Search
Like Tree187Likes

TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 09:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thunder Trail
That is not the correct way to do it on this truck. Suspension holders are bolted to gear box. Gear box is bolted to chassis. Proper way to adjust anti-squat is changing the inserts as shown in the 2.0 tuning manual.

http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...uning_Tips.pdf
I did mention the proper way, but suggested a quicker way for Race hacks.

We have been putting washers under gearboxes for a long time in buggy and trucks and its safe. Its to also raise the CG of the rear in low grip (opposite to the laid down gearboxes due to the insanely high traction tracks typical nowadays)
Old 06-22-2017, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

This is what I read: "Only takes a couple of washers under the rear arm mounts". But it doesn't matter.

I understand the concept is the same, but washers under the gear box is not a good idea for this design. This platform gets strength from the box/bulkhead being keyed into the chassis and sitting flat on the chassis allowing no movement. Additional strength comes from the suspension holders being keyed into the chassis. Washers under the box would greatly reduce it's strength and allow flex that would eventually pull the threads out.

My point is that there is no reason to take a short cut on this adjustment and cause new problems. Do it the right way and don't look back. JMHO
Old 07-08-2017, 01:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys, can anyone measure the SHIM size in the TLR332001 kit?
Old 07-09-2017, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by krits
Hey guys, can anyone measure the SHIM size in the TLR332001 kit?
Forget those shims and buy something better.

Part number is 964050

Xray Diff Washers

5x15x0.3mm

10Pcs

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...oof-diffs.html
Old 07-09-2017, 08:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Frank
Although this seems to be a great kit, my 2.0 has King Headz Center diffs, and MIP center shafts. I like the 2.0 shocks as well. Can I use the 3.0 chassis and just bolt on the mentioned items? Basically take everything off my 2.0 and use the 3.0 chassis for the diff angle.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

You can use those on the 3.0. I would recommend trying the 3.0 dog bones. I never felt the kings head center diff mounts ever did anything but add weight IMO. Never had an issue since the beginning with the stock mounts even with people complaining about diff movement. Regardless those will work with the 3.0 if you so choose to use them.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi 3.0 owners. I am really struggling to get success with this truck when compared to my success with the 2.0. I think I am having a hard time adjusting to the 22 shocks. I recently rebuilt them with 40 front, 35 rear, using purple springs front and silver springs in the rear. I run on rough dirt with low traction for the most part. I am really having a hard time keeping the rear planted, and I am also spinning my wheels a lot coming out of corners and hitting the straight.

I was thinking of going down to blacks front, and orange rear, and changing my oil to 32.5/27.5. I am wondering if someone could comment on these changes or add some input on what they did to fix this issue.

Thanks,
Old 07-10-2017, 09:39 AM
Tech Prophet

You should be able to run a similar setup oil and piston wise as the old shocks if that package worked better for you. May need to drill some pistons to match what you might have had in the older shocks. The volume of the 22 style shocks should be the same and piston is the same diameter. The 22 style shocks are smoother and seal better is the benefit as well as having options to a much larger array of springs.
Old 07-10-2017, 01:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Washout
Hi 3.0 owners. I am really struggling to get success with this truck when compared to my success with the 2.0. I think I am having a hard time adjusting to the 22 shocks. I recently rebuilt them with 40 front, 35 rear, using purple springs front and silver springs in the rear. I run on rough dirt with low traction for the most part. I am really having a hard time keeping the rear planted, and I am also spinning my wheels a lot coming out of corners and hitting the straight.

I was thinking of going down to blacks front, and orange rear, and changing my oil to 32.5/27.5. I am wondering if someone could comment on these changes or add some input on what they did to fix this issue.

Thanks,
I think your right on target with your thinking
Old 07-10-2017, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

+1 on rear spring rate and oil change. However, need better springs than what I have seen from the 22 stock pile. That has been the weak link of the shocks on this truck for me. AE grey truck springs are better with some rub. Kyosho springs are proven. 2.0 tuning springs have proven the ticket for me. You just need to find a way to make them fit. Lot of info about springs in this thread, so search it out and read it all.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
You can use those on the 3.0. I would recommend trying the 3.0 dog bones. I never felt the kings head center diff mounts ever did anything but add weight IMO. Never had an issue since the beginning with the stock mounts even with people complaining about diff movement. Regardless those will work with the 3.0 if you so choose to use them.
Thanks Casper
The extra weight is not an issue for me since I run mostly outdoors and feel I am still a little light.
I will try the 3.0 dog bones.
Would you happen to know where I can get several in a pkg of the 2.0 shock o-rings? The LOSI parts pack only give you 2 with a bunch of non needed items IMO and those are becoming harder to find.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

How much of a difference is there between a SCTE 3.0 and the Losi TEN SCBE? Isn't the platform and 99.99% of the components the same. Excluding the roll cage mind you.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:51 PM
ASA
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Fader12
Thanks Casper
The extra weight is not an issue for me since I run mostly outdoors and feel I am still a little light.
Would you happen to know where I can get several in a pkg of the 2.0 shock o-rings? The LOSI parts pack only give you 2 with a bunch of non needed items IMO and those are becoming harder to find.
+1 on the shock o-rings....I too would like to know if there is another fitment(eg: 22 o-rings?) so I dont have to buy a kit with parts that are not required most of the time you freshen up the shocks
Old 07-10-2017, 08:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Fader12
Thanks Casper
I am not aware of another way to get the o-rings that are specific to this car. I am also not aware of others who found a good substitution. Sorry

Originally Posted by 67StingrayJ
How much of a difference is there between a SCTE 3.0 and the Losi TEN SCBE? Isn't the platform and 99.99% of the components the same. Excluding the roll cage mind you.
The 3.0 has better components with it. The SCBE is an RTR things like the towers, chassis and some other stuff are not the same as the race kit. Suspension and basic layout all are the same. I would have to check but I doubt the SCBE allow the angled diff either. SCBE has TEN shocks not 22 style as well. Stuff like that.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Thunder Trail
+1 on rear spring rate and oil change. However, need better springs than what I have seen from the 22 stock pile. That has been the weak link of the shocks on this truck for me. AE grey truck springs are better with some rub. Kyosho springs are proven. 2.0 tuning springs have proven the ticket for me. You just need to find a way to make them fit. Lot of info about springs in this thread, so search it out and read it all.
Thanks for the info. I actually did find the AE front and rear tuning spring kits in stock at my LHS, i will try these out my next race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.