Wiki Posts
Search

Team Durango new vehicules in 2015?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 11:38 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by St33v3
Honestly I don't care they don't have team drivers anymore.

Team drivers doesn't make me any faster on the track.

So you think team driver developed setup sheets and data won't make you any faster?
Old 02-01-2015, 12:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Socket
So you think team driver developed setup sheets and data won't make you any faster?

Not if you cant drive them setups i often found there to aggressive to handle . The only ones that are not are the base setups .

Honestly i don't see the big deal . You should learn how to tune it yourself and figure out what works for you .
Old 02-01-2015, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Not if you cant drive them setups i often found there to aggressive to handle . The only ones that are not are the base setups .

Honestly i don't see the big deal . You should learn how to tune it yourself and figure out what works for you .
I don't think necessarily the setup sheets are the biggest thing but the development of the car is what they'll miss out on.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
Exactly.

I always build the kit with the provided setup in the manual (which is always a good start) and setup my car according to the way I drive and the track I run on.

I don't drive like Mayfield, Drake or Tessman.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Having been an early adopter of the original DNX408 and DESC410R, all I can say, is thank god there were pro's on the team who helped. Without their knowledge and insight on what things work, what didn't, and what other things/parts could be used to help stop the bleeding in what was a tough buggy to drive, we would have all been as lost as a fart in the wind. Feel free to go back and read the beginnings of the DNX408 thread.

I'd put a pro setup on any of my cars over the manual. A pro setup is a good setup tailored to their driving style. Find what the car's doing, and back it down from there. A base manual setup is usually so far off the mark, it just takes too much effort to get right.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:26 PM
Tech Prophet

There is Travis A still at Durango right now racing im sure he has insight on what design and layout goes on with testing at least.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'm just saying. Why not keep it under one brand name? ->Durango<-
There is nothing wrong with making a RTR, But for me personally.
Why in the hell have 2 brands that are "in a nut shell" the same?
One brand (durango) is like or should be the thorough bread, and the other brand (arrma) is the "Tyco" Walmart bought brand.
Are they both saposed to be taken seriously? when both couldn't be any closer in similarity?
I mean, why not just have Tyco or Niko join the racing scene?
Maybe its just me, maybe I'm just looking too much into this and had held Durango to such high marks that I'm feeling betrayed cheap route they are taking.
Maybe I'm feeling cheated for waiting a year for these vehicals, when i could have just went to Tower Hobbies and bought its cheap RTR counter part.
I asuming this though, once you buy the "" new durango. don't expect to get half of what you paid for when you try to re-sell it after a couple races on it.
It will depreciate in value faster than most kits out there, once people put 2&2 together on ARRMA/Durango...
I'm not holding my breath for the DNX8 & 8T, I'm just moving on..
Old 02-01-2015, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcjunky1
So everyone is comparing it to the arrma car, what's wrong with that? The arrma was based on the race kit most likely to make it a better prototype to race with suspension parts being easy to make for those running the prototype cars. If you take a arrma car and race it, I'm sure it'll be competitive. All that said, they're a lot different
Someone's got it right

Why go to the troubles of making that easy access gearbox for an RTR? I mean, come on, it's cool but it's clearly a gearbox made for racing.

So I think it's more the ARRMA is a lower spec'd Durango, than the Durango a higher spec'd ARRMA. Which makes the ARRMA look good, don't you think?
Old 02-01-2015, 06:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

So? if everything is interchangeable between Arrma and Durango with no modification.
(that looks like it might be the case)
your just paying more in the end, for pretty much the same thing?
And everyone is fine with that??
wow? ok???
Old 02-01-2015, 06:31 PM
Tech Prophet

Nevermind .
Old 02-01-2015, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by H83R
So? if everything is interchangeable between Arrma and Durango with no modification.
wow? ok???
I fail to see the problem with that?

Everything is interchangeable between the MP9 and MP9 RTR. Yet they are very different cars, very differently priced. And yet you seem to have no issue with that? What difference does it make to you that the cars have different brand names? Maybe they want to keep Team Durango about racing only, and ARRMA about bashing only.

We get that you wanted alloy gearboxes. But why are you surprised and complaining about it now?

There were PLENTY of pictures (and a video interview with Ryan and the designer!) of the DNX8 from the Neo and Euros and other races. Ryan even made some videos to show how easy it is to remove the diffs on the DNX8. So it's not like they came out with this car without telling anyone.

What matters to me is on track performance, looks is a matter of personal opinion. If you don't like the way it looks, don't buy it, plain and simple.

At least now they're coming out with the cars. People complained before that there was no information about when they will be released, now you have the information, you see the car. You either like it and buy it, or you don't and buy something else.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TRF415boy

Everything is interchangeable between the MP9 and MP9 RTR. Yet they are very different cars, very differently priced. And yet you seem to have no issue with that? What difference does it make to you that the cars have different brand names? Maybe they want to keep Team Durango about racing only, and ARRMA about bashing only.

We get that you wanted alloy gearboxes. But why are you surprised and complaining about it now?

There were PLENTY of pictures (and a video interview with Ryan and the designer!) of the DNX8 from the Neo and Euros and other races. Ryan even made some videos to show how easy it is to remove the diffs on the DNX8. So it's not like they came out with this car without telling anyone.

What matters to me is on track performance, looks is a matter of personal opinion. If you don't like the way it looks, don't buy it, plain and simple.

At least now they're coming out with the cars. People complained before that there was no information about when they will be released, now you have the information, you see the car. You either like it and buy it, or you don't and buy something else.
You don't see Kyosho renaming their whole RTR line of vehicles under another manufacturer name.
you know its lower quality RTR of the racier version. why is durango have 2 companies creating the same thing? they pretty much collapse their racing team to save money, then have 2 different companies to sell the same thing?
under the same manufacturer?
Why not lower the price even further, combine both companies and make the price more apealing to the club racer? Since thats what there promoting anyway, even though prices haven't been released yet. I'm pretty sure the DNX8 will be priced right around the other race kits. Why not make it lower? since your getting one in the same thing with both vehicles anyway
Old 02-01-2015, 07:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRF415boy

+1

Still kinda digesting the pictures and mulling this all over....

TD isn't the small dynamic company they maybe used to be. They're big company now, its about sales, business & strategy. Less of the bleeding edge, risky designs.

Personally I think there is a demand for a RTR brand, and a Race brand; kinda like Losi and TLR. Strategically this kinda all makes sense, albeit in an a$$ backwards kinda way ...

But the way this is all happening and recent press is definitely tough for alot of us die hard TD fans to deal with...
Old 02-01-2015, 08:04 PM
Tech Prophet

I was going to mention losi and TLR do the samething .
Old 02-01-2015, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by H83R
wow? ok???
If you run 1/8 scale you do that anyways. 1/8 scale is the NASCAR of rc. They are all literally the exact same design. Look at their "variety". They are all 4wd. They are all shaft drive. They all have gear diffs. How many times can you redress something and convince people it's new?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.