm replacing them.
Thanks
Old 02-20-2017, 12:56 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mav_64
Anybody know if there is some stronger 92mm front drive shafts out there to buy. Mine are looking slightly bent at the front so thought id upgrade while I'm replacing them.
Thanks
Do you still want to use CVDs? Many have gone to universals. Mugen MBX7 front universals work in front, and HB is coming out with some of their own for the front and rear.

I haven't tried them, but maybe someone has tried Mugen CVDs on this car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.