Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

Team Durango DEX8

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think it's a fantastic layout. Jeremy is dumbfounded how some people hate it.
Old 04-29-2017, 06:17 PM
Tech Addict

Sorry to hear about the downward spiral of TD. A couple years ago I ran 3 of their cars, but they were all discontinued when the dex8 and it's relatives were released.

I was sure they were doing a re-boot and were gonna turn things around...but it sounds like nothing has changed. As everybody knows, parts availability was also a problem for their previous vehicles.

I really liked the idea of running a SCT + buggy + truggy that shared a lot of components. Oh well. I'll check back later to see if things turn around?
Old 04-30-2017, 01:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So, does anyone know what was the last straw for TD? Seems like everyone here loved theirs. Was competitive with the Teknos if not better. What gives?
Old 04-30-2017, 09:04 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I think it was them shooting themselves in the foot. Once they dropped a race program and went "grass roots", thats was unfortunately a sign. Its possible that they could have make it work, but, it seemed like going grass roots was just a code word for "Save money on race team". You didn't see what I would expect happening like great forum support, various specific things done to help the local racer along with frequent posts about it, etc.

Couple that with issues of getting parts and the perception that the 1/8 lineup was just modified arrma cars didn't help matters.

The release of the dex210v3 in comparison to what other companies were making was kind of a joke too. They might as well have just called it the dex210v2.1 as literally it was just some parts throw in dex210v2 boxes that were different. It almost seemed like they were testing something, and the moment the team was gone they had stuff made they just felt like throwing in the box for one last cash grab.

In addition, what the few team guys left were running were not what the dex210v3 was. Exotek did more with the brand than durango did at that point.

Very sad as the cars actually worked well, especially the new dex410v5, dex210F, and the DEX 1/8 line up. Could imagine what could have been.

Maybe if they do make a comeback they really focus on what works and what doesn't. But I know I won't be charging the beach first for them thats for sure.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

I've been out of the loop for a couple years... Came back to see if there was a new buggy since the DEX408v2 and this is what I find?? TD going under? Man what a shame...

Also I might be completely alone on this, but does anyone else think the DEX8 seems to copy the mugen eco a bit? The forward cab, the pillowball steering etc...

The innovation and original design of the DEX408 is what drew me to it. But looking at the DEX8 I dont get that same appeal
Old 10-30-2017, 08:23 AM
Tech Legend

There are simularities with the Mugen that a few vehicles share. However I think you get to a point where certain things will be the same regardless.

The big thing I see going on now appears to be vehicle designs moving weight farther forward. That was a popular mod on the dex8 was to move the battery tray forward where the receiver box is stock.

As it sits, the item that was a big change was the sliding diff that was a bit more hassle than it needed to be for its own good in my opinion. That could have been designed better as well as better quality materials used for the diff cups as those wore excessively fast in comparison to the competition.

In the end, I guess any remaining innnovation was saved up for the Arrma side of things and hobbico finally decided to pull the plug.
Old 10-30-2017, 05:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ive never heard of Arrma here in Aus but then again I’ve been out the loop again for a couple years. Ill have to look them up.

So what is the general consensus on the DEX8? Was it a worthy successor to its predecessors? Is twin pack chassis design dead (in 1/8 off-road racing)?
Old 10-30-2017, 05:18 PM
Tech Legend

The car worked when tuned, the sliding diff was interesting but more pain that it was worth.

The SCT version was better in my opinion out of the box than the buggy. Heck of a vehicle.

Twin pack chassis design appears to be dead. Even the company that appeared to have started the design if I recall correctly Caster Racing is not coming out with a single pack car for what i think they said was better weight balance.

What would have been interesting if someone stuck with the dual pack design, but moved the batteries to the front of the vehicle.
jza70r likes this.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

I am in desperate need for a part I need for my Team Durango DEX8.

One of the weak points of the DEX8 is the rear chassis brace and body mount. Partnr TD320322.

I ran my DEX8 a couple of rounds and during a jump it landed on it's body. Result, broken rear chassis brace and body mount.

I've heard that parts for the Arrma Typhon will fit the DEX8, but the chassis brace won't fit because the body mount is different and the brace is of the DEX8 is 2mm shorter.

Is it true that the rear chassis brace from the Typhon is 2mm longer?

Any suggestions how I could replace the brace and body mount with a better one?

This original part from Durango is really hard to find!
Old 11-04-2017, 09:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by fredswain
There are some unique parts for ARRMA and Durango and these are mostly from the centre section, ESC mount, servo mount etc. .......
Body mount is different for the Arrma Typhon. I have a DEX8 and thinking of converting the body mount to the Arrma Typhon, but it seems that that the rear chassis brace of the DEX8 is 2mm shorter.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

So do we have to be afraid of parts availability now Hobbyico stopped with TD? I was considering buying a Durango DEX8 slider in used shape, for around 110 dollars, just for bashing.

However i am a bit worried to buy a car wich doesnt have parts support. Think i should be better of buying a second hand Arrma Typhon, due to lack of parts support of td.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

For the chassis brace. I had this car and broke one at a big event and ended up getting the arrma truggy one and cutting it. Cut to top part and re-drill the hole. Also you can drill the holes in the tower and use arrma typhon body mounts or use the typhon rear tower.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Dex8 roller for sale

Listed it on eBay a few days ago.
Old 03-31-2018, 04:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Spur gear

Looking if anyone has a TD310649 metal spur to part with I have lots of other parts I would be willing to trade .
Old 06-01-2018, 04:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys is it just the arrma talion v1 compatible with the dex408t or can the talion v3 also be interchangeable?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.