Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Key
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
I prefer to think of it as "forgiving".

The wheels do fit, though.
Thanks Turbo Joe. I wish the rest would fit though. I'm sure with a few modifications we can turn it into a zx-slash-5
Old 06-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Key
Tech Addict

A few pics of the 4WD 10 scale king :

Last edited by Key; 02-16-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Casper you posted your setup anywhere of what you are running in you sp. Just trying to find out if I am missing anything. Now looking for a rb5 too.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:45 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Kit setup with the following changes:

move the shock out one hole on the arms both front and rear. Blue rear spring if you have lots of traction at your track. I am running the center shaft one way. If you run all diffs then probably don't move the front shocks.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Guys,
I'm trying to put together all the parts I'll need for the SP and have a couple questions.
1. What is the part number for the center shaft one-way?
2. Are you running a one-way in the center shaft and on the front diff?
Thanks,
Greg
Old 06-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rcdave905
not sure if this has been asked before, so I will ask anyways.

I have the lazer zx5 sp edition car and love it.
It works great with the basic setup on the dirt tracks that I have tried it at, but when I tried it at our local indoor carpet track it became a handful to drive.
...The traction is awesome, but that may be a problem.
If I go into the corners a little too hard or fast the car tends to barrel roll from the traction. When I take a corner one of the front wheels come up off the ground as well.

Don't remember whether or not the sp kit came with front and rear sway bars or not, but a friend of mine with a zx5 non sp kit bought a Associated BJ4 sway bar kit and installed it on his car, and with some tweaking got it working pretty good...
rcdave
Same Problem I have been having. However, last night I changed to thinner oil front and rear, which resulted in a huge improvement. The rear sway bar also helped marginally. I would like to try a front sway bar additinally.
I might try caspers suggestion of reducing droop also, although I reckon this might lead to nasty chassis slap off the rather large jumps at my track.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

i just got the ajustible aluminum rear toe block, what inserts are used for the stock sp setting? also, what is the stock shock oil used in the sp?
Old 06-14-2008, 10:15 PM
Tech Prophet

The little manual that come with the hubs give you the stock settings.

I can't remember what they are right now. I think the back ones are E-E

I have them in my bag to put on the car on wed though. I will go open them up if you don't have your insert with them anymore.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

ok, i wasnt sure if what was printed on the paper was for the sp or standard.........what about the shock oil?
Old 06-14-2008, 10:26 PM
Tech Prophet

SP and standard have same standard toe in settings.

Oil--Kit is 400wt which is ~32.5 losi. I have been running that and it works great. Have not changed the oil in the shocks since I built the kit over 6 months ago!
Old 06-15-2008, 12:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have been running 30 losi in the back, with the stock oil up front, very nice. Was out-turning and accelerating B-44s tonight (all same skill level drivers), and missed the win from getting caught in lap traffic.
Dang, the SP is durable, took some really bad landings, rear-ended a few cars trying to get past about 6 people and so far I have only bent one turnbuckle, and broke one front arm that was my own fault for not putting the hinge pin retainer screws in and gave a leverage point for an easy break...
Old 06-15-2008, 02:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcdave905
not sure if this has been asked before, so I will ask anyways.

I have the lazer zx5 sp edition car and love it.
It works great with the basic setup on the dirt tracks that I have tried it at, but when I tried it at our local indoor carpet track it became a handful to drive.
I am using shumacker tires all around, with blues up front and gold in the back. The traction is awesome, but that may be a problem.
If I go into the corners a little too hard or fast the car tends to barrel roll from the traction. When I take a corner one of the front wheels come up off the ground as well.

Don't remember whether or not the sp kit came with front and rear sway bars or not, but a friend of mine with a zx5 non sp kit bought a Associated BJ4 sway bar kit and installed it on his car, and with some tweaking got it working pretty good.

So my question is what should I do? Can I buy sway bars front and rear from Kyosho for my car? Try thicker oil, harder springs?
Can I lower the center of gravity on the car?

The car worked so well outside that I thought I could just bring it inside and it would be great, but I need help.

Thanks in advance.
rcdave

Hi mate,

here in the UK most clubs run indoors on carpet for their midweek races so I think I can help you out ...... everybody who has driven my car has ordered an SP ready for the following week!!!

It's a little different from my outdoor setup, so much so that I have a spare pair of shocks in the box with the correct pistons / oils / springs.

Let me know if you have jumps in the track or not as that makes a difference too and I'll post you up a set up .... maybe PM an e-mail addy so I can send the set-up sheet.

As Casper says, low and stiff ......... of and run Yellow compound tires all round as the difference in tire construction between yellow and blue make them feel very different and mixing them on a 4wd car can be "interesting"
Old 06-15-2008, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

"The clamping wheel hubs are nice to have and very convient but not a must. If you are looking to get alum rear braces the Kyosho ones are better then the PN ones in that they are still alum but come with spacers to allow you to adjust the antisquat and toe in with inserts. A nice feature."

Casper, do you happen to have the part number for the rear braces you spoke about in the above quote? I can't seem to find them. Also, I can't seem to find any info on the center shaft one-way either.
Thanks,
G
Old 06-15-2008, 08:29 AM
Tech Adept

hey does anybody have a part no. for the kyosho rear aluminum toe plate? i have the aluminum anti squat and fron kickup plates but didnt know kyosho made a toe plate in aluminum. part no.?
Old 06-15-2008, 09:03 AM
Tech Prophet

The alum rear arm supports for the ZX-5 are LAW36 and LAW37.

You will need to purchase LA223 and LA224 for the center oneway.

I attached a picture of how it all goes together.
Attached Thumbnails kyosho electric offroad-shaft-oneway.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.