Community
Wiki Posts
Search

22 vs B5 vs Dex210v2

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 09:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

well I made the purchase...I just ordered the B5M off Tower.
Old 02-08-2015, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well maybe Durango's new philosophy worked on me. Just bought 210v2 and 410v4 from Amain. They are just more interesting than the same 'ol Losi vs Associated debate.

I think 410v4 is a better option than 22-4 or B44.3. So wanted to match the 2wd for parts and wheels. I really liked the D413 but never in stock anywhere that I can find. HB has a great factory driver in Ty though.

Come on Durango I'm rooting for you! We don't need the pros!
Old 01-03-2016, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bambambennett
My take on this is a bit different. I have had multiple 22's, multiple B5's and soon will try the 210. Likes and dislikes as follows
TLR22
-Like the durability and part support
-Like the handling manners sometimes as MM
-Dislike the lean and hook of the RM, Using stiffer springs to eliminate causes the car to become inconsistent
-Really dislike the fact of a lot of extra money to invest to get the rear of the car to plant, this is caused from the crappy trans design putting the motor way too far forward in MM configuration
-Exotek or new TLR bell cranks are a must, the stock rack is crap

B5
-MM is too aggressive and snaps around sometimes, car seems inconsistent for my driving style
- HEAVY! Must spend a fortune on lighter parts for a MM for 17.5 blinky or the car is just a slug
-RM is really really good with easy driving manners
-RM is light
-RM makes a perfect 17.5 blinky racer
-while some can be very consistent with the MM B5, I prefer the RM

TD 210
Not sure yet. Just picked up a Durango SC truck for a bargain. I am going to play with this thing for a couple of weeks and if I like it I am going to get the 210 also. I have grown bored with my B5. My setup only needs a minor rear RC change from track to track now. Problem???? Yes, I like to tinker as much as I like to drive. As for parts, all these cars can have a good support but usually when someone breaks something at the track, someone else had broken the same part resulting in having to order the part anyway. I stock enough parts to almost build another car if needed,Minus chassis. Hobby shop owners aren't rich and they cannot stock 20 of everything. LOL

Hope this helps a little, its a little more descriptive of what my findings have been. Good luck. All these cars can win and are good.
Now I have had all 3. I am running a TLR 22 2.0 again, yet I miss my DEX210. I am not brand loyal and bounce around from brand to brand when I get bored with a certain car or class.After a bit of setup work( I never copy pro setups) the car was so comfortable to drive. I have ran all in blinky 17.5 and mod and find the DEX210 to be the best choice for 17.5 and the 22 2.0 for mod. I really enjoyed the manners of the Durango and really disliked the B5M but liked the RM. Gonna buy another DEX with my tax return. I run extremely high bite clay and tire choice is Proline Primes. Hunting for traction is not an issue at all, yet finding comfort and making the car a bit looser to eliminate traction rolling. I also ran MM3 on my DEX. As for wheels, that mod is so easy. B5 rear hexes and B5 front spindles assemblies(spindle, inserts,axles,bearings. Note, some material removal is nec on the bottom mount on the spindle to fit but everything else lines up perfectly). Hope this helps someone looking in the future.

Last edited by bambambennett; 01-03-2016 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Ive only owned the Dex210 V2 its not a bad buggy but i couldn't get enough Rear bite out of it on med traction clay though especially exiting turns . I have driven and raced two B5M that were not my. And it was a crazy difference loved it traction/easy to drive enough steering jumped great this was on Med traction clay.

On carpet though high or med traction with 4 or 3 gear mid motor i do like the Dex210V2 the inline layout works good on the tighter tracks/small. Where you need the steering and rotation .

This is with mod motor on both.