Search
Like Tree1Likes

NEW DURANGO DESC10

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaX-D
I like the looks of this truck. Hopefully it's a durable truck, unlike it's predecessor. Being able to run a full stick pack is a plus. The composite plastic chassis will definitely keep weight down. I prefer a lighter, more nimble truck. But it's gotta be durable! I'll let others be the guinea pigs. I'm in the market for a new 4x4 SCT, but I'm in no hurry. My first choice is the new Tekno. We'll see if this truck can sway me and change my mind.
I am defintily with you on the durability requirment. If it breaks easy like the originl durango 4x4 then its gone in a heartbeat for me. However, this thing looks the part for duability. Based on a 1/8 platform and all.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
I am defintily with you on the durability requirment. If it breaks easy like the originl durango 4x4 then its gone in a heartbeat for me. However, this thing looks the part for duability. Based on a 1/8 platform and all.
It definitely looks more durable than the old one. Hopefully the rest of the truck is as stout as the shocks. I'm not going to drop $400 on a truck only to have to get rid of it and lose half my money. I have a truck that I can race for now. We'll see
Old 03-13-2015, 04:32 PM
Tech Regular

As a current happy Durango owner, I too am interested in their newest offering!
Old 03-13-2015, 06:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BryanAZ
As a current happy Durango owner, I too am interested in their newest offering!
I admit that at first I was a bit sad to see that all my Durangos have been quietly discontinued all at once....

What to do with the "old" Durango models? It just so happens that today I converted my desc410 to a 2wd SC in anticipation of the new 4x4 SC.

I'll probably be the only one in the entire world to run a desc410 as a 2wd? Converting is quite literally the easiest thing to do in all the world. All you need to do is lock the center diff (there is a specially made diff locker piece, which I think came with the kit?) and remove the front diff and axles. No extra parts are needed, and nothing needs to be modified. Worried about the front axles? Just pull the pin that connects the drive shaft to the axle, and re-install the axle. Works like a charm!

I ran it outside for a couple minutes today, and it handles almost exactly the same as it did before, except now it turns better! I still have the Tekin pro4hd 4300 installed, which may be a little more power than I really need for 2wd? I did a few donuts of course, but it really wasn't that bad for controlability.

Maybe I'll get a smaller motor for it? Or if the desc10 has space for a 1/8 buggy motor...that would be fun, right?

I can't wait to test my creation against the made for purpose 2wd SC trucks at the local track!
Old 03-13-2015, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fredygump
I admit that at first I was a bit sad to see that all my Durangos have been quietly discontinued all at once....

What to do with the "old" Durango models? It just so happens that today I converted my desc410 to a 2wd SC in anticipation of the new 4x4 SC.

I'll probably be the only one in the entire world to run a desc410 as a 2wd? Converting is quite literally the easiest thing to do in all the world. All you need to do is lock the center diff (there is a specially made diff locker piece, which I think came with the kit?) and remove the front diff and axles. No extra parts are needed, and nothing needs to be modified. Worried about the front axles? Just pull the pin that connects the drive shaft to the axle, and re-install the axle. Works like a charm!

I ran it outside for a couple minutes today, and it handles almost exactly the same as it did before, except now it turns better! I still have the Tekin pro4hd 4300 installed, which may be a little more power than I really need for 2wd? I did a few donuts of course, but it really wasn't that bad for controlability.

Maybe I'll get a smaller motor for it? Or if the desc10 has space for a 1/8 buggy motor...that would be fun, right?

I can't wait to test my creation against the made for purpose 2wd SC trucks at the local track!
Keep us posted on how your converted "old truck" does as a 2wd. I'm anxious to know how it does against the other 2wd's at the track.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:33 PM
Tech Regular

They should start it at $449.99 with a set of rims but no body. Then drop it to $399 6 months later after all the early-adopters have paid their premium. 6 months after that offer a $99.99 "race kit" to Senton owners so they can get some DESC10v1 bling (and that racers could buy as a cheap spares pack). By that time they can pump out a 'v2' at $449 again... rinse and repeat...
Old 03-13-2015, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredygump

I ran my extra DESC410 truck as a 2wd last year. I was not able to put power down. Instant 180 on throttle at any speed with 4600 motor. However, I have not give up on it yet. Just got busy with going to races and ebuggy class. Will give it another go soon. I know it has potential. A true mild 2wd motor will be needed IMO. It does have the right amount of toughness a 2wd truck should have for a good starting platform. Let me know how your test goes.

The Desc410 is still winning 4wd classes on many tracks. Mine is perfected and I wont be letting it go after so many hours of R&D to get it that way. I run a bigger/heavier rig for big tracks but this one still has advantages on smaller tracks.

The new truck prototypes were tested for months about 2 years ago. It was not faster at that time. However, the move to a stronger truck is a step in the right direction. The missing link will be the driver that put the Rangos on the map to start with.

Who knows, this could be a winner right out of the gate. Sure looks promising.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Something to think about when comparing the durability of the desc410 to every other truck. When it came out, 4wd SC was a 1/10 class and was ran on 1/10 tracks. In that application as it was designed, its an incredible truck. Its super light and nimble and out turns anything out there on the smaller, smoother tracks. The class evolved into a 1/8 class which it wasn't made for and struggles in the wind, ruts and traffic, all stuff it wasn't made for. The new truck is built for the new era of the class and I'm sure it will be a fantastic truck. Being all new a manufacturing/durability issue wouldn't be unheard of, but it should be amazing.
Old 03-14-2015, 03:51 AM
Tech Addict

How much does this truck weigh? Any specs on it?
Old 03-14-2015, 05:39 AM
Tech Regular

How much does this truck weigh? Any specs on it?
It's a race version of the Senton, which weighs 3.6kg. But the Durango version doesn't look like it comes with the rollcage bits that ship with the ARRMA version:

...so maybe shave off 500g and guess it comes in around 3.1? The SCTE 2.0 and SCT410 come in around 3kg so the DESC10 will probably be about the same.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:24 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Keep us posted on how your converted "old truck" does as a 2wd. I'm anxious to know how it does against the other 2wd's at the track.
There was a guy who did this with the SC10 4x4 and it sounded like it worked well enough you had to factor in a more powerful motor so you wouldn't want it for a spec class though
Old 03-15-2015, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I wonder when this will be available?
Old 03-15-2015, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by platgof
I wonder when this will be available?

Off their website
"We are happy to confirm that the following all-new Team Durango kits are making their way to our global distributors now".
Old 03-15-2015, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

And if they are already shipped and on the way to distributors it should be 4 weeks or less depending on when they were actually shipped. 4 weeks or so is typical shipping lead time from China.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PetRock
It's a race version of the Senton, which weighs 3.6kg. But the Durango version doesn't look like it comes with the rollcage bits that ship with the ARRMA version:

...so maybe shave off 500g and guess it comes in around 3.1? The SCTE 2.0 and SCT410 come in around 3kg so the DESC10 will probably be about the same.
And I'm sure there are other lightweight parts that will reduce the weight of the Durango version as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.