Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree84Likes

Team Associated SC5M Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-02-2017, 11:22 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated SC5M Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Wildcat1971
Team Associated SC5M Wiki Content.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 10:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bds81175
To me anything over 0.10 seconds transit times are noticably slow. I prefer more speed. I've run 1258's in every car I own from my B5M to my SC5M to my SCTE 2.0 to my Tekno SCT410 with absolutely no problems. What are you referring to when you say "glitching"?
I just picked up a sc5m roller. It has an aluminum (blue) bellcrank steering system. I noticed that you mentioned that you installed the Savox 1258 in your sc5m. Does yours have the aluminum bellcrank?

I ask because I can't seem to fit mine into the area with clearance to the bellcrank to swing. I have the black edition servo but the dimensions are identical to the standard gold 1258.

Help is apprectiated...
Old 03-17-2016, 10:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dpcardoza
I've ran the 1258's as well and have never had any glitching issues running Hobbywing esc's. I thought the problem was only with castle esc's.
I just picked up a sc5m roller. It has an aluminum (blue) bellcrank steering system. I noticed that you mentioned that you installed the Savox 1258 in your sc5m. Does yours have the aluminum bellcrank?

I ask because I can't seem to fit mine into the area with clearance to the bellcrank to swing. I have the black edition servo but the dimensions are identical to the standard gold 1258.

Help is apprectiated...
Old 03-17-2016, 10:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Had the same issue with mine as well, ended up using a protek 100ss servo with a more lower top case. No issues now
Old 03-17-2016, 10:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CRaZeD
Had the same issue with mine as well, ended up using a protek 100ss servo with a more lower top case. No issues now
Are you running the aluminum bellcrank? I looked at that one too. But, there were no size specs so I coudn't tell if it would make a diff. Plus, it had a lot of bad reviews...
Old 03-17-2016, 11:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freezeframe007
UPDATE:
I notice that this build has the blue aluminum bellcrank steering linkage. Don't think this was stock...I could be wrong. Assuming this is not stock, I wonder if this is why I can't fit my Savox 1258 black addition servo (not enough clearance). I am not sure if the original user had a low profile installed or not.

Has anyone successfully installed the Savox 1258 in the sc5m with the aluminum bellcrank system? If so, pics would be awesome!

If this was a buggy, I wouldn't have an issue going with the 1251. I would have plenty of room. But, it is a hair slower and 30oz weaker than the 1258.

I watched a stock build video and they install the airtronics 94661 which has equal or better specs. In the video, it looked like the rack parts were plastic. Unfortunately, the airtronics has the exact same size specs as the 1258.

I am at an impass with this build at this point.
The correct aluminum belcrank has the same dimensions as the plastic parts. You should not have any issue fitting a 1258 servo in your sc5m. The 1258 Is a standard size servo. Perhaps your steering belcrank is installed incorrectly. It might be best if you posted a picture of your truck as well as one of your servo with the mounts attached. If you are not able to post pictures here feel free to message me and I will give you my email or number and you can send them that way. I would be happy to take a look and try and figure out what is going on.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I have the correct bellcrank, the AE bellcrank and it hits the top of the savox servo. I do have it installed correctly and a friends sc5m did the same with same setup. Ive never had any trouble with protek servos, now use them in all my vehicles
Old 03-18-2016, 03:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CRaZeD
I have the correct bellcrank, the AE bellcrank and it hits the top of the savox servo. I do have it installed correctly and a friends sc5m did the same with same setup. Ive never had any trouble with protek servos, now use them in all my vehicles
The only issues i know about are the STRC bell cranks causing clearance issues, i have a b5m, t5m, sc5m all will 1258's with associated or jconcepts bell cranks, absolutely no clearance issues or rubbing or modification issues are you using the correct spacers?

Last edited by Flip boy; 03-18-2016 at 03:57 AM. Reason: mispelling
Old 03-18-2016, 06:12 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I have heard others have issues with the 1258 and the aluminum bellcranks. I'm running the JConcepts bellcranks and it clears but I am also not using any servo spacers. Hope this helps. Get rid of the spacers and try it.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:08 AM
Tech Rookie

I have the STRC aluminum bellcrank in my SC5M and there were clearance issues, dremmel tool fixed it for me. I also have a Savox 1258.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dyechainsaw10
I have the STRC aluminum bellcrank in my SC5M and there were clearance issues, dremmel tool fixed it for me. I also have a Savox 1258.
That is what I ended up doing too. I took some plastic off the servo end cap, a little off the the aluminum bellcrank arm. I also didn't want to use a plastic servo horn. I couln't find an aluminum specifically for the model and I had a few left from a bunch of generic 25t horns I ordered from China a while back. It was a bit long with two holes so, I cut the tip of it off and did some dremel work to smooth it out. It is all together now.

We had a bunch of rain for the last two days so, taking it to the track was out of the question. I did throw it out in the street to tune the steering tracking and the slipper. It seems peppy enough on the street with the Reds VX 8.5t and 40* timing. I won't know for sure til I get it on the track. Then I can assess the gearing as well.

Thanks for the input. I got to the same place before I saw this reply...LOL
Old 03-19-2016, 12:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bds81175
I have heard others have issues with the 1258 and the aluminum bellcranks. I'm running the JConcepts bellcranks and it clears but I am also not using any servo spacers. Hope this helps. Get rid of the spacers and try it.
I didn't have any spacers either. That was the first thing I tried. I got it working with some modifications and it seems plenty free with good quick, snappy steering.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Newbie Rc Guy
I've been running on similar surface. I was running 4 limiters in all 4 shocks, 45 wt grey truck Springs and a front sway bar up front from a sc10, no shims on front shock tower. 40 wt with white truck Springs in the the rear. 4mm shims on rear aluminum hubs, no shims in the center. Slam the truck to the ground. I was running worn dboot nanobytes on front and a fresh pair on the rear in A compound.
Wow thanks alot for the help. I actually made myself a front anti-roll bar last week, tested it out on sunday. It really makes a huge difference. I just need to add the shock limiters. Also I'm now running the truck as low as I can get it, approx 22mm front and rear.

Much happier now!
Old 03-22-2016, 07:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default front tires

Question, Trying to figure out the best tire setup for my ride. Running gold dirtwebs on rear grey foams and the basic setup on shock and ride height as Cav for indoor smooth clay medium to high grip. I have been running the white springs front and back. The truck is pushing some off throttle in tight turns. I grabbed a set of gray front springs to tryout but I have had some green dirtwebs on the front with worn aka red foam. What tire does all recommend for front and also do you think the gray springs will help? I feel I am tuning myself backwards. Thanks.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:44 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I try to find the tire that works the best in the rear and then match that in the front, including foam. I then tune the chassis to handle with that combo. At our local indoor track in short course, the dirtwebs are not anywhere close to Prolines Electron MC's. I've tried to make them work but they just aren't as fast and I have been paying for it my last few times out. Thank you manufacturers for running everyone out of clay tires in the middle of clay tire season....
Old 03-24-2016, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

anyone have a good base setup for outdoor loose dirt tracks?? i have a good one for the T5M, should be close right??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.