Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 10:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ezlight
Never seen that happen before, so I think the priest is on the right track...

Seriously though, new to me. I heard that's a decent motor. Could be a weird vibration in the motor?

Just a wild guess. Nothing on the truck would effect that I don't believe.
Motor is new and smooth. No slop in the motor. And this was on the stand in my dining room. Not made it to the track yet. Yep priest.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:22 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

hmm, so it seems like the pinions don't want to "grab" the shaft is that correct? have you tried degreasing the shaft and maybe slightly roughing up the flat spot some so it can grab better?
Old 03-01-2018, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Does the pinion you’re using have he appropriate bore for the motors output shaft?
Old 03-01-2018, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by shadaloo
is there any binding in the drivetrain? everything moves freely?

tried another lipo? is the motor or esc overheating?

shock oil and setup shouldn't effect the issues it sounds like you're having... seems like an electronic issue for sure. i had a similar issue once with a bad sensor cable, caused it to act kinda like that..
Drivetrain seems butter smooth. Mesh is good. I changed the sensor wire trackside at the race when it happened the first run.

I wasn’t suggested that my setup was causing it. Rather, just putting the info out there for feedback on possible problems or suggestions for setup and upgrades...that’s all.

The day I had this problem, I also rebinded the radio and recalibrated the esc a couple times as well. I haven’t been able to take it back out since I changed the motor, esc and rx.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cain
hmm, so it seems like the pinions don't want to "grab" the shaft is that correct? have you tried degreasing the shaft and maybe slightly roughing up the flat spot some so it can grab better?
Good idea. Tekno pinions, and that is the 1/8 scale Maclan motor. Fit seems good. I looks like the shaft sticking out of the motor could be longer, but seems long enough to grab. Think I will take a bit of sandpaper to it, and ruff it up a bit.

Well, and maybe some holy water. It was a used truck. Never know......
Cain likes this.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Does anyone know why they quit making the 8X1.4mm conical pistons?

I found a set for my truck but just wondering why they are not made anymore when they are called for on many of the setup sheets.
Jordan Anderson likes this.
Old 03-04-2018, 04:00 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I think at the time on the pistons they were not really being used. now, they are a hot item, not sure why tekno hasn't brought them back though. I ended making some of my own.

So is there a current hot carpet setup?

Right now the main issue I am seeing I would like to correct is that on some of the jumps, mind you they are abrupt the nose down issue is really rearing its head. you can see here (my truck is the white and black one)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUSJ-KO_HWI&t=155s

Other classes the vehicles in particularly on the bump on the straight sale over this perfectly. The tekno 4x4 SCT though will nose down every hard, end up having to hit the brake right before it then gas up to punch over.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
I think at the time on the pistons they were not really being used. now, they are a hot item, not sure why tekno hasn't brought them back though. I ended making some of my own.

So is there a current hot carpet setup?

Right now the main issue I am seeing I would like to correct is that on some of the jumps, mind you they are abrupt the nose down issue is really rearing its head. you can see here (my truck is the white and black one)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUSJ-KO_HWI&t=155s

Other classes the vehicles in particularly on the bump on the straight sale over this perfectly. The tekno 4x4 SCT though will nose down every hard, end up having to hit the brake right before it then gas up to punch over.
Can you post your current setup?
Old 03-07-2018, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Got a question I just bought this truck and seems like its just loud is that normal? I've taken the diffs out and put black grease on them it didn't seem to help is it just suppose to be that way or can I quiet it down somehow?
Old 03-07-2018, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cameronspruill
Got a question I just bought this truck and seems like its just loud is that normal? I've taken the diffs out and put black grease on them it didn't seem to help is it just suppose to be that way or can I quiet it down somehow?
The tekno has a distinct noise to it over other 4wd's. You definitely know who is running one but the sound. Just make sure your mesh is shimmed right with your diffs and your spur, diffs greased properly, and run it.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezlight
The tekno has a distinct noise to it over other 4wd's. You definitely know who is running one but the sound. Just make sure your mesh is shimmed right with your diffs and your spur, diffs greased properly, and run it.
Ok thanks that's what I was wondering I checked all that and it seems to be ok so I shouldn't worry about the noise then? The car is fast just noisy
Old 03-08-2018, 08:09 PM
Tech Adept

I'm not sure this is the exact reason, but I run the Losi pinion gear and it seems quieter than all the guys running the Tekno pinion.

Last edited by JoeRC123; 03-10-2018 at 05:09 PM.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

Oh I forgot to ask if anyone is running the EB48 drive shafts and outdrives? Guys at my track did it and it looks beefy as hell.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeRC123
Oh I forgot to ask if anyone is running the EB48 drive shafts and outdrives? Guys at my track did it and it looks beefy as hell.
Would of you also need eb48 hubs , knuckles and arms to run those shafts/out drives?
Old 03-09-2018, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chainsaw10
Would of you also need eb48 hubs , knuckles and arms to run those shafts/out drives?
No...he's talking about the center drive-line only.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.