TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree26Likes

TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-23-2016, 10:37 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Matt Trimmings
Cub86 posted the question: Hi. I'm struggling to understand the lay down situation. I run on high bite damp smooth clay and think the conversation would help on my surface but from what I'm reading I need to buy the lay down kit tlr338004. And the dirt gear case tlr332063. But do I really need both from what I've read the dirt case is 1-2mm higher anyway and u don't use the +3mm hubs or the front pivot hrc or Hrc mod. So is the dirt lay down kit tlr332063 is all that's needed to get me a lay down set up that's suited for clay With the components and car I already have. And if I only get the dirt case is there any problems that will need to be addressed IE.. bone plunge . I do know I'll need 1mm spacers on the waterfall to clear the battery. Thanks guys really trying to get my head around this.

Franks response:
Laydown Conversion will work great by itself. You run the aluminum +3mm hubs, the diff is +3.5mm, and you run the HRC front setup. Just follow a setup sheet from tlracing.com (Frank Root).

Dirt Tranny has the diff at the same height as the standard tranny case, and works with the standard plastic hubs. Both are +/- 0mm from stock. When you run this, no need to run the HRC front mod either.

I've found the stock laydown conversion parts to work great for most tracks. The dirt tranny is a great tuning option, but definitely not 'required'.

K.King
Something I made, pretty basic. Just to give people an idea.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 02:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HBRob
What a great layout!
Trackside is awesome.
Your so lucky.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamie Hanson
Looking at a recent photo of RM's car, it appeared he was running the Aluminum front camber plate.
he was. he broke the plastic one in practice. He ran the aluminum camber block the rest of the weekend.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jpdanger
His setup sheet lists Kyosho springs, but the Redrc.net Chassis Focus pictures show him using red and yellow springs.
some pictures were taken early in the weekend. some later.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:20 AM
Tech Adept

Posting these for a friend.

Old 12-11-2015, 06:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by roadblock

What length sensor wire did you use?
Old 12-11-2015, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

It looks to be 175mm i tried a 150mm one and it was pretty tight so i opted for the longer one
Old 12-11-2015, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by gangstafish
You have to turn or adjust your epa for steering.
Very cool that you could tell how badly it was pushing just from those clips! My endpoints are actually hitting full lock on both sides, the push was coming mostly from a hasty setup -- I didn't have a pair of front slicks (new track conditions meant everyone else was running them all around), and I also set my rear ride height lower than the front just from 2.0 habit (23R/24F) and had the battery all the way back against the transmission (again, silly when my rear grip was super high).

Moving battery forward, getting front slicks, running 23/23 on ride height, going 1 spring softer in the rear (from kit Yellows to Whites, still need to get some KYO golds for the front) and switching my front shock to the inside of the arm all helped. I know I still have a lot to learn about setup and tuning but I'm getting there
Old 12-11-2015, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by oPAULo
What a great layout!
Trackside is awesome.
Your so lucky.
Trackside is indeed awesome! Every time the layout changes I feel like I need to learn to drive all over again, there's always a new challenge or an interesting take on a classic obstacle. If you ask around, there's always someone willing to help and answer noob questions too.

I race Drones in the summer, and just got into Cars last winter -- visiting Trackside just once I went from "well, maybe this is at least something to do in the winter when I can't fly" to "this is awesome in its own right, and I wish we had a Drone racing facility that was this great!" The Drone crowd could learn a lot about how to set up a layout and run a race from the Car guys...

Of course they also carry just about every TLR part you can imagine, so that's a huge perk too!
Old 12-11-2015, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadblock

where did you get the wires covers, looks really cool
Old 12-11-2015, 09:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thank you , I used a 175mm sensor wire and the wire sheathing came from Parts Express. Sorry , the pics of the car above are mine, I couldn't get them to upload to the site myself so my friend did it for me.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Medicinal Coma
I used a 175mm sensor wire and the wire sheathing came from Parts Express. Sorry , the pics of the car above are mine, I couldn't get them to upload to the site myself so my friend did it for me.
I like the blue anodized body clips and nuts all around too -- were you able to buy them as a full set for the car?
Old 12-11-2015, 09:43 AM
Tech Adept

This may have been answered and I possibly missed it, but what brand Ti screw kit are you guys using? And is it for the 2.0 kit that you guys are using on this buggy?
Old 12-11-2015, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FPMX772
This may have been answered and I possibly missed it, but what brand Ti screw kit are you guys using? And is it for the 2.0 kit that you guys are using on this buggy?
If you want the best, Lunsford offer's a full Ti kit for the 22 3.0 car already.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b1narych0ice
Very cool that you could tell how badly it was pushing just from those clips! My endpoints are actually hitting full lock on both sides, the push was coming mostly from a hasty setup -- I didn't have a pair of front slicks (new track conditions meant everyone else was running them all around), and I also set my rear ride height lower than the front just from 2.0 habit (23R/24F) and had the battery all the way back against the transmission (again, silly when my rear grip was super high).

Moving battery forward, getting front slicks, running 23/23 on ride height, going 1 spring softer in the rear (from kit Yellows to Whites, still need to get some KYO golds for the front) and switching my front shock to the inside of the arm all helped. I know I still have a lot to learn about setup and tuning but I'm getting there
Just keep on turning laps and try the set up I was running. I'll let you know if I change anymore. You can drive my car next time but I'm sure you will want a different radio after that.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The blue spacers and nuts came from TQRacing and all the Ti screws I used were Lunsford. And the body clips are from Core

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.