Community
Wiki Posts
Search

22 vs B5 vs Dex210v2

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I personally agree with Durango's position of no pro level team drivers. Would you rather have a company that has sponsored team drivers but doesn't get parts support out there or a company that has good parts support but no team drivers? They are refocusing their efforts and putting priority where it should be. Why pay a team driver when you can use that money to make product? Sometimes you need to take a step back to move forwards. As a company they progressed pretty quickly from one person tinkering around to a full company with a product line. Sometimes you can just go too fast and you miss simpler, more cost effective ways of doing things. You can get to a point where you are too vested in a system to change it which sticks you perpetually in an inefficient system that ultimately costs time and money. Their strategy is certainly a gamble. Will it work? How will customers respond to it? I personally see it as a good sign in the future of the company. I'd rather see them get the core business and manufacturing correct and then later go back to sponsorships rather than keep the sponsorships but slowly get run into the ground. As we can see, they've already hurt their image with past parts support issues. They seem to want to put priority on fixing that first and foremost. This is only a good thing.

Saying that, to get back on track, you may not like their car. You've got options. I've had a 210 for a while and I've gotten to know what I like and dislike about it. Keep in mind that it shares the exact same suspension geometry as the B5 so give it some consideration if for no other reason. I've also been strongly thinking about the 22 2.0 lately because they have taken a different approach to overall suspension geometry that the others haven't and their techniques align with my way of thinking. There are things I don't like about that car though. It's hard to give an exact answer to the original question of which car. They are all good and bad in their own ways. All of my 210 parts are purchased online. I'd do better locally with a Losi or Associated and even then only at 1 track. Sadly that track is 45 minutes away so if I needed parts but wasn't actually at the track, I'd probably order them anyways. If I were there all the time, what was available locally would have a huge impact on my decision. I can easily find Traxxas parts anywhere though but I'm not going to run their cars!
Old 01-06-2015, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I have the new stuff...the car still dances around on power in stock. It is not as planted as the B5M out of the box.
YGPM.

OP, between performance, budget and ease of work and tuning which one is the most important for you? Since you have local support for the first two brands and durability is roughly the same for all platforms I ruled those out but It's OK if you want to mention them.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
YGPM.

OP, between performance, budget and ease of work and tuning which one is the most important for you? Since you have local support for the first two brands and durability is roughly the same for all platforms I ruled those out but It's OK if you want to mention them.
The more I read the more it makes me what to look towards the b5 or B5m...Im a losi guy at Heart but im not sure that is direction I want to go with this buggy.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by barry1me
The more I read the more it makes me what to look towards the b5 or B5m...Im a losi guy at Heart but im not sure that is direction I want to go with this buggy.
Well with the TLR and the TD you have MM and RM in the box. With the B5 you have an all round buggy that is better in lower bite tracks and the B5m is better at high bite tracks. If you have setup support around you it just comes down to budget and if you like owning the buggy. I don't want to sway you any direction, read the first page of each thread(usually has a great amount of help and tips), see how much a set of rims, arms, a diff rebuild, spur gears and ball cups would cost you and think about it.
O almost forgot, batteries: I think only the TD and TLR can fit a regular stick pack(RM only for the TLR).
Old 01-06-2015, 02:54 PM
Tech Adept

My local track in Antioch Ca carries both but says the 22 is more popular there. But I could never leave anything stock, so in the end which one can be made best?
Old 01-06-2015, 03:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well with the TLR and the TD you have MM and RM in the box. With the B5 you have an all round buggy that is better in lower bite tracks and the B5m is better at high bite tracks. If you have setup support around you it just comes down to budget and if you like owning the buggy. I don't want to sway you any direction, read the first page of each thread(usually has a great amount of help and tips), see how much a set of rims, arms, a diff rebuild, spur gears and ball cups would cost you and think about it.
O almost forgot, batteries: I think only the TD and TLR can fit a regular stick pack(RM only for the TLR).

