Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 10:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Do you guys adjust rideheight with the preload nuts or is it the droop screws or what? I've been building and running RC for 25 years but just started running on a track for the first time so I've never set up a car to specific measurements. I'm trying to dial in my new 410.3 to a really bumpy track by my house, and I've made good progress but I know it can be a lot better. My also new ET48.3 is awesome and all I've really done from box stock is orange springs front and rear. Besides all the optional and upgrade parts that Tekno sells. I ordered them with both vehicles. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I cant keep destroying a body everytime I go to the track haha.
Old 10-22-2018, 04:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lineman26
Do you guys adjust rideheight with the preload nuts or is it the droop screws or what? I've been building and running RC for 25 years but just started running on a track for the first time so I've never set up a car to specific measurements. I'm trying to dial in my new 410.3 to a really bumpy track by my house, and I've made good progress but I know it can be a lot better. My also new ET48.3 is awesome and all I've really done from box stock is orange springs front and rear. Besides all the optional and upgrade parts that Tekno sells. I ordered them with both vehicles. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I cant keep destroying a body everytime I go to the track haha.
You should be adjusting ride height with the preload adjusters (shock collars) on the shock. Droop is how much suspension action happens when the suspension is unloaded. Droop is one of the most critical settings on any RC race car.
Old 10-22-2018, 01:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Big Features
You should be adjusting ride height with the preload adjusters (shock collars) on the shock. Droop is how much suspension action happens when the suspension is unloaded. Droop is one of the most critical settings on any RC race car.
ok I understand that, but when measuring droop, is the number I see the measurement from the bottom of the chassis to the bottom of the axle stub or hex when the chassis is sitting on blocks? Also, when measuring ride height, do you just settle the car on the tires and measure the chassis to the ground between the front and rear wheels to get the measurements? I guess that's the part I dont understand. Where the numbers I see on setup sheets come from and how to measure them.
Old 10-22-2018, 04:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Drop is measured from the center of the top bolt on the shock to the center of the bottom shock bolt... while the car is on a stand.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by lowspark
Drop is measured from the center of the top bolt on the shock to the center of the bottom shock bolt... while the car is on a stand.
thanks, that's what I figured, just wanted to make sure...
Old 10-23-2018, 08:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

One more question. I set my truck up following one of Joe's bumpy track setups on the Tekno site, the only difference is I'm running one step stiffer springs front and rear as the rest of mine haven't shown up yet. Same pistons, oil, etc. His rideheight is about 20mm, and for me to get it that low I pretty much have to move the spring collars all the way up, and then my truck bottoms out on pretty much every jump face and bigger bump. Does it sound like I'm way off?
Old 10-24-2018, 07:18 AM
Tech Addict

One more question. I set my truck up following one of Joe's bumpy track setups on the Tekno site, the only difference is I'm running one step stiffer springs front and rear as the rest of mine haven't shown up yet. Same pistons, oil, etc. His rideheight is about 20mm, and for me to get it that low I pretty much have to move the spring collars all the way up, and then my truck bottoms out on pretty much every jump face and bigger bump. Does it sound like I'm way off?
You need to have the newer low frequency springs for that setup. They are silver in color, i believe the part numbers are on the setup sheet .
Old 10-24-2018, 12:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by vfrninja
You need to have the newer low frequency springs for that setup. They are silver in color, i believe the part numbers are on the setup sheet .
I've got them on the way, should be here today actually. However I dont really see how that would change too much as far as bottoming out. The LF springs really aren't any stiffer, just shorter. I'll keep playing around with it... Thanks.
Old 10-24-2018, 04:30 PM
Tech Addict

I'm running the truck low, on a huge , blown out, 1/8 scale track with stupid jumps and it does great.
I'm running 6x1.4 pistons with 450cst oil in front, and 350cst in the rear.
Old 10-24-2018, 10:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by vfrninja
I'm running the truck low, on a huge , blown out, 1/8 scale track with stupid jumps and it does great.
I'm running 6x1.4 pistons with 450cst oil in front, and 350cst in the rear.
I have 8x1.4 in it now, but I have a set of 10x 1.1 I can try. Plus black plastic stockers. I think they are 10x1.2? For oil I'm running 425 and 325. I just got some new springs today I'll try too..
Old 10-26-2018, 09:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default To the guys who run on dirt

So I've run about 4 or 5 charges on my truck so far, about 20 minutes each, all on my local dirt track that has some loose dusty crap on top. When I pulled my shocks the other day to make some changes I noticed that the rear boots have several small holes or tears in them, like they are getting punctured by small bits of rock and there was a good amount of dirt inside them. I have the guards installed, but I'm just surprised that these already need to be replaced. I ordered a few pairs for both my rigs as I hate seeing dirt inside the boots. Is this normal to get around an hour and half of use out of them?
Old 10-27-2018, 08:04 AM
Tech Adept

So I've run about 4 or 5 charges on my truck so far, about 20 minutes each, all on my local dirt track that has some loose dusty crap on top. When I pulled my shocks the other day to make some changes I noticed that the rear boots have several small holes or tears in them, like they are getting punctured by small bits of rock and there was a good amount of dirt inside them. I have the guards installed, but I'm just surprised that these already need to be replaced. I ordered a few pairs for both my rigs as I hate seeing dirt inside the boots. Is this normal to get around an hour and half of use out of them?
I had the same problem. I use black balloons for mine. Cut them to length and slip them on. Bought a whole bag for like $13 for 100 which is a lifetime supply. I'm still on my first set. Don't waste money on the Tekno ones. They'll just tear again. You can use these on all your vehicles. See Amazon link below.

https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-Balloon-Company-Latex-Balloons/dp/B0060QWT66?keywords=qualatex+350q&qid=1540656106&sr=8-1&ref=sr_1_1 https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-Balloon-Company-Latex-Balloons/dp/B0060QWT66?keywords=qualatex+350q&qid=1540656106&sr=8-1&ref=sr_1_1

Last edited by JoeRC123; 10-27-2018 at 09:04 AM.
Old 10-27-2018, 10:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Lightbulb Rear Shock Protection

Look up TKR5033, rear arm mud guards. This might help out.
Mark
Old 10-28-2018, 10:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by markfsanderson
Look up TKR5033, rear arm mud guards. This might help out.
Mark
I have them which is why i was sort of surprised it happened so quickly.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JoeRC123
I had the same problem. I use black balloons for mine. Cut them to length and slip them on. Bought a whole bag for like $13 for 100 which is a lifetime supply. I'm still on my first set. Don't waste money on the Tekno ones. They'll just tear again. You can use these on all your vehicles. See Amazon link below.

https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-Ballo...8-1&ref=sr_1_1
haha the last time I used a balloon on one of my RC cars was when we made our 3 speed mechanical speed controls "waterproof" way back in the day. Did it on my Frog and Blackfoot... I'll try this out. Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.