Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 06:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Tekno Race Trailer

I was at a big race in Ohio and saw this cool trailer in the parking lot. Had to take a pic. Then one day on my way to work I saw the same trailer in my neighbors drive. I could not believe that I live right around the corner from this guy and we don't know each other. Anyone know who this guy is? PM me if anyone knows. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread-image.jpg  

Last edited by Guch; 05-18-2015 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Added pic
Old 05-17-2015, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Talk me into building this kit. Found one left at the LHS, picked it up with a Hobbywing 4700kv motor and Xerun ESC combo, 1256TG Savox servo, and haven't opened the packaging yet except to read the manual.

I just can't pull the trigger to start the build.

I really like buggies more than SCTs and am considering putting it all up in the FS section. That said, I've only had RTR trucks, but feel this was impulse.

Are you guys loving yours?
Old 05-17-2015, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Noize
Talk me into building this kit. Found one left at the LHS, picked it up with a Hobbywing 4700kv motor and Xerun ESC combo, 1256TG Savox servo, and haven't opened the packaging yet except to read the manual.

I just can't pull the trigger to start the build.

I really like buggies more than SCTs and am considering putting it all up in the FS section. That said, I've only had RTR trucks, but feel this was impulse.

If you are a racer??? Build it and you'll have the best and complete 4x4 shortcourse to date ! And NO i do not work for or sponsored by Tekno...the matter of fact i was a Losi guy !!
This was my first build as well and it took me a day and a half ....taking my time. It was easy, very straight forward and fit very well.
Go ahead.....do it !!
Old 05-17-2015, 08:30 PM
Tech Adept

I've built a B5M without trouble.
Not much of a racer yet. Been practicing when I can. I really value buggies for their size and agility. Thanks for the info. More to think about.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've built a B5M without trouble.
Not much of a racer yet. Been practicing when I can. I really value buggies for their size and agility. Thanks for the info. More to think about.
I'm sure you will have no trouble selling the .3
Old 05-18-2015, 04:57 AM
Tech Adept

Default How to

No what servo horn to get, i have a xp 1313 DS servo an need to order a servo horn ,witch one do i order to fit my servo i need to order a aluminum horn but not sure what to order?
Old 05-18-2015, 05:13 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

the tekno horn worked great on my xp ds1015 servo. xp servos take 25 tooth spline.

old pic, and yes, it a v1, but the horn fits the same.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Aswild
No what servo horn to get, i have a xp 1313 DS servo an need to order a servo horn ,witch one do i order to fit my servo i need to order a aluminum horn but not sure what to order?
The Hot Bodies one fits perfectly. It's the proper length, and the linkage sits perfectly horizontal below the horn without rubbing anything:

Old 05-18-2015, 05:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TheCore
the tekno horn worked great on my xp ds1015 servo. xp servos take 25 tooth spline.

old pic, and yes, it a v1, but the horn fits the same.
That was quick thanks core that b the one i order also i got some Aka wishbone2 wides pre mount 1.10 short course tyre set up ,when i tighten the rear down they go all the way against the hub an do not turn ,do i need a deffrent wheel combo , i read at the first post aka work ,any thoughts,core what tire combo u got on the one in the pic
Old 05-18-2015, 05:43 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

You are probably hitting the mud guard mounted to the front of the rear arm with the ribs on the inside of the rim. Dremel the mud guard until it easily clears. You don't want that thing grabbing the rim when it flexes.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:44 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

i initially intended on using it as a basher so they're 17mm DE trinidads with badlands tires (which is why i said it was an old pic). since then i've left the 17mm conversion on the truck and use panther slicks and dirt webs mounted on 17mm hex trinidads. m2c makes 17mm conversion kits for stock axles (v1 and .3) or the superlight axles and drilled out revo hexes work well (this is what i currently use)
Old 05-18-2015, 08:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezlight
Raced my .3 for the second time today. First outting was horrible. So changes for today, was last night I changed pistons to 6x15's in the rear with 350cst oil. Ran it like that for the first heat, it was better, but not quite where I wanted it. Changed to green rear springs, and she was almost spot on where I wanted it. It handled exactly how I expected it to from box, and was very predictable. Accept for a couple bonehead moves by the driver, it was a great day of racing. The rest of the truck is box stock, even ride height.

Thanks to fastpete, for the truck, and the PT racing oils, and tekno springs so I could play around a little bit. I finally had people looking my way, as I won both heats I was in, and held 2nd place for 90% of the main, but fell back to 4th place due to a boneheaded off track excursion...

For those assembling their trucks, i would start with 350cst in the rear, it'll get you close.
I've resisted changing the rear end. It has been planted. This weekend, I got a couple of those donkey kicks. Appears to happen when nailing the throttle while on the jump. I might try the pinks. On ver1, the greens made my rear end too loose - track was loose too tho.

I love the truck tho. It handles. Gotta quite oversteering and remember to brake early and drive thru turn off straight. For me, it had been just as tough as ver1. I've had some bad wrecks...no breaks yet. Thinking I need to go down to 2 cars, but I can't give up this truck. Too fun running it.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I've run two kits prior to the .3. A Losi 8ight E 2.0 and a Durango Dex 210.

This is by far the best kit to work on and race so far. I've only raced two weekends but for a returning newbie this kit races well, survives really hard hits like a tank, and is a breeze to work on.

Get one and don't look back.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've only been able to run my truck once about 3 weeks ago. It ran pretty well and I don't think I had the best tires available to make it totally planted. However, even given that, I felt my rear was too loose. (I don't think the tires were that far off from optimal)

Has anyone messed with the rear anti-squat? My rear toe is already at -4 deg so my next step would be to try to decrease the anti squat. thoughts?
Old 05-18-2015, 10:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by louie8269
I've only been able to run my truck once about 3 weeks ago. It ran pretty well and I don't think I had the best tires available to make it totally planted. However, even given that, I felt my rear was too loose. (I don't think the tires were that far off from optimal)

Has anyone messed with the rear anti-squat? My rear toe is already at -4 deg so my next step would be to try to decrease the anti squat. thoughts?
Just curious as to when the rear end gets loose. Is it when trying to make a turn after a high speed section or all the time? Mine is pretty planted. I did drop my brake strength and decreased my rear droop because my nose was drooping too when I hit the brakes at the end of the straight. However, I felt that was on me. I need to brake earlier and no so hard. I was also oversteering trying to get into the turn. I did some 360s last week at the end of the straight, but, after making the adjustments, I was good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.