It sounds to me like a B5 or B5m is the way to go. Im going to try and find a clean used one.

battery is not a huge concern as I have 3 shorties on the way to my house as we speak.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:06 PM
Tech Prophet

No the Dex210V2 can fit shorty packs with no mods at all or a stick pack and saddle packs . Parts aren't to much money on the TD buggy than the others .
Old 01-06-2015, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

I'm a big durango supporter and have had the v1 and v2. Drove a few b5 and b5ms. Ran a 22 here and there. Best one I ran was a serpent srx2mm. That buggy was planted and went were i wanted it to go no questions asked. I ran a square pack and could not get it to lose traction. Really a buggy to consider IMHO
Old 01-06-2015, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by barry1me
It sounds to me like a B5 or B5m is the way to go. Im going to try and find a clean used one.

battery is not a huge concern as I have 3 shorties on the way to my house as we speak.
All are very competitive and I believe the TLR has hidden potential, how much not sure.
An used B5 will be cheaper, I went to the B/S/T forum and saw them and a couple of 22s
Old 01-06-2015, 04:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by socal23
I'm a big durango supporter and have had the v1 and v2. Drove a few b5 and b5ms. Ran a 22 here and there. Best one I ran was a serpent srx2mm. That buggy was planted and went were i wanted it to go no questions asked. I ran a square pack and could not get it to lose traction. Really a buggy to consider IMHO

I was really looking at the Serpent buggy but the price for the parts is to much for me. The price point is not bad at all for what you get and the quality.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
I was really looking at the Serpent buggy but the price for the parts is to much for me. The price point is not bad at all for what you get and the quality.
Most parts aren't any more expensive than the other brands mentioned here? Some of the hop ups are a little steep but none are necessary. I have 3 RMs (mine, my girlfriend's and my Daughter's) and have only ever broken one ball cup. We all crash a LOT.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain
I personally agree with Durango's position of no pro level team drivers. Would you rather have a company that has sponsored team drivers but doesn't get parts support out there or a company that has good parts support but no team drivers? They are refocusing their efforts and putting priority where it should be. Why pay a team driver when you can use that money to make product? Sometimes you need to take a step back to move forwards. As a company they progressed pretty quickly from one person tinkering around to a full company with a product line. Sometimes you can just go too fast and you miss simpler, more cost effective ways of doing things. You can get to a point where you are too vested in a system to change it which sticks you perpetually in an inefficient system that ultimately costs time and money. Their strategy is certainly a gamble. Will it work? How will customers respond to it? I personally see it as a good sign in the future of the company. I'd rather see them get the core business and manufacturing correct and then later go back to sponsorships rather than keep the sponsorships but slowly get run into the ground. As we can see, they've already hurt their image with past parts support issues. They seem to want to put priority on fixing that first and foremost. This is only a good thing.
I agree. Not having a pro team shouldn't be a necessity. In theory, it can work but they need to do something to address the number of racers leaving TD. When racers leave TD, tracks will also stop carrying parts. It's a vicious downhill spiral. The devil is in the details here.

If parts availability is plentiful now, that's great. They do need to hurry with those 5 promised new models though. At least announce what they are. Pictures would be nice.
Old 01-07-2015, 06:15 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by shagino
I agree. Not having a pro team shouldn't be a necessity. In theory, it can work but they need to do something to address the number of racers leaving TD. When racers leave TD, tracks will also stop carrying parts. It's a vicious downhill spiral. The devil is in the details here.

If parts availability is plentiful now, that's great. They do need to hurry with those 5 promised new models though. At least announce what they are. Pictures would be nice.

Yea but as long as there is a couple of online shops carrying the parts for them il keep my even though there strong models . The tracks i race at outdoor and indoor there was only a few guys who ran a Durango anyways that doesn't bother me though . Look at guys running Kyosho or Xray etc samething you don't see a lot of people running them at least where i race . I

Im thinking the new models will be out in March or so but on the Dex210V2 is going to be the same and honestly i don't know what other changes you can make to that one.

You just buy some spares just incase online .

Most shops only carry Losi, Associated, Mugen anyways .

Last edited by tc5 man; 01-07-2015 at 06:29 AM.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

I'd go through each of the threads for those kits and find the one that the conversation isn't constantly about trying to get the car to drive well.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:08 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by skeasor
I'd go through each of the threads for those kits and find the one that the conversation isn't constantly about trying to get the car to drive well.

I can agree on that . But i think that will always happen because everybody has a different driving style and the way they like it to handle . However if the tread of a certain buggy or truck has less pages that means most like the way it drives and handles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.