Like Tree104Likes

Yokomo YZ-4

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 02:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
Prices down under must be rediculous, amain in the states has them on pre order for $459 usd. The xray is on pre order for the same.
Actually Yokomo prices in Australia are not inflated at all. For example, a YZ2 in Australia retails for 500AUD which is 360USD.
http://www.hootrc.com.au/index.php?r...roduct_id=2913

I have not seen any store in Australia list a price I can purchase a YZ4 as far as I have seen, so all the "prices" which are being quoted for this new kit for Australia is pure speculation at this point.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Originally Posted by mocky
Actually Yokomo prices in Australia are not inflated at all. For example, a YZ2 in Australia retails for 500AUD which is 360USD.
http://www.hootrc.com.au/index.php?r...roduct_id=2913

I have not seen any store in Australia list a price I can purchase a YZ4 as far as I have seen, so all the "prices" which are being quoted for this new kit for Australia is pure speculation at this point.
The $850 price tag in Australia is not speculation i spoke to the distributor my self and till now he has not ordered any yz4 kits as he feels he can't compete, he actually asked yokomo how can he compete with some one like amain when they sell the kit for less than he buys it wholesale, and yokomo's answer was when you order as many kits as amain we will be more than happy to give you there price, in other words one hobby shop in America buys more yokomo kits than the actual Australian distributor buys for all of australia which is a clear indication of how small the Australian hobby industry is, these are his words, and its fair enough i am a big believer in support your LHS but when you can get a kit from amain for $700 delivered to your door why would you pay an extra $150 to get it locally, and as mentioned $850 is not speculation it is based of what his whole sale price is, and again his words not mine, any one in Australia is free to contact him and here it for them selves.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OriginalDonk
Looks like the YZ-4 is a week out according to A-Main and a few of the European websites. Looking forward to hear how the build goes and how it likes high bite clay.
Just saw where it slipped. Still interested in seeing race reports, but the ZX-6 is already dialed, and ballistic.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
Just saw where it slipped. Still interested in seeing race reports, but the ZX-6 is already dialed, and ballistic.
The zx6 is a sweet ride indeed but once you add in all the option parts needed (at least for me and the super high bite i.e. gear diffs) it's easily just as expensive.... and being that I own both a BMax4 and an RB6 I am confident the yz4 will be just as good quality. Tie in the belt drive and the way they drive i.e. the extra stability due to the angular momentum of the belt drive and that it's a 3 gear tranny with no ring and pinion I feel the yz4 will be very competitive, it will wear well and be very high quality...
Old 11-04-2015, 12:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by HSV427
The $850 price tag in Australia is not speculation i spoke to the distributor my self and till now he has not ordered any yz4 kits as he feels he can't compete, he actually asked yokomo how can he compete with some one like amain when they sell the kit for less than he buys it wholesale, and yokomo's answer was when you order as many kits as amain we will be more than happy to give you there price, in other words one hobby shop in America buys more yokomo kits than the actual Australian distributor buys for all of australia which is a clear indication of how small the Australian hobby industry is, these are his words, and its fair enough i am a big believer in support your LHS but when you can get a kit from amain for $700 delivered to your door why would you pay an extra $150 to get it locally, and as mentioned $850 is not speculation it is based of what his whole sale price is, and again his words not mine, any one in Australia is free to contact him and here it for them selves.
I bought one from overseas. $629 Aud landed
Old 11-08-2015, 01:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

subscribed.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

anyone over sea's have the yz4 yet ? ....ETA for Amain is the 12th !!! woot woot!!
Old 11-08-2015, 05:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rkhess
anyone over sea's have the yz4 yet ? ....ETA for Amain is the 12th !!! woot woot!!
I don't think so, apart from the peeps like Lee Martin, I've not heard of anyone saying its here. We're not supposed to get it until about the same time as you.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

I wish amain had a comprehensive parts listing of the yz-4, I'd like to add all the yz-2 compatible parts to my yz4...
Old 11-08-2015, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by symmetricon
I wish amain had a comprehensive parts listing of the yz-4, I'd like to add all the yz-2 compatible parts to my yz4...
Here is the parts/option list

http://teamyokomo.com/news/order_she..._yz4_parts.pdf
Old 11-08-2015, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I think MB models has YZ4 parts listed and pictured
Old 11-09-2015, 02:57 AM
Tech Elite

The zx6 is a sweet ride indeed but once you add in all the option parts needed (at least for me and the super high bite i.e. gear diffs) it's easily just as expensive.... and being that I own both a BMax4 and an RB6 I am confident the yz4 will be just as good quality. Tie in the belt drive and the way they drive i.e. the extra stability due to the angular momentum of the belt drive and that it's a 3 gear tranny with no ring and pinion I feel the yz4 will be very competitive, it will wear well and be very high quality...
I'm messing with the gear diffs in it now. Pretty much just threw in 10k front, 7k rear, and its near perfect. Option parts? I added O-rings, had 0 degree aluminum hubs already, and some springs. I have no doubt that it will be good, but with the car as it is now out of the box, I would want to throw some metal at it to make it more tunable. The thing that really sucks to me, is the plastic rear suspension, and camber block parts. Just makes the car look cheap to me.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:02 AM
Tech Elite

0 degree rear hubs by the options list. That's not a lot. Glad I kept a spare pair, in case I do get this car.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
I'm messing with the gear diffs in it now. Pretty much just threw in 10k front, 7k rear, and its near perfect. Option parts? I added O-rings, had 0 degree aluminum hubs already, and some springs. I have no doubt that it will be good, but with the car as it is now out of the box, I would want to throw some metal at it to make it more tunable. The thing that really sucks to me, is the plastic rear suspension, and camber block parts. Just makes the car look cheap to me.
I'm not disagreeing with you, at least yokomo parts are cheap, I already have the rear hubs and aluminum 15° caster blocks... just need rear hangers, front kick up block and some steering bits....
Old 11-09-2015, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

I'm not disagreeing with you, at least yokomo parts are cheap, I already have the rear hubs and aluminum 15° caster blocks... just need rear hangers, front kick up block and some steering bits....
Neither am I. if the car is better i'll have one faster then you can say overnight shipping lol... I just wish the trim level was up to what comes standard on the ZX-6. The track owner where I go to practice and tune is a Kyosho guy so parts for me are cheap. I also just looked on AMain and they have slipped til the end of the month.

Last edited by jpcopeland1; 11-09-2015 at 10:28 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.