Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree485Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2021, 01:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lexusbest
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1
  • Long specification for dirt Main chassis Inheriting the chassis cut of dirt specification, it is longer with the same wheelbase as CAL3.
  • Aluminum front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTM2B F2 body.
  • JConcepts ASTRO High Clearance 7inch Wing.
Features for the lastest specification YZ-2CAL3.1
  • Long specification main chassis for carpets. Long wheelbase that enables even higher speeds.
  • Steel front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTMBL S2 Lightweight body.
  • Z2-CAL2W LMR Wing.
Common features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1 / YZ-2CAL3.1
  • The conventional position and the position of the suspension arm pin 1 mm higher can be selected on the front and back of the front suspension mount.
  • Bulkhead integrated side plate with increased rigidity.
  • The kingpin position has been changed with the new steering hub carrier, the axle position has been lengthened by 1 mm, and a steering stopper has also been added.
  • Battery holder that is easy to adjust according to the height of the battery.
  • Separate the rear mount base and upper arm holder to increase the flex around the rear and improve traction.
  • Z2-018-5 5-hole shock mounting specification Rear shock tower.
  • S4-S1S 3.0mm shaft specification front shock.
  • S4-S1M 3.0mm shaft specification rear short shock.
  • S4-008R5B L5 / LD Rear suspension arm (Φ3.5 pin).
  • Z2-01069 Rear universal shaft (69mm bone).

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

CAL3 manual
DTM3 manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Medicinal Coma
Does anyone happen to know where to find a spring rate chart for Yokomo springs? The chart on the petit site doesn't have the rates of the springs I have for my buggy. For instance the rate for these :

https://www.amainhobbies.com/yokomo-...-a1175/p417649

And also the rates for the matching fronts and so on.

Thank you in advance for any help.
I was checking this out last night as well. There seems to be two different types of off road springs out there - Bmax 2 vs. BMax 4. Petitrc has two or three different charts for Yokomo springs as well (the main chart with all the manufacturers, another chart in the YZ2 space and another in "springs")further confusing things, and they don't seem to have the same springs model numbers which are sold at A Main in those lists...
Old 09-27-2016, 06:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile

Originally Posted by Paultje040
BMax2 bar set fits
thank you!
Old 09-27-2016, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KrAcOn
I told you A-main has gone crazy with their prices now. Shock shaft that were 7$ are now 12$ All the Yokomo parts have gone up in price...

Then I saw the same for other things like AE part numbers. Way more than what Tower is charging. I with there was another source for Yokomo part beside A Main.

I looked at the prices from the UK and they are just stupid high.
Geezusssss you weren't lying!

Been super busy with work and freelance so I've not been able to do anything RC related for almost 10 weeks and I just went to gather all the parts I need for my YZ-2 and my son's DEX410 and the SS suspension hangers jumped almost $10 a piece!

WTH Amain??!?!?!???

Tower or someone else needs to get in on Yokomo distribution quick. This is getting Hudydiculous! LOL

Part of the allure of Yokomo kits is the replacement parts cost being comparable to other Non-Luxury () brands. Now it feels like I'm paying a luxury tax on my stuff. Should have ordered a couple months ago and spared myself this annoyance.

Haven't yet looked into the 410 parts I need but I will let you guys know if Durango prices jumped up too.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

That was one of the reason's I went back to Yokomo after all these years, there parts where super reasonable that's why I bought my Bmax4 III. So then I go out and buy a YZ-2 DT and a couple months later they jack there prices way up I would also like to see another big name distributor (Tower) to start carrying Yokomo products.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:40 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You guys are all assuming it's Amain jacking the prices. Have you considered that Yokomo is raising the costs to Amain?

There's a lot going on right now with world shipping issues, freighliners stuck in BK issues, etc.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Medicinal Coma
Does anyone happen to know where to find a spring rate chart for Yokomo springs? The chart on the petit site doesn't have the rates of the springs I have for my buggy. For instance the rate for these :

https://www.amainhobbies.com/yokomo-...-a1175/p417649

And also the rates for the matching fronts and so on.

Thank you in advance for any help.
This is a spring chart we made using a G Force spring tester, the rates may not be 100% correct but comparing one brand of spring against the other is.

Regards
Gary
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo YZ-2-12033574_1058557384154939_1160893788_n.jpg  
Old 09-29-2016, 03:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just had my first run with my new dt edition and i must say it feels that good to drive already but does anyone have any tips for even more tuning for low bite outdoor track ?
Old 09-29-2016, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Could somebody tell if Y2-503GM and B2-503GM are the similar thing?
Old 09-29-2016, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PENN01
Just had my first run with my new dt edition and i must say it feels that good to drive already but does anyone have any tips for even more tuning for low bite outdoor track ?
I run the original YZ-2 with the laydown tranny outdoors on dirt using the 1mm CF Shim kit and running a brass weight out rear and my car is STUCK to the track. The only weak point in the entire car are the ball cups because while they are super smooth and really precise, once you have a significant impact, they stretch out enough to pop off constantly. Changing mine but have to see if they're the same as TLR cups and studs or if the new Associated ones. I've found the TLR Kyosho to be the most robust cups by far. RPM ones are overrated in my experience as they are too soft and gummy and I always find they have that slight play compared to TLR and Kyosho, and I hear the new Associated (B5 and newer) are just as precise.

Have to get on the ball and order my stuff for the October 16th race. Going to get both SS suspension hangers for the rear to replace the brass weight I've added. Should be about the same… or so I hope.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

Yokomo are working on new ball cups at the moment as some of the team guys have been testing materials
Old 09-29-2016, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Does anyone know the ball stud head size is for Yokomo?

Lee Martin was using AE B6 ball cups at the last EOS race - did he also swap to the AE ball studs or do the Yokomo ball studs work with the B6 cups? The B5/B6 ball studs are 5.5mm. TLR use 4.8mm ball stud heads, and as far as I know, only TLR and Lunsford ball cups work together. I have no experience with Kyosho or other brands to know if they are interchangeable. RPM are not metric, so they wont fit I do not believe.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Good to know Headling!

Now… if they could only release them YESTERDAY! LOL

Personally I wouldn't mind captured cups in certain areas, but as long as the cups are solid, the traditional cups will work perfectly. They should try and figure out what material Kyosho and TLR use because they are so darned durable and strong. I've bent Lunsford turnbuckles using those.

HeavyD99,

Yokomo Ball Studs are 4.3mm but run metric threads. The Lunsford replacement Studs are 4.8mm so you could get a set from Lunsford and either use their ball cups or go with the TLR/Kyosho ones, but they won't be stealth black unless you dye them, but that plastic is so well finished I'm not sure the black would take.
Old 09-29-2016, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

How important of an upgrade is the aluminum off set rear hub carrier set? (YOKZ2-415S).

Do you need anything else to run them, like different suspension mounts or arms?

My local indoor track is Astro, not carpet. I'd say it leans more towards typical med-high grip outdoor Astro, like in the UK, more than say clay or EOS carpet. Is it a 'must have'?
Old 09-29-2016, 09:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 73 (99%+)
Default Rc

Any one looking for a yz2 dirt car i have one mint with hopups and spares 1313 208 4041
Old 10-01-2016, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgerber
They can't do their own distribution. They have a contract with Swift/Amain to be the exclusive US importer.
Thats too bad cause not only are the prices now not worth the cost to maintain the buggy, but they are also slow in getting new upgraded pieces that come out. I got sick of waiting for the longer rear arms and needed suspension mounts for the YZ-4 so I got them from Europe the day of release, Amain was almost a full month later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.