Search
Like Tree104Likes

Yokomo YZ-4

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 05:11 PM
Tech Adept

Default Yokomo YZ-4

Discuss...

With the announcement of the YZ-2 and, what looks like the shutting down of the bmax name, will we see a YZ-4 in time for the Worlds?
Old 12-13-2014, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I doubt it will shut down the bmax name. If you read the Team Yokomo Japan website, I feel the yz2 does not sound like it will not work very on loose tracks. If you see anything, I would expect a center diff kit to come available for the bmax4.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by WillS
I doubt it will shut down the bmax name. If you read the Team Yokomo Japan website, I feel the yz2 does not sound like it will not work very on loose tracks. If you see anything, I would expect a center diff kit to come available for the bmax4.
And maybe they will make a YZ-2R. To be fair, my bmax2 rear car is awesome, but i think they will move the line onto the new YZ range.

I'm not so sure we'll see any new developments for the BMAX4 iii line. I think we'll see it move on to include the new shocks and black anodised parts, and perhaps options for centre diff and slipper. Sure it may share common parts, and I hope diffs, given I've just bought a pair of bmax4iii ball diffs. I feel they have to move away from the off-centre driveline though. My bmax4iii shaft pins and cups wear out fast.

Last edited by neallewis; 12-14-2014 at 05:25 AM.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If your shafts are wearing out, you have an issue in the drivetrain. I would check through the car and see if without a motor meshed up if it spins freely. If not I would check into everything for why you have bind.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Amain has a new BMAXIII Factory kit available for preorder.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

word is that there won't be anymore evolution's coming for the bmax2 mr's. who knows if they're working on something new for both 2wd and 4wd?
Old 12-14-2014, 01:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I dont't think we will see a new 4wd but some updates. The new shock package from the YZ car will be bolted on.
Maybe some updated towers with revised geometry?
Not sure what else to do. the car is really good.
Maybe a centre diff. The new rc10B443 with centre diff is really good. it makes the car really easy to drive fast (apparently).

if they could get more rear droop into it without the drive shafts either binding on up travel or falling out in down travel that would be nice.
Old 12-14-2014, 05:29 AM
Tech Adept

If your shafts are wearing out, you have an issue in the drivetrain. I would check through the car and see if without a motor meshed up if it spins freely. If not I would check into everything for why you have bind.
No, you missed the point. The Propshaft pins and cups wear because of the off centre design of the motorpod. If the driveline was centred, there would be less wear, but its off-centre to balance weight. My car spins very free and is very well maintained.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:45 PM
Tech Adept

deleted

Last edited by neallewis; 01-15-2015 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Subscribed..
Old 02-21-2015, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by neallewis
No, you missed the point. The Propshaft pins and cups wear because of the off centre design of the motorpod. If the driveline was centred, there would be less wear, but its off-centre to balance weight. My car spins very free and is very well maintained.
I would not contribute the wear to the offset driveline, as most 1/8 scale cars have the same setup and don't experience any accelerated wear due to a couple of degrees of angle on the shafts.

More than likely a material issue. There was a string of fast wearing outdrives awhile back on the 2wd car just due to a steel that was too soft. I'd look at whatever part is actually wearing and see if it is possible too soft.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:54 PM
Tech Regular

Looks like this car is all but confirmed then, barring a disaster at the worlds. Belt drive as well, might be my first Yoke, will wait and see what Schumacher come up with first though.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...=160862&page=2

One model shop in the UK is already advertising it, and this shop has good links with Yokomo and probably responsibly for the makes resurgence in the UK. Looks like November/December release.

http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...buggy-kit.html
Old 08-01-2015, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by neallewis
My car has been driven hard for months and there is virtually zero wear on mine..... my experience with the materials wearing on the bmax4 III have been nothing short of excellence.
Old 08-20-2015, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Not having owned a Yok in the past and smitten with my YZ-2 anybody want to speculate on why they're moving to a belt driven car for the YZ-4?

I happened to pit across from Cavalieri last week and got a glimpse of the new B54. Looks like the shaft/belt break down is essentially:

Shaft
-AE
-Kyosho
-XRay XB5
-Hot Bodies D413
-Durango DEX410
-Yokomo BMax4
-SWorkz S104 EVO
-Hobby Pro SB401

Belt
-TLR 22-4
-Schumacher K1 Aero
-Yokomo YZ-4
-Serpent Spyder SRX-4

Pretty crowded market given how few wheelers I see racing. I see a lot of beautiful pit ornaments at the moment.
Old 08-20-2015, 06:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OriginalDonk
Not having owned a Yok in the past and smitten with my YZ-2 anybody want to speculate on why they're moving to a belt driven car for the YZ-4?

I happened to pit across from Cavalieri last week and got a glimpse of the new B54. Looks like the shaft/belt break down is essentially:

Shaft
-AE
-Kyosho
-XRay XB5
-Hot Bodies D413
-Durango DEX410
-Yokomo BMax4
-SWorkz S104 EVO
-Hobby Pro SB401

Belt
-TLR 22-4
-Schumacher K1 Aero
-Yokomo YZ-4
-Serpent Spyder SRX-4

Pretty crowded market given how few wheelers I see racing. I see a lot of beautiful pit ornaments at the moment.
Maybe in your part of the world there are not many 4wds racing but in other parts they are very popular. Where I race they are far more popular than 2wds.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.