R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Team Associated SC5M Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/878524-team-associated-sc5m-thread.html)

mxturd 09-02-2015 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by maddysdaddy (Post 14166619)
word of warning--
6mm hexes plus 71013 doesn't work with all wheels. Wheel nut hits shoulder of axle and stops before it's snug against the wheel. 7mm hex (watch with +3 wheels ) or a spacer/shim between the wheel/nut, or open up the back of your front nuts to fit over the shoulder if you keep the 6mm hex.
AE wheel is the biggest gap:
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...psljrmkkjn.jpg
washer between nut and wheel:
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...psdvwvbugw.jpg

Can you put a washer on the inside of the stud,before you put it through the hub?

maddysdaddy 09-02-2015 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by mxturd (Post 14168015)
Can you put a washer on the inside of the stud,before you put it through the hub?

Didn't try, but I kinda doubt it. The hole in the axle might be slightly inside the bearing that way.
AE is already aware of this--they're working on it. New axles for SC being drawn up...

weyant 09-02-2015 06:33 PM

Got to finally check the new sc5m out this weekend at our local track. It seemed very smooth to jump and turned well. The guy that had it always fast at our track, him and I trade paint a lot for the wins. I ran my normal setup on my sc10.2. Lap time for him seemed very similar to his normal and the fast lap was mine for that day. He took tq by a small margin over me and we battled back and forth for half the race. I was about a turn ahead of him when his truck broke. So I did take the win. To me the truck is very nice on the track but if your like me and can't get the new truck right away don't get to crazy....my sc10.2 held up to the sc5m just fine. That being said I will be getting one at some point.

bds81175 09-02-2015 06:39 PM

weyant, I would agree. On low to medium to medium/high I think we can get the 5M to run as fast as the 10.2. I fully anticipate that once I get inside on a prepped high bite track I believe that my lap times will be faster with the 5M. To me it is also more fun to drive. I don't like the feel of the pendulum affect of the rear motor and I enjoy smoothing into the throttle and carrying corner speed as much as possible.

weyant 09-02-2015 06:43 PM

I agree indoor that truck may be a bit of a handful to keep up with lol. As for my sc10.2 it handles like its on rails....I've been running it for a long time and got it dialed......5m could be good to have indoor. I'll wait to see before I buy it lol

ray_munday 09-04-2015 05:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Had the chance to run my SC5M on an outdoor track here recently and it was very impressive. Surprisingly, the f/r weight bias using brass C block and battery rear was exactly the same as my SC10.2! It was definitely easier to drive fast than the SC10.2 but did nose down very quickly if you touched the brakes.

I found moving the battery forward on a medium grip surface helped a lot with the jumping and the truck still had plenty of forward grip, as well as being easier to drive with even better corner speed.

I went 5wt up in front oil from the kit setup, and I also experimented by adapting a JC front swaybar and using a B5M rear swaybar which helped in the high speed sweepers. I think the kit front spring is a bit soft for faster tracks, so Id like to install the new Grey front when its available.

Ray

atvracer9m 09-04-2015 07:01 AM

Anyone have trouble with the jconcepts +3 wheels going on in the front. I have to jam mine on the stock hex.

Scottysspeedsho 09-04-2015 10:08 AM

My were also tight.

Wildcat1971 09-04-2015 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by atvracer9m (Post 14170197)
Anyone have trouble with the jconcepts +3 wheels going on in the front. I have to jam mine on the stock hex.

use a body reamer and try to open the hole a little. I have to do that with some wheels.

mxturd 09-04-2015 12:58 PM

Do you guys vent your tires indoors? I always have, but I thought I just saw something on another post saying it is not needed

Jmuck69 09-04-2015 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by mxturd (Post 14170594)
Do you guys vent your tires indoors? I always have, but I thought I just saw something on another post saying it is not needed

I always vent when using closed cell foams, in or out.

Wildcat1971 09-04-2015 01:15 PM

I vent in the wheels. We sauce, so I dont vent the rubber.

bds81175 09-04-2015 03:18 PM

I always vent the tire, even when I sauce. I don't always sauce. But when I do, I don't apply enough to weep into the vent holes. In fact, I have taken to saucing just the tops of the treads and keeping the sauce away from the carcass. Then again, I may be crazy....

Ringer1 09-04-2015 04:04 PM

New springs should be available now. My new gray springs for the front and maybe the rear came in today.

bds81175 09-04-2015 04:27 PM

I'm running the old orange springs in the front with the 12mm spring cups. Work great.