Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree104Likes

Yokomo YZ-4

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

So far great news regarding Jason Grimes custom slipper. Lee Martin is using at EOS and has reported awesome results. I know many do not like FB however if you would like to get more detailed info. on how it's performing as well as placing orders go to YZ2/YZ4 open FB page. Currently JG is sold out but will be producing more. There will be a lot of more experiences/thoughts shared soon as there is a very good amount of people whom will be receiving theirs soon.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

i contacted grimes on the book to buy one. i'll have to get one and check it out.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LOW ET
i contacted grimes on the book to buy one. i'll have to get one and check it out.

Awesome! I got 2 coming if you would like I could send you one of mine thus you could replace when yours is ready. Of course this is if you did not get one from the first run. I am not positive but pretty sure Lee had his installed during last weekends EOS. His car looked great and believe he had the 2nd fastest lap time, thus it did not appear he experienced any belt skip etc.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

lee's car did look great!

i did not get in on the 1st batch so i gotta wait for the next one

i hoped to get on a waiting list or something but he said he'll post on the book when he has more. i hope he dont sell out again before i see his post.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

lee's car did look great!

i did not get in on the 1st batch so i gotta wait for the next one

i hoped to get on a waiting list or something but he said he'll post on the book when he has more. i hope he dont sell out again before i see his post.
If you would like I can send you one of mine. I ordered 2 from the first batch, thus you could replace the one I would send you. I imagine I will receive them later this week as JG is most likely working in them as we speak.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I'm gonna give ball diffs a go in my YZ-4. I have a pair of original YZ-2 ball diffs that I'll throw in. Anybody go that route and know if they require shimming?

Don't want to open things up and see that I'm short on shims. Thanks.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OriginalDonk
I'm gonna give ball diffs a go in my YZ-4. I have a pair of original YZ-2 ball diffs that I'll throw in. Anybody go that route and know if they require shimming?

Don't want to open things up and see that I'm short on shims. Thanks.
You may need a shim but you may not. You want a little side to side play thus you don't want it shimmed to the point where diff does not have any side to side movement.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Norse
So far great news regarding Jason Grimes custom slipper. Lee Martin is using at EOS and has reported awesome results. I know many do not like FB however if you would like to get more detailed info. on how it's performing as well as placing orders go to YZ2/YZ4 open FB page. Currently JG is sold out but will be producing more. There will be a lot of more experiences/thoughts shared soon as there is a very good amount of people whom will be receiving theirs soon.

I don't use FB so, does anyone have pictures or a procedure in doing the Jason Grimes slipper MOD. I heard you can do the mod yourself. Thanks
Old 03-23-2017, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

I was thinking of doing the same, the pictures are there on facebook but i'm not sure if there milling the pulley or if the pulley is 2 piece and the center is pressed into where the pin rides.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 2dialed
I was thinking of doing the same, the pictures are there on facebook but i'm not sure if there milling the pulley or if the pulley is 2 piece and the center is pressed into where the pin rides.
JG slipper uses the spec one piece slipper/pulley in which he is milling out the pulley. He is also including a crunch spacer per the layshaft at I believe 17mm thus installed on layshaft between the motor mount bulkhead and layshshaft bulkhead layshaft bearings. (I believe it is to decrease stress on the slippers layshaft which intern helps eleviate stress on all the pulleys. I believe the thrust washer is thinner than the prototype thus allowing for the use of thin aluminum pulley collar behind. (Lots of YZ4 owners have added the thin aluminum pulley between the slipper pulley and outer layshaft bearing located on the layshaft bulkhead brace, thus to eliminate the side to side layshaft/slipper assembly play. This allows for a consistent pinion to spur mesh, eliminates the belt from walking which no worries about the belt rubbing against the layshaft bulkhead). JG slippper not only is going to improve performance, drivability, eliminate belt skip/snap on power wether transitioning down a jump or just hard on power also allows one to tune further with slipper pads, the system really takes a lot of stress of the whole drive line, hence pulleys, topshafts, IDLER gears. I have heard from some whom have been using JG's cust slipper that it is simply amazing, easier to drive, ass planted without the need for a bunch of added weight etc, etc. can't wait to receive mine and run. Will post pics when I receive as it should be very soon.
Old 03-24-2017, 08:13 AM
Tech Adept

the stock pulley seems to be out of stock, I suspect Jason and lee martin for that but it might not take long for yokomo to make their own version. you might be able to send your old pulley to Jason and have it milled if u don't have an end mill the right size
Old 03-24-2017, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 2dialed
the stock pulley seems to be out of stock, I suspect Jason and lee martin for that but it might not take long for yokomo to make their own version. you might be able to send your old pulley to Jason and have it milled if u don't have an end mill the right size
I believe some people have sent their pulley to Jason.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:55 AM
Tech Adept

Default rear bumper

what is everyone using for a rear bumper once you install the optional rear hanger?

Will this (Z2-001B) fit?
Old 03-27-2017, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

i have all options on my car and the rear bumper fits fine
Old 03-27-2017, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

i have all options on my car and the rear bumper fits fine
Low ET is correct as I as well have all the options on both my YZ4's in which the kit rear bumper fits perfa. If you want something different or looking for extra protection TBONE Racing makes a rear skid/bumper that attaches to the chassis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.