Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Cactus Classic

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 10:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

as a web viewing audience member, i thought the event had a lot of great bylines:
*the return of kinwald! - sct tq/2nd (ok, i know he never went anywhere, but nice to see the name back at the top)
*young'ins recent electric domination - 2w worlds, reedy, 2w/4w cactus
*2w laydown transmission - the future?

it is unfortunate that some thread commenters seem compelled to only focus on negative aspects; to the degree they counterpoint any positive comments.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gee-dub
as a web viewing audience member, i thought the event had a lot of great bylines:
*the return of kinwald! - sct tq/2nd (ok, i know he never went anywhere, but nice to see the name back at the top)
*young'ins recent electric domination - 2w worlds, reedy, 2w/4w cactus
*2w laydown transmission - the future?

it is unfortunate that some thread commenters seem compelled to only focus on negative aspects; to the degree they counterpoint any positive comments.
Even though I have yet to make the Cactus and with all the negative its still on my bucket list to go at least once.

Yes there are some great stories coming out of this race every year, but I believe the point is the owner fails to listen to his customer. This is what kills a race track. I have seen it too many times. Good owners/managers listen to their racers and adjust. Recently a local track had a very poor section of the track that everyone was in the blind and it caused wrecks on almost every lap. The racers demanded it be changed, when it wasn't the racers boycotted. Attendance went from 80-100 racers to 20! The owner made a small change to that portion of the track and the next week there were 78 racers and everyone is happy again.

But I can see where the owner of SMS refuses to listen and is only hurting his business and the prestige of a classic race of 30 years.