Community
Wiki Posts
Search

kyosho electric offroad

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 05:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Greenbandit
Just wanted to say that I got my order from RCKenon. Excellent service and fast shipping! Thanks Kenon.
Thank you your business, i hope you enjoy our service and our parts.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:38 PM
Tech Adept

Anybody else having trouble keeping the oil in their shocks? Just rebuilt all of them last week, and it only took 3 runs to bleed out about 1/4 of each shock. I can't really tell if the oil is seeping from the shaft area or where the cartridge screws into the body.

I broke a rear front hinge pin brace Saturday after I clipped a rather stout steel beam on the straightaway. I thought my raceday was over since nobody had an extra ( mount BR ). Luckily enough the front mount ( C,I believe ) fit right in its place. The front brace seems to have a bit more anti-squat built into it, but otherwise worked flawlwssly. Just thought I would pass this on in case anyone else found themselves in this position.

It also looks as though the rear brace that controls the toe-in would work on the front of the car just in case anyone would want to try the 1.5 toe block on the front. I actually ordered the 1.5 front from rc kenon, but it might be a cheaper solution to at least test with the stock one first.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I did mine last week also. Front one were ok. Both rears were low. One was empty and the other about 1/4 full. They both were loose at the body. I will check them thisa week sometime.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarbonWorks
Anybody else having trouble keeping the oil in their shocks? Just rebuilt all of them last week, and it only took 3 runs to bleed out about 1/4 of each shock. I can't really tell if the oil is seeping from the shaft area or where the cartridge screws into the body.

Nope. not at all... i still havent rebuilt my shocks from the initial buildup of the car

I have put somewhere between 50 and 80 battery packs through it since and they still are silk smooth and oly squeak a little from a tad bit of air... I did replace the oil once, but its been about 60% of the life of the car on the last fill...
Old 04-17-2006, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nutfluff
I'm not going up there. It was hard enough waking up that early just to go to SoCal...I also had a brutal first round!!! I didn't even stay for my mains. (Don't ask.)

I don't anticipate the battery problem since I'll be running the Lipo!!!!!

Oh and stay away from Bruce if you can he'll chew your ear off in the pits and chew your car up on the track.

Erik - I can't do wed or fri because I work in Hollywood and the drive is brutal!!!! I'll be able to hit those days in July and Aug when I have some time off!!! I also just ordered Tony's Screws. They are hex screws right!?!?!?!

Cool... see you in the summer then... u only race sundays otherwise?

The Tony's Screws kit is hex. 12.9 grade steel i believe...

Which lipo, and have you purchased it yet? I might be able to save you some money
Old 04-17-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

When I screw the cartridge into the body, I don't feel the rubber o-ring compressing like I do on other shocks I've built. It just screws in until it stops, and I cant turn it any tighter with a small wrench. I wonder if that is normal?
Old 04-17-2006, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

When I screw the cartridge into the body, I don't feel the rubber o-ring compressing like I do on other shocks I've built. It just screws in until it stops, and I cant turn it any tighter with a small wrench. I wonder if that is normal?

thats what mine felt like.. make sure u get it nice and tight though... i did have one loosen on me and spill all of the oil...

also, use Green slime during assembly...
Old 04-17-2006, 07:40 PM
Tech Adept

I don't know, but I had problems with all 4 of mine leaking from where the cartridge meets the bottom of the shock. It's been a pain trying to get Kyosho replacement o-rings so I tried the AE o-rings that go on the top of their shocks to seal the cap. They are a bit bigger in diameter and get squeezed slightly as the cartridge bottoms out against the shock body. I haven't run it since switching, but before the oil was leaking out around the cartridges just sitting at rest on the floor and now they are bone dry after a couple of weeks. Have to get around to running it to see if it's worked completely.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:53 PM
Tech Adept

Ya, the more I look at them it seems to be coming from the junction of the body and cartridge where they screw together. I think I'll rob the o-rings from my TC4 and give that a try. Sounds like a good idea. Thanks
Old 04-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

use the stockers, but try it this time WITH GREEN SLIME
Old 04-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

I also put the Kyosho W6006 shock bladders in the shocks. I think they are way smoother with them in. I didn't change any of the shaft settings and I hear the rears will hit the bladders stock, so we'll see. Let us know how the AE o-rings work fo ya. I'm curious since I haven't run it since.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

My TC-4 o-rings are trashed. I left the originals in and tightened extra tight. I dont have ant green slime, or I would give that a try too.

Time will tell.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

My TC-4 o-rings are trashed. I left the originals in and tightened extra tight. I dont have ant green slime, or I would give that a try too.

Time will tell.

Green slime is a MUST for having. you should use it every time you assemble the shocks... cheap stuff and works awesome.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Tech Adept

Killer89-What brushless motor did you get , and have you had any issues with your spektrum? I just ordered a Sphere Comp and a Novak 6.5. Lots of guys around here have locked up their Lrp's. But then again, alot of guys havent had any isuues at all. Seems like many are complaining about their spektrum going to failsafe with even the 2-star. I'm hoping the capacitor plug in will prevent any isuues for me. Looks pretty snug. Tired of brushes.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ya gotta use the GREEN SLIME!!!!!!

Erik - Already got the Orion Lipo. I get my stuff from my LHS pretty much at cost!!! You go on Sundays don't ya??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.