Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 11:10 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Its not lol

I run the Viper as well.

So we need to work it via setup so it works well like the losi's I ran against without push control on there rides too

Its doable for sure, even if the final touch is the battery tray mod which I will have on hand if needed. But ultimately I feel my setup just was off basically.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motorman007
Push control?
i have a viper what setting is that?
Push Control is the exact opposite of Drag Brake. Instead of braking when you let off the throttle, Push Control "pushes" the car with a little power still applied to the motor to achieve better coasting, and reduces nose dives when going off a jump and letting off the throttle. You can also just learn how your vehicle likes to jump and leave your finger on the throttle slightly.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jakesterama
Push Control is the exact opposite of Drag Brake. Instead of braking when you let off the throttle, Push Control "pushes" the car with a little power still applied to the motor to achieve better coasting, and reduces nose dives when going off a jump and letting off the throttle. You can also just learn how your vehicle likes to jump and leave your finger on the throttle slightly.
WOW thanx sir.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jakesterama
+1

You can also adjust your throttle neutral point on your radio to have the similar effect. The wheels will spin some when lifted off the ground but it will not be enough to move the vehicle when its placed on the ground. The speed control adjustment does it a little better because it only kicks in when the throttle is returning.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The rx8 manual says push control is only available in brushed mode . In brushless mode , led 2 is brake strength . How are you overcoming this built in software ? Or is the Tekin Manual wrong ?

LED2 (IN BRUSHLESS MODE): REV/BRAKE STRENGTH adjusts your maximum brake strength and reverse speed when in brushless mode. Higher values increase brake strength and increase reverse speed.
LED2 (BRUSHED MODE): PUSH CONTROL or ANTI-DRAG overcomes the natural drag of a brushed motor when throttle returns to neutral. Low values give you a short duration push, higher values a longer duration push.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Found it ... Its in the hotwire . Not programmable on the esc...
Old 03-20-2015, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
Partially true. The weight reduction in the drivetrain components is not a simple add weight change. This does really affect the power delivery and with the high powered motors today, lighter in the drive train is not always better when it comes to being usable.
This is very true, and most racers these days don't stop to think about this aspect when they add new shiny parts to their vehicles. That said, with the esc technology we have and the higher traction we (usually) are seeing these days, its easy to accommodate for this difference in drivetrain weight. Especially in this class, having a lighter weight drivetrain is also beneficial because it will increase runtimes and put less strain on your power system. The new truck will be awesome!
Old 03-20-2015, 12:41 PM
Tech Legend

for me at least, the area in question push control or similar throttle finger action wouldn't and didn't work. Just something inherent to setup in my opinion. BUt I hope to fix that this next go around.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cain
for me at least, the area in question push control or similar throttle finger action wouldn't and didn't work. Just something inherent to setup in my opinion. BUt I hope to fix that this next go around.
I found it necessary to run very tall gearing in order to rectify the nose down condition with throttle. A couple teeth higher than you normally would use. It's not 100% fix, but it does help noticably.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

For those of us maybe planning on purchasing a new kit, rather than updating our existing trucks, what are you planning on keeping, that may not be in the .3 kit? Servo horn is obvious, but what about air guards or your shocks pistons (just installed the new 6x1.5's in mine).
Old 03-20-2015, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shawn_S
For those of us maybe planning on purchasing a new kit, rather than updating our existing trucks, what are you planning on keeping, that may not be in the .3 kit? Servo horn is obvious, but what about air guards or your shocks pistons (just installed the new 6x1.5's in mine).
The updates will be what everyone is after. The .3 can also be toughened up. It will benefit from some alloy hingle pin holders, I will also buy an alloy servo arm and maybe an alloy ackerman plate too, other that that it should be tough as nails.

Plan on experimenting with pistons and/or springs to find the sweet spot for your track.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

The team guys have been testing the .3 parts for a while now. And they have already wont some really big races with them. The kit setup should be a great all around starting point for most drivers. There is not a need to have this part or that to get this truck on the track. Im guessing.. An aluminum servo horn with the spline you need it gonna be about it. Maybe a few tuning options as you get to different tracks or conditions as with the case of any other RC vehicle.
regarding the "kick" off of jumps.. It most certainly is caused by bottoming off the face of a jump. But if you look at whats really happening, it usually caused by the front wheels clearing the lip as the rear is rebounding. Several fixes can help
1. bandaid fix is to add a stiffer rear spring.
2. Go thicker rear oil..
3. Increase ride height

all these will work to some degree, but have a penalty somewhere along the way. Usually in a loss of rear grip or unbalanced setup

Instead of changing the setup, why not change yer driving ? Approach jumps that have a short face or are high speed in coast / off power ( not max speed either) and squeeze throttle while going off the face. I am not an RC master, but this has worked for me on 95% of the situations I needed it to. It sometimes takes a conscious effort to tell myself to "let off the gas" before a big jump but when done properly it works.
Just sayin
Old 03-21-2015, 06:48 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by CRCDUDE
The team guys have been testing the .3 parts for a while now. And they have already wont some really big races with them. The kit setup should be a great all around starting point for most drivers. There is not a need to have this part or that to get this truck on the track. Im guessing.. An aluminum servo horn with the spline you need it gonna be about it. Maybe a few tuning options as you get to different tracks or conditions as with the case of any other RC vehicle.
regarding the "kick" off of jumps.. It most certainly is caused by bottoming off the face of a jump. But if you look at whats really happening, it usually caused by the front wheels clearing the lip as the rear is rebounding. Several fixes can help
1. bandaid fix is to add a stiffer rear spring.
2. Go thicker rear oil..
3. Increase ride height

all these will work to some degree, but have a penalty somewhere along the way. Usually in a loss of rear grip or unbalanced setup

Instead of changing the setup, why not change yer driving ? Approach jumps that have a short face or are high speed in coast / off power ( not max speed either) and squeeze throttle while going off the face. I am not an RC master, but this has worked for me on 95% of the situations I needed it to. It sometimes takes a conscious effort to tell myself to "let off the gas" before a big jump but when done properly it works.
Just sayin
From the testing I am curious to see how durable the hingepin braces are in composite, but I may just buy (depending on how they are sold) an alloy one for the FF and one for the RR.

As for the options to fix nose down, etc I think what you are saying has validity, the problem is doing this in a manner that maintains similar speeds to the competition.

It kind of reminds me of what sc10 4x4 drivers would do to get around bigger 1/8 tracks. they would roll a double or triples versus other vehicles just taking them, eventually, you lose time because of this and if competition is close, it is a liability.

But again I believe the older vehicle could solve these issues with some tuning or the battery tray mod. I do wish this version did have the tray mod done, but that is why I held on to that part to use

As for stuff to keep from the old vehicle, other than pistons and additional sway bars, not thinking of too much else I am keeping / kept.

One thing I am gonna be curious about is if I can do the same kind of steering mod I did before to raise up the position of the servo horn to work with regular servo horns. I don't see any problem why what I have done won't, but curious non the less.
Old 03-21-2015, 07:30 AM
Suspended

Hmmmm, seems like some good things going on here.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmkalt
I found it necessary to run very tall gearing in order to rectify the nose down condition with throttle. A couple teeth higher than you normally would use. It's not 100% fix, but it does help noticably.
This also made a noticeable difference for me, along with a few minor setup changes discussed before over the issue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.