R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Xray XB2 2WD Buggy Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/896275-xray-xb2-2wd-buggy-thread.html)

Socket 03-27-2016 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by fast-ho-cars (Post 14466181)
seeing the track online only, it looks like hi-bite clay similar or better than SRS.
imo, CE would be way to go. if you race at loose to medium outdoor tracks more than indoor ....DE

Recommending a laydown car for OCRC is a bold move. You sure that's a good choice?

Personally? I'd run the dirt car there...But you asked the internet, and you'll get an answer that's worth what you paid; nothing.

WillS 03-27-2016 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by fast-ho-cars (Post 14466181)
seeing the track online only, it looks like hi-bite clay similar or better than SRS.
imo, CE would be way to go. if you race at loose to medium outdoor tracks more than indoor ....DE

OCRC is far from high bite clay or even comparing it to SRS. The yokomo team drivers were using their dirt version there.

13Maschine 03-27-2016 07:29 PM

OCRC is medium traction clay typically and to this point you don't see fast guys on slicks.

JAE 03-27-2016 07:44 PM

Re: Indoor clay

I do see a few CE's always selling. Wonder why?

13Maschine 03-27-2016 08:07 PM

Lots of other tracks around SoCal are high bite clay. SCVRC is one. Primes are dope there.

lagcisco 03-27-2016 09:31 PM

My CE was garbage at ocrc. I used a ball diff. My CE was worlds better at LRH and SCVRC.

I have a DE waiting to be built. So far I've yet to meet another xb2 owner in SoCal.

13Maschine 03-27-2016 09:55 PM

Take this with a grain of salt, as I have just finished building my XB2 Carpet. I purchased it because I wanted to race on the carpet track in vegas. Secondly, I know the XB2 platform can be converted to DE spec. I purchased a ball diff so I can switch, and I'd probably grab a "stand up" style transmission case too. I don't mind purchasing the extra parts so I have a range of parts in between the CE and DE version. I like the idea of a platform, in which you have a full range of overall stiffness and hardness for the car. With the range of composites from medium to hard and CF, you can tune for any track condition.

As I mentioned I bought this car to run on a carpet off road track, I am moving to Costa Mesa on friday so I expect to be part of the OCRCArmy soon. So I will be running my CE here after Vegas. I will probably start by going to a stand up transmission and medium parts. CE comes with medium parts and hard. I will also switch to the ball diff. I've run gear diffs at OCRC before on other cars like the Durango and the ball diff was always better.

13Maschine 03-27-2016 09:56 PM

Owner of SCVRC is an XRAY guy. BTW. Eric. Solid dude :)

QDRHRSE 03-27-2016 10:07 PM

I don't race away from home much anymore but I'm in SoCal and I have xb2 2016s and 2 xb4 2016s. I'm trying to get the xb2s sorted out but the xb4s are pretty dialed. It's not easy to be the only one at the track with an xb2 but it'll be well worth it if I can get them figured out.

Woulvesbaine 03-27-2016 11:40 PM

There's a guy running an xb2 ce at OCRC and I'm pretty sure he's looking to convert it to de. See if you can find him and talk to him before you buy the car.

He wears an Amain hat. Just ask around, or ask Nick Black at the counter. People will help you find him. Talk to him about what he thinks. He has his ce really nicely dialed for OCRC, but I thought he told me that he was going to try the de gearbox.

STLNLST 03-28-2016 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by gticlay (Post 14464676)
Any idea if they were close to stock setup or ?

Not too sure on complete setup. I do know that one of the cars were using the stock pistons provided in the kit.

symmetricon 03-28-2016 05:39 AM

I have both the CE and DE and vastly prefer the DE on clay... that said, my buddy still runs a CE and i decided to try some springs on his car. I put gold kyosho front on and pink kyosho rears on and the car was much much better than it was with stock springs.

raved007 03-28-2016 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by symmetricon (Post 14466797)
I have both the CE and DE and vastly prefer the DE on clay... that said, my buddy still runs a CE and i decided to try some springs on his car. I put gold kyosho front on and pink kyosho rears on and the car was much much better than it was with stock springs.

Are they same size kyosho spring with changing spring retainer? I thought the kyosho spring is bigger than xray.

jake alton 03-28-2016 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by raved007 (Post 14466864)
Are they same size kyosho spring with changing spring retainer? I thought the kyosho spring is bigger than xray.

I used kyosho gold all around. With xray bottom spring cups. No problems. The springs felt similar to stock.

13Maschine 03-28-2016 07:55 AM

Hey All, I searched but didn't find much in the way of answers on Alum Servo Arms? What is everyone using? I prefer the clamping if possible so I'm thinking this unit should be perfect:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...819-bk/p292307

Seems to be exactly the same length as the stock plastic and very similar in shape.