Wiki Posts
Search

kyosho electric offroad

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
You racing friday night ? do it up, it's gonna be great with the new layout.

what's your fastest lap ?
I might race Friday, I'm not sure yet.

I ran a 25.03 with the 2wd and a 24 flat with the 4wd. But they were the most inconsistent laps, I couldn't run more then three or four laps in a row without screwing up.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SQC049
I might race Friday, I'm not sure yet.

I ran a 25.03 with the 2wd and a 24 flat with the 4wd. But they were the most inconsistent laps, I couldn't run more then three or four laps in a row without screwing up.
I ran low 25's with both cars but was very consistant. Race friday i really think you will be a good amain competitor and bump some of the slow guys out who get in the way. Good luck passing its hard.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

I ran low 25's with both cars but was very consistant. Race friday i really think you will be a good amain competitor and bump some of the slow guys out who get in the way. Good luck passing its hard.
I want to race Friday, I just have to see how things work out. If not, I will be there on Sunday as always. I also have an X6 that I want to screw around with, but probably not until after Winter Heat.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:36 AM
Tech Champion

I want to race Friday, I just have to see how things work out. If not, I will be there on Sunday as always. I also have an X6 that I want to screw around with, but probably not until after Winter Heat.
x6's are bag's of doody. Booooo

Just got my KMC shock mount thingys and they match nice and are so bling bling. I didnt realize the ballstuds go in these and now i am alittle worried.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

x6's are bag's of doody. Booooo

Just got my KMC shock mount thingys and they match nice and are so bling bling. I didnt realize the ballstuds go in these and now i am alittle worried.
Well I figured I would give the X6 a try, just because it is something different.

What are you worried about with the ballstuds?
Old 01-10-2008, 08:59 AM
Tech Champion

Well I figured I would give the X6 a try, just because it is something different.

What are you worried about with the ballstuds?
I am just playing about the x-6 i saw one running yesterday.

I dont want them to break off in the aluminum. You think they will ?
Old 01-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

I am just playing about the x-6 i saw one running yesterday.

I dont want them to break off in the aluminum. You think they will ?
I think you will be alright. Just run longer studs if you are worried about it.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Tech Champion

I think you will be alright. Just run longer studs if you are worried about it.
think betts would have them ?
Old 01-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Got the conversion. I am going to pick up the velvet shocks for it and my RB on Friday.
Is LIR getting the velvet bodies in this week? Really would like to pick up a pair of rears for my RB5 and get rid of those plastic spacers I need to get the ride height right...
Old 01-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Gary NJ
Is LIR getting the velvet bodies in this week? Really would like to pick up a pair of rears for my RB5 and get rid of those plastic spacers I need to get the ride height right...
what plastic spacers are you talking about ? you dont use plastic spacers with the rb5.....

Glad i paid for my gold bodies already boiiii
Old 01-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

To get the proper ride height on the rear with both the light yellow and dark yellow springs I've had to add some of the plastic spring retainers that come on the plastic shock parts tree that you normally wouldn't use. When I asked Betts about it he said some of the springs he's gotten aren't long enough, even with the threaded spring retainer all the way down at the bottom of the threads. You need to add these plastic retainers as spacers to get the ride height. Depending on the batch, some springs are worse (meaning shorter) than others - my dark yellows are the worst. The velvet bodies have a lot more thread on them. So - do you know if they have the velvet bodies coming in this week?
Old 01-10-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

To get the proper ride height on the rear with both the light yellow and dark yellow springs I've had to add some of the plastic spring retainers that come on the plastic shock parts tree that you normally wouldn't use. When I asked Betts about it he said some of the springs he's gotten aren't long enough, even with the threaded spring retainer all the way down at the bottom of the threads. You need to add these plastic retainers as spacers to get the ride height. Depending on the batch, some springs are worse (meaning shorter) than others - my dark yellows are the worst. The velvet bodies have a lot more thread on them. So - do you know if they have the velvet bodies coming in this week?
Yes i i dunno how many are available because i already bought my set and think andrew got 2 sets, but go down on friday and see what they got. Why not flip the aluminum collar over temporarily or duble them up.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

I just doubled up on collars. I run the top one upside down. It gives me enough adjustment to get the ride height right.

I think Rob said he is getting 4 sets of velvet shocks, don't quote me on that though.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Thanks boyz! What I'm doing works, just doesn't look as pretty as it should, and the rest of the car is so nice
Old 01-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BillyCaldwell
Any of yall in the Cali area know when amain or speedtech will have sp arms and castor blocks forsale? The last I checked last night they didnt.
As fas as I know, Jeff has has the spares on order since before the car came out...he got the conversion in, but no individual spares. I'm most likely just going to pick up a conversion kit tomorrow for spares. About the only item I can't see myself using is the rear CVD bones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.