R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Yokomo YZ-2 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/851573-yokomo-yz-2-a.html)

sickpuppy1 02-25-2018 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by PorTX (Post 15167402)
Kinda baffled with the YZ2. Ran my car when I first got it (DTM with gullwing arms, tower and gear) and it pushed with one brand of front tire. Lowered the ride height and switched to a different brand of tire and got it working good. I did not make any changes and the track (carpet) did not change. Go out to race today with the same setup and it pushed like a freight train. Throw on a brand new set of tires that worked before and checked the ride height. Still pushes like a freight train. Tried 2 other front sets of different tires and still could not get the car to corner.

And just because I'm a butt-head, freight trains actually handle like they're "on rails!"

Cain 02-25-2018 06:29 AM

Kinda baffled with the YZ2. Ran my car when I first got it (DTM with gullwing arms, tower and gear) and it pushed with one brand of front tire. Lowered the ride height and switched to a different brand of tire and got it working good. I did not make any changes and the track (carpet) did not change. Go out to race today with the same setup and it pushed like a freight train. Throw on a brand new set of tires that worked before and checked the ride height. Still pushes like a freight train. Tried 2 other front sets of different tires and still could not get the car to corner.

I would confirm any binding.

Also, in our area I find I need to clean my tires (simple green works well) to give the rubber a refresh since it can get pretty dry here. If you have your tires sit out and its dry air it could be they dried out some.

Originally Posted by sickpuppy1 (Post 15167502)
And just because I'm a butt-head, freight trains actually handle like they're "on rails!"

LOL

PorTX 02-25-2018 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by sickpuppy1 (Post 15167502)

Well I would have said snow plowed, but half the people would have no idea what a snow plow is. Plus I wasn’t running over cars like snow plows do sometimes....lol

G_WORD 02-25-2018 12:05 PM

I'm selling my DTM World Championship edition if anybody is interested here is the link

https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-ite...-wc-237-a.html

urnotevenwrg2 02-25-2018 06:05 PM

I figured you guys might be able to answer a question. I might be ordering some stuff from Mibosport. How are they on shipping times to the U.S.?

Thanks

MarkA 02-25-2018 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by urnotevenwrg2 (Post 15168126)
I figured you guys might be able to answer a question. I might be ordering some stuff from Mibosport. How are they on shipping times to the U.S.?

Thanks

60 hours to most of the U.S.
I've gotten stuff from them faster than Amain...

arydstedt 02-27-2018 08:14 AM

I had a very similar situation. The car became UN-drivable after no changes on a turf track. I was nervous that I had bent my chassis, since people have been talking about that. I had trouble putting on my bulkhead earlier, but It was fine driving it. However, when I got home and took the car apart, the bulkhead was cracked in two parts. So obviously, that could be the problem. But Im worried that the crack happened because the bulkhead is under excessive strain from a bent chassis. I had to bend the front end to get the screws in the bulkhead mounts. I never had a bad crash and have 3 races on the car. Thoughts? Did I really bend this? Ive never bent a chassis before and this is one of the tamest tracks ive driven on. Is there a way to measure if its bent? The underside seems flat to a straight edge, but maybe the front end is bent up?

mes 02-27-2018 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by arydstedt (Post 15169572)
I had a very similar situation. The car became UN-drivable after no changes on a turf track. I was nervous that I had bent my chassis, since people have been talking about that. I had trouble putting on my bulkhead earlier, but It was fine driving it. However, when I got home and took the car apart, the bulkhead was cracked in two parts. So obviously, that could be the problem. But Im worried that the crack happened because the bulkhead is under excessive strain from a bent chassis. I had to bend the front end to get the screws in the bulkhead mounts. I never had a bad crash and have 3 races on the car. Thoughts? Did I really bend this? Ive never bent a chassis before and this is one of the tamest tracks ive driven on. Is there a way to measure if its bent? The underside seems flat to a straight edge, but maybe the front end is bent up?

Unless you have handling issues after replacing the bulkhead, don't worry. The bulkhead has been the only part on the YZ-2 I have seen breaking on several people's cars, and in every case something had to give. My personal car has become more durable after I installed the Techra aluminium bulkhead mounts, so I assume bulkheads break because of the front end flexing during the impact. If my son manages to break the installed bulkhead and my remaining spare, I'll give the new hard composite bulkhead Z2-002BH a try.

PorTX 02-27-2018 01:11 PM

My car has the aluminum bulkhead so I doubt it was that. Guess we will see a Friday when I get to practice again. Hopefully by then I will have the ball ends to do the steering mod also.

davinco 02-28-2018 06:10 AM

I cracked my bulkhead this last club race and didn't have a spare so ran it in the main that way. The car was very inconsistent with lots of push in the corners. Hopefully my aluminum one shows up today or Thursday so I have it for Friday night. Otherwise I've glued and pressed the plastic one, hopefully it will get me by if I need it.

arydstedt 02-28-2018 06:49 AM

Crack

I had the hard bulkhead and aluminum mounts.

Originally Posted by davinco (Post 15170376)
I cracked my bulkhead this last club race and didn't have a spare so ran it in the main that way. The car was very inconsistent with lots of push in the corners. Hopefully my aluminum one shows up today or Thursday so I have it for Friday night. Otherwise I've glued and pressed the plastic one, hopefully it will get me by if I need it.

arydstedt 03-02-2018 07:17 AM

How do you get 70g + under the battery? I see this in a few setups for carpet/astro. I tried putting two flat 30g under and it pushes the battery up quite high and I think I feel that more than the weight down low. Also it pushes the battery strap pretty hard....caused mine to come loose. Do they make heavier single flats? Or are people putting weight elsewhere? Hard to see in images as the battery is always there.

Cain 03-02-2018 08:08 AM

had my first weird break. I was wondering why my vehicle started acting weird in the main. Basically it was like it had a mind of its own on some turns, wanting to be loose at times and the grip at times.

well, reviewing my vehicle I noticed that the rear left side wheel could flop back and forth pretty far, like going from negative toe to positive toe quite significantly. I figured I may have damaged the insert in the RF hangar.

Well, pulled the rear end apart to get to it and a piece of the hingepin dropped into my hand. Basically, I snapped about 1/8 of the hingepin length off, the rest of the hingepin was sitting in the a-arm.

This was like the 1 spare part I didn't have. managed to cut down some pins from another vehicle to the right length and back up for the next race.

Nothing else looked damaged.

So will see how it goes this weekend. not expecting too much but glad at least I know its me that stinks and not something with the car lol.

MarkA 03-02-2018 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by arydstedt (Post 15172163)
How do you get 70g + under the battery? I see this in a few setups for carpet/astro. I tried putting two flat 30g under and it pushes the battery up quite high and I think I feel that more than the weight down low. Also it pushes the battery strap pretty hard....caused mine to come loose. Do they make heavier single flats? Or are people putting weight elsewhere? Hard to see in images as the battery is always there.

Use the Yokomo weights and don't use the foam tape (as shown on P11 of the CA version manual) on the chassis itself. One of those Yokomo weights will sink into the center slot on the chassis under the battery and then you can stack them side-by-side on top of that just fine. I use 7 of those weights (175g!) under a low-pro shorty and 3 under a regular height shorty just fine.

Carl Giordano 03-02-2018 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by urnotevenwrg2 (Post 15168126)

Thanks

I buy virtually all my RC stuff from MIBO. Michal is the best.