Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree22Likes

Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MattDub
Welcome to the EB48.3 Wiki

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Springs:
Low Grip Track:
TKR8772 – Yellow Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8762 – Grey Low Frequency Front Springs

Low to Medium Grip Track:
TKR8773 – Orange Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8763 – Black Low Frequency Front Springs

Medium to High Grip Track:
TKR8774 - Red Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8764 - Pink Low Frequency Front Springs

TKR5199B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, EB/NB/ET/NT48/48.3) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Able to be on power earlier on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that I recommend you keep on hand:
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR6061T – Rear Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating and TKR6017T – Front Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating
TKR5286 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5184 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5194 – Spindle Carriers
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Page 3 Step K-3
Put the screw in upside down so that the head of the screw is in the hex spot that's molded into the spindle. This will aid in clearance in full droop / full steering.

Page 12 Step I-2
Use no less than 4 shims on the steering spindle to limit steering throw. I actually just use one 2mm ball stud washer from my 10th scale stuff since each shim is .5mm.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

wait til you drive it to determine if its 'springy' IMO. how it feels on the track will be different than how it feels on the bench.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I figured it out. Thanks tho

Last edited by RcJunky76; 06-09-2016 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-10-2016, 06:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NoobRacer
Yes stock Pistons. On bench. Haven't had time to go to the track yet. Yes, mounted ready to drive.
Drive it and then report back. I have a feeling you'll be fine
Old 06-10-2016, 04:14 PM
Tech Initiate

hi fellas,i pulled the trigger and ordered my first tekno!..im curious about the batteries.are there certain brands that fit better than others?
Old 06-10-2016, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

I can only say what works for me.. SMC
Old 06-10-2016, 04:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RcJunky76
I can only say what works for me.. SMC
cool,i was hoping somebody would say those,as they seem to be a good value battery!thanks
Old 06-10-2016, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Help with timing or setting in general on a RX8. I'm lost when it comes to all this fancy race programming stuff so I thought I would save myself a huge headache and ask.
I'm prepping for my first club race next weekend but this sunday I will travel 3hrs to have my hand at the track and make any changes I think but have no clue about.
So looking at the hotwire makes my head spin and I'm wondering if someone could give me a nice starting point for the track.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrNQCowvnsA

I'm lost when looking at timing but always hear about it. Mine is on C2?? What is 1-5 then how the heck do you adjust C1or the like?
What is punch control?
Just looking for basic starting points and don't need extra power from motor, more of a safe equal I'm not going to blow it up my first race point..
Thanks for any help..
Old 06-10-2016, 05:30 PM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

All my batteries are SMC. They work great and not too expensive. Very good value.
Old 06-10-2016, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Help with timing or setting in general on a RX8. I'm lost when it comes to all this fancy race programming stuff so I thought I would save myself a huge headache and ask.
I'm prepping for my first club race next weekend but this sunday I will travel 3hrs to have my hand at the track and make any changes I think but have no clue about.
So looking at the hotwire makes my head spin and I'm wondering if someone could give me a nice starting point for the track.

I'm lost when looking at timing but always hear about it. Mine is on C2?? What is 1-5 then how the heck do you adjust C1or the like?
What is punch control?
Just looking for basic starting points and don't need extra power from motor, more of a safe equal I'm not going to blow it up my first race point..
Thanks for any help..
If you head over to the tekin forum, or check out tekin website I'd bet they have some base setups listed for that esc. Personally don't have experience. I own one but run a HW. Though I've seen setups posted
Old 06-11-2016, 04:14 AM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What is punch control?
Thanks for any help..
If you are running a 4 pole motor, most 1/8 motors are, they don't like timing- From what Tekin says about their motors anyway. I turn the timing off on my RX8.
Throttle curves are personal preference
CL- current limit is adjustable to help with lower RPM punch. If your track is a little loose you can turn down the CL to help with wheel spin and keep temps a little cooler.
Drag brake- when trigger is in neutral position the motor has a slight and adjustable braking affect. Adjust to personal preference
Push control- opposite of drag brake (can't have both at same time). Whe trigger is in neutral position motor will slighly push the car to overcome the motors natural drag. Some like it to make it more like a nitro car that can coast when off power and clutch is not engaged.
Hope this helps a little. But like above check out the RX8 thread for more details. The Tekin guys are helpful and you can call them. They have Ben very nice when I have called.
Old 06-11-2016, 06:13 AM
Tech Regular

Thank you guys, I've been busy searching and think I figured it out. I find castle link to be a lot easier to use but I'm getting there.
Old 06-13-2016, 05:02 AM
Tech Regular

Got to test at the track yesterday and had blast. I'm finding the rear like to spin out a lot in all driving controls but really bad under braking. Any adjustments you guys would recommend to help tame this down.
Also looking for setting on turning. This thing will turn on a dime and speeds with sharp turns are not always good.

I'm all stock out of box set up other then red and pink springs.. Thanks you

Last edited by RcJunky76; 06-13-2016 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Set up
Old 06-13-2016, 06:07 AM
Tech Champion

Got to test at the track yesterday and had blast. I'm finding the rear like to spin out a lot in all driving controls but really bad under braking. Any adjustments you guys would recommend to help tame this down.
Also looking for setting on turning. This thing will turn on a dime and speeds with sharp turns are not always good.

I'm all stock out of box set up other then red and pink springs.. Thanks you
now that you tried box stock, go put Joe's Southern Nats setup on and see how you like it. I really like it.

Also remember no matter what the setup sheets say, use no less than 4 shims on the steering spindle to limit steering throw. I actually just use one 2mm ball stud washer from my 10th scale stuff since each shim is .5mm.

Also in order to prevent grinding on the arm under full lock / droop, you should put the screw that holds the steering turnbuckle on the spindle in upside down. The head of the screw will be up in the recessed area where the lock nut goes. This will give you the extra clearance needed without modifying the arms.

To further expand on the last point:

Step K3 on Page 3 - Put the screw in upside down so that the head of the screw is in the hex spot that's molded into the spindle. This will aid in clearance in full droop / full steering.
Old 06-13-2016, 06:16 AM
Tech Champion

In case you guys didn't notice it, I've created the Wiki for this thread. Similar to the old '1st page' posts, but now it appears at the top of every page.

Anyone can edit it, but just keep in mind that EVERY edit is recorded and we can see who did it. Abusing it will result in a forum ban.

My suggestion is that if you have a new item you want to post on the Wiki and aren't sure if you should, just post it in the normal part of the thread and ask. If you see a majority in agreement, post it.
Old 06-13-2016, 06:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the 3X2.1 pistons yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.