R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Team Associated SC5M Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/878524-team-associated-sc5m-thread.html)

Gpeters66 09-04-2015 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ringer1 (Post 14170784)
New springs should be available now. My new gray springs for the front and maybe the rear came in today.

Do you have the part #'s for the grey fronts and the white rears?

Ringer1 09-04-2015 05:42 PM

Springs

Sure, 91637 gray front and 91641 gray rear. Tryin the fronts for sure first. Rears I'll wait on. Ordered them from the local hobby shop almost two weeks ago. I've looked today on sites and haven't seen them in stock yet, weird. Part numbers are located in page 22 of the manual also, bottom left of page.

Wildcat1971 09-04-2015 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by bds81175 (Post 14170738)
I always vent the tire, even when I sauce. I don't always sauce. But when I do, I don't apply enough to weep into the vent holes. In fact, I have taken to saucing just the tops of the treads and keeping the sauce away from the carcass. Then again, I may be crazy....

we have no tread, lol

QDRHRSE 09-04-2015 10:48 PM

I ran Kyosho Yellow front SC springs and they worked pretty well. After comparing springs I'm convinced that the new AE springs are made by the same company as the Kyoshos. They are identical....even wound in the same direction.

Gpeters66 09-05-2015 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Ringer1 (Post 14170898)
Sure, 91637 gray front and 91641 gray rear. Tryin the fronts for sure first. Rears I'll wait on. Ordered them from the local hobby shop almost two weeks ago. I've looked today on sites and haven't seen them in stock yet, weird. Part numbers are located in page 22 of the manual also, bottom left of page.

Thanks for the info

pastaman 09-05-2015 11:56 AM

Running box stock setup with Proline Prime supersoft slick tires (pretty much what everyone else is running) on a medium/high traction clay/dirt mixture that grooves in as the night goes on. Truck is great everywhere except at the end of the straight there is a high-speed sweeper and my truck wants to roll over every time. Only way to avoid it is to slow way down, and I'm losing time to other trucks that are able to really whip it in there.

Normally, I would probably throw some sway bars on the truck but I don't see that there are any for SC5M yet. Has anyone else had this issue, and do you have any other suggestions? Minimum ride height at this track is 28mm. Thanks

kwiksi 09-05-2015 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by pastaman (Post 14171639)
Running box stock setup with Proline Prime supersoft slick tires (pretty much what everyone else is running) on a medium/high traction clay/dirt mixture that grooves in as the night goes on. Truck is great everywhere except at the end of the straight there is a high-speed sweeper and my truck wants to roll over every time. Only way to avoid it is to slow way down, and I'm losing time to other trucks that are able to really whip it in there.

Normally, I would probably throw some sway bars on the truck but I don't see that there are any for SC5M yet. Has anyone else had this issue, and do you have any other suggestions? Minimum ride height at this track is 28mm. Thanks

If your traction rolling then you need to stiffen up your suspension.

Gpeters66 09-05-2015 03:45 PM

On Cav's 2 setup sheets I noticed he isn't using the aluminum steering rack....anyone running one?

QDRHRSE 09-05-2015 06:19 PM

I run the aluminum rack just because SC is a rough class and there seems to be a lot bumping an grinding...I run one on my T5M too. I'm not Cav. I hit stuff occasionally.

tmail55 09-05-2015 08:20 PM

Got my SC5M Friday by 7pm was on the street in front of the house doing a bit of testing.

As I was to be racing ON ROAD today, planed to do a on road test with the SC5M. Down the front straight for the second lap sounded like the trans went!! :-(

Checked everything from axle pins to opening the trans, found the magnet is loose on the motor armature. Had put a Reedy 3300/AE esc in just for today. Today was to be the last race for the SC10GT-E. Now has a Speed Passion GT2.1 and Speed Passion 10.5 mounted.

===

? to do a 3 gear trans, what trans cases do you need?

ray_munday 09-05-2015 08:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by pastaman (Post 14171639)

I found the front felt a bit soft in the high speed sweepers at our track so i adapted a jc sc10 front bar and used a b5m rear bar. I usef the 1.6mm front bar with the pivots 26mm out from the inner pivot point. Green b5m bar on the rear. Truck was very easy to drive hard with these installed.

I havent had a chance to test the stiffer grey front springs yet.

redracerd 09-05-2015 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE (Post 14171130)
I ran Kyosho Yellow front SC springs and they worked pretty well. After comparing springs I'm convinced that the new AE springs are made by the same company as the Kyoshos. They are identical....even wound in the same direction.

i agree 100%

BLKXJ96 09-06-2015 06:48 PM

Ran my Sc5m for the first time this weekend, the grey front springs made a huge difference, along with an oil change to the shocks. Still tends to step out a little in the corners on exit. I almost want to try a blue spring up front. other than that, this truck rips!! :tire:

slow1000rider03 09-06-2015 07:15 PM

2nd race with my sc5 outdoors today. Qualified #2 but took the top spot in the A main. Two races total. Took the win both times. All of this on a outdoor dusty dry track. Anyone thinking they can't run outdoors with this truck needs to think again. A little brass in the rear gives the rear traction I needed.

slow1000rider03 09-06-2015 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Gpeters66 (Post 14171793)
On Cav's 2 setup sheets I noticed he isn't using the aluminum steering rack....anyone running one?

Using the jconcepts one on mine. Very nicely done.