Wiki Posts
Search

Any Word on a New AE 4WD buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 11:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Finalist
Based on what we've seen do you guys think this car will be lighter than the b44.3?
It should be based on the narrow chassis and plastic sides compared to the 44.3s enormously wide chassis
Old 11-22-2016, 04:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Man, some great convo going on with legit knowledge/backing up of facts. Unfortunately after ready from all those that only like to poke but can barely tie there own shoes it's comical. Top that with the rest of the parrots that have been trained to squawk from those others and it starts to feel like you're arguing with a 6 yr old on why they have to wake up and go to school. No matter what facts you present they'll still cry "I still don't want to go!".

So if they are getting rid of the rear bulkhead, does that mean the only way to mess with roll center if need be is with the c & d blocks?
Old 11-22-2016, 05:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Maxxingout

So if they are getting rid of the rear bulkhead, does that mean the only way to mess with roll center if need be is with the c & d blocks?
I dunno, I was wondering the same thing, I zoomed in on the rear camber links closest to the diff, and I dont see any adjustments on that side. Hubs yes, but not there.

Now I've got to imagine with all the tuning everybody does, that this adjustment wouldn't be omitted. So that makes me wonder how it will be done.
Thoughts?

Old 11-22-2016, 05:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

The new 4wd buggy from AE might be just what I was waiting for to get back into this class.
Old 11-22-2016, 06:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigChris in PA
I dunno, I was wondering the same thing, I zoomed in on the rear camber links closest to the diff, and I dont see any adjustments on that side. Hubs yes, but not there.

Now I've got to imagine with all the tuning everybody does, that this adjustment wouldn't be omitted. So that makes me wonder how it will be done.
Thoughts?

Possibly putting spacers under the gearbox could help fine tune the Roll Center. Yokomo guys have been doing that for a while
Old 11-22-2016, 06:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Scott R
Possibly putting spacers under the gearbox could help fine tune the Roll Center. Yokomo guys have been doing that for a while

I thought I could see vertical holes on the rear tower just barely poking out behind the ball cups. It looks like there are three holes with the proto set to the middle.
Old 11-22-2016, 06:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Finalist
I thought I could see vertical holes on the rear tower just barely poking out behind the ball cups. It looks like there are three holes with the proto set to the middle.
Yeah Im not seeing that, not saying your wrong, just I dont see them.
Old 11-22-2016, 06:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well I guess you can still change inside roll center if the towers have multi holes to choose from.
Old 11-22-2016, 06:28 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

my impression at least is that the tower most likely has the holes on it as from the way the tower is formed, it would be odd to have all that overhang of material for just 1 set of holes.

Curious, which way have people found to be preferred, going with the bulkhead style or the tower style?
Old 11-22-2016, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
my impression at least is that the tower most likely has the holes on it as from the way the tower is formed, it would be odd to have all that overhang of material for just 1 set of holes.

Curious, which way have people found to be preferred, going with the bulkhead style or the tower style?
a Company could always make an attachable bulkhead so you could have your preferred style of adjustment.

sort of like Pro Line did with their B5 Towers
Attached Thumbnails Any Word on a New AE 4WD buggy?-pro-line-carbon-fiber-wide-front-tower-associated-b5-2.jpg  
Old 11-22-2016, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I believe almost all 1/8 buggies are the adjustment on the tower. Only reason I can think of is durability. I would sure think that having it bolted through the tower would be stronger than an exposed ballstud threaded into a bulkhead, especially if they used plastic for the bulkhead material.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I believe there are three holes, thus there almost impossible to see.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

+1 . They also use from what I recall 1/8 style looking wheel mounting setup just with 14mm hexes.
+1 Cain as u are correct on the 14mm hexes thus designed with the 8th scale style
Old 11-22-2016, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott R
One thing is CLEAR - it's a CLEAR improvement.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You guys are kill'n me talk'n about how you can adjust the rear roll center. Have you never seen the rc8b3 or just about any on-road car? As others have said, they surely just have a bunch of overlapping "half hole or less" adjustments all stacked up. You can do that when it's not plastic and you're bolted down. Those big b5 ball cups are surely hiding them.
Attached Thumbnails Any Word on a New AE 4WD buggy?-81029_lg.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.