Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree485Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2021, 01:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lexusbest
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1
  • Long specification for dirt Main chassis Inheriting the chassis cut of dirt specification, it is longer with the same wheelbase as CAL3.
  • Aluminum front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTM2B F2 body.
  • JConcepts ASTRO High Clearance 7inch Wing.
Features for the lastest specification YZ-2CAL3.1
  • Long specification main chassis for carpets. Long wheelbase that enables even higher speeds.
  • Steel front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTMBL S2 Lightweight body.
  • Z2-CAL2W LMR Wing.
Common features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1 / YZ-2CAL3.1
  • The conventional position and the position of the suspension arm pin 1 mm higher can be selected on the front and back of the front suspension mount.
  • Bulkhead integrated side plate with increased rigidity.
  • The kingpin position has been changed with the new steering hub carrier, the axle position has been lengthened by 1 mm, and a steering stopper has also been added.
  • Battery holder that is easy to adjust according to the height of the battery.
  • Separate the rear mount base and upper arm holder to increase the flex around the rear and improve traction.
  • Z2-018-5 5-hole shock mounting specification Rear shock tower.
  • S4-S1S 3.0mm shaft specification front shock.
  • S4-S1M 3.0mm shaft specification rear short shock.
  • S4-008R5B L5 / LD Rear suspension arm (Φ3.5 pin).
  • Z2-01069 Rear universal shaft (69mm bone).

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

CAL3 manual
DTM3 manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 06:37 PM
Tech Adept

Looks like Shin is now testing the YZ-2 on dirt:

...from his Facebook Page.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:37 PM
mes
Tech Elite

Yes, he'll be at the RC Champ clay track on Monday, part two of Yokomo's YZ-2 pre-release introduction tour. I am still not convinced that the YZ-2 will be great on dusty Euro-style dirt tracks (those Panther Swith 2.0 tires would not work hereabouts), but on black/blue-groove tracks it should be brilliant.

Manual online.

Last edited by mes; 12-29-2014 at 12:23 AM.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Old 12-29-2014, 02:30 PM
Tech Rookie

The best price in Europe is here!
http://www.asia-racing-team.com/shop...omo-c-655.html
Old 12-29-2014, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

Originally Posted by mes
Yes, he'll be at the RC Champ clay track on Monday, part two of Yokomo's YZ-2 pre-release introduction tour. I am still not convinced that the YZ-2 will be great on dusty Euro-style dirt tracks (those Panther Swith 2.0 tires would not work hereabouts), but on black/blue-groove tracks it should be brilliant.

Manual online.

So I sold my B5m. Partly because I needed the money, but also in anticipation of this little gem

My opinion.

I think this thing is either going to be absolutely brilliant on clay tracks, or it will be terrible. I've got my fingers crossed for brilliant

I race stock (17.5) buggy on high bite clay. I'm very very curious to see a video or read reviews on how it's doing on U.S. style indoor clay tracks. Anyone know where I could get this info?

Also, am I waisting my time looking at this buggy? Should I be looking at the bmax instead?
Old 12-29-2014, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wstuart
So I sold my B5m. Partly because I needed the money, but also in anticipation of this little gem

My opinion.

I think this thing is either going to be absolutely brilliant on clay tracks, or it will be terrible. I've got my fingers crossed for brilliant

I race stock (17.5) buggy on high bite clay. I'm very very curious to see a video or read reviews on how it's doing on U.S. style indoor clay tracks. Anyone know where I could get this info?

Also, am I waisting my time looking at this buggy? Should I be looking at the bmax instead?
There are none that I am aware of being ran in the US at the moment. I am high on the preorder list and can give you insight as to how it will work on indoor clay as I race at Outback Raceway. I am with you as far as it will be great or bad on high bite clay. I love my bmax2 v3 for clay at the moment. You really cant go wrong with that car. I mainly race prostock 17.5 and am considering selling my mod car (v3 as well) and just having the yz2 and v3 to do back to back testing with to see which one will be the car I run at stock nats. If your interested we might be able to work out a deal on that car. These cars are just as good as the b5m if not better (I switched to a b5m to see and went back to a yok cause it feels more stable, is lighter(1546 with all aluminum pieces) and is just as strong as the b5m).
Old 12-29-2014, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by WillS
There are none that I am aware of being ran in the US at the moment. I am high on the preorder list and can give you insight as to how it will work on indoor clay as I race at Outback Raceway. I am with you as far as it will be great or bad on high bite clay. I love my bmax2 v3 for clay at the moment. You really cant go wrong with that car. I mainly race prostock 17.5 and am considering selling my mod car (v3 as well) and just having the yz2 and v3 to do back to back testing with to see which one will be the car I run at stock nats. If your interested we might be able to work out a deal on that car. These cars are just as good as the b5m if not better (I switched to a b5m to see and went back to a yok cause it feels more stable, is lighter(1546 with all aluminum pieces) and is just as strong as the b5m).
The car has just beem shipped locally in Japan today. First test run of product. production runs for export (to Europe and US) are ongoing and will leave Japan in the new year. ship date to Europe is still the 9th Jan.

Designer Shin Adachi was running the first car on clay in Japan on 29th Dec. waiting for Japanese reports/photos, and will report.

Car looks to be lighter and leaner than bmax 2 v3. looking at the weight bias options it should work well on high bite clay as well as astro and medium traction tracks. I'm looking to test mine on indoor low to medium traction tracks initially, certainly lower traction than damp clay.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

I think with the right tires, and the right track conditions it will be fine on clay, just as the Cougar KF with the right conditions is just fine. Just like everyone said the 22 would not work in mid-motor because of the gearbox, and look at it now.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
I think with the right tires, and the right track conditions it will be fine on clay, just as the Cougar KF with the right conditions is just fine. Just like everyone said the 22 would not work in mid-motor because of the gearbox, and look at it now.
This is true but look at how much weight was needed on the rear to make the 22 work...
Old 12-29-2014, 08:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by WillS
This is true but look at how much weight was needed on the rear to make the 22 work...
Half a Nike......
Old 12-29-2014, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

And it's dialed... Hehe
In stock it doesn't need any weight. I think there will be no problems with the Yok either.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
And it's dialed... Hehe
In stock it doesn't need any weight. I think there will be no problems with the Yok either.
When I sold my 22 2.0 to go to a yokomo bmax2 it was easily a .5 second a lap picked up with the switch. The 22 (for the surfaces I race on) was never consistent and made racing very frustrating. The yokomo (to me) has been easy to adjust to all surfaces. This new one will be interesting to play around with.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Manual:
http://www.teamyokomo.com/download/m..._201412_v1.pdf
Old 12-30-2014, 07:28 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ironsylvain
Very nice, thank you Sylvain!
Old 12-30-2014, 02:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default here are some battery layout shots.

here they are! I'm pretty pumped for this new car. I race at Outback raceway which is a high bite clay track.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo YZ-2-yz.jpg   Yokomo YZ-2-yz1.jpg   Yokomo YZ-2-yz2.jpg   Yokomo YZ-2-yz3.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.