Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree485Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2021, 01:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lexusbest
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1
  • Long specification for dirt Main chassis Inheriting the chassis cut of dirt specification, it is longer with the same wheelbase as CAL3.
  • Aluminum front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTM2B F2 body.
  • JConcepts ASTRO High Clearance 7inch Wing.
Features for the lastest specification YZ-2CAL3.1
  • Long specification main chassis for carpets. Long wheelbase that enables even higher speeds.
  • Steel front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTMBL S2 Lightweight body.
  • Z2-CAL2W LMR Wing.
Common features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1 / YZ-2CAL3.1
  • The conventional position and the position of the suspension arm pin 1 mm higher can be selected on the front and back of the front suspension mount.
  • Bulkhead integrated side plate with increased rigidity.
  • The kingpin position has been changed with the new steering hub carrier, the axle position has been lengthened by 1 mm, and a steering stopper has also been added.
  • Battery holder that is easy to adjust according to the height of the battery.
  • Separate the rear mount base and upper arm holder to increase the flex around the rear and improve traction.
  • Z2-018-5 5-hole shock mounting specification Rear shock tower.
  • S4-S1S 3.0mm shaft specification front shock.
  • S4-S1M 3.0mm shaft specification rear short shock.
  • S4-008R5B L5 / LD Rear suspension arm (Φ3.5 pin).
  • Z2-01069 Rear universal shaft (69mm bone).

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

CAL3 manual
DTM3 manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 11:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I would recommend these over adding weight behind the rear axle on the camber block.

http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?...y&path=131_142
Old 02-04-2016, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

Overall weight isn't as important as where it's placed. My YZ-2 is at 1520ish and I like how it drives and so does one of the fast guys. I'm not a fan of stuck on weight so I now use the steel rear hangers and the aluminum camber block, although it does have one of the weights on it. I worked at the distribution until I got just over 61% of the weight over the rear wheels. Exotek has the brass front/rear block and I was using that until the rear camber block came into stock recently at A Main.
I am running Clay Microns all around with no sauce and other than a mid to exit high speed push, which I like, I have zero complaints.
This is with a 17.5.
Blake
Old 02-04-2016, 02:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zeakemedia
Overall weight isn't as important as where it's placed. My YZ-2 is at 1520ish and I like how it drives and so does one of the fast guys. I'm not a fan of stuck on weight so I now use the steel rear hangers and the aluminum camber block, although it does have one of the weights on it. I worked at the distribution until I got just over 61% of the weight over the rear wheels. Exotek has the brass front/rear block and I was using that until the rear camber block came into stock recently at A Main.
I am running Clay Microns all around with no sauce and other than a mid to exit high speed push, which I like, I have zero complaints.
This is with a 17.5.
Blake
Smc has a nice weight for the rear block, I just ordered one 68 grams I belive...
Old 02-04-2016, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

I have the SMC ex-cap and while I bought it for the obvious reason it's also a part of the weight distribution I brought up. Danny is a great guy that answers e-mails. I've never used a battery from him but his 17.5 motor was great. One day after a ten minute main it was over 190 degrees and my fastest laps were at the end.
Try scaling your buggy and see what it says.
Blake
Old 02-04-2016, 04:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

A fellow racer had scales at the track so I was able to place my YZ2 on there.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by STLNLST
This setup is dialed at Outback. One mistake away from winning the Shootout last year. What tire are you currently using????
Thanks everybody for all the input.I ran it with panther slicks with red aka foam.I got a set of mc primes from my other buggy going to try those.I changed my set up to the set up sheet that STLNLST so graceously kicked down.!Maybe I am just so use to my "SO" twitchy but planted Centro buggy.Heading to Amain for testing and racie night.Talk at ya later.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

The last time I scaled mine these were the numbers.
LF 294
RF 297
LR 484
RR 453
That's 61.3% on the rear wheels but 50.9% on the left. I'd really like to get more RR weight but when I switched my speedo onto the right side it made the weight distribution really bad all over.
Blake
Old 02-05-2016, 03:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zeakemedia
The last time I scaled mine these were the numbers.
LF 294
RF 297
LR 484
RR 453
That's 61.3% on the rear wheels but 50.9% on the left. I'd really like to get more RR weight but when I switched my speedo onto the right side it made the weight distribution really bad all over.
Blake
Can you make the RR shock a little longer at the rod end? You'll need to adjust the collar to keep preload the same, and it will also change front balance... More will be on LF, but you might find a place where overall you're able to balance things if you play with shock length in the mix.

C
Old 02-06-2016, 01:49 AM
Tech Master

There doesn't seem to be a detriment to the difference on the rear. Tire wear is the same and I don't see a change in the buggy on left or right turns. I use two kitchen scales and my pit boards to scale it so I know the numbers aren't completely correct. It flies fairly flat and still has a nose down attitude so I've left it alone.
Thanks though.
Blake
Old 02-08-2016, 12:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Finally got around to painting my body! I'm really digging this metallic purple!
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo YZ-2-imag7274.jpg   Yokomo YZ-2-imag7282.jpg   Yokomo YZ-2-imag7285.jpg  
Old 02-10-2016, 07:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Is anyone running this car on an outdoor medium grip track? There is a big race at my track and I am tempted to run a third class and run my yoke in a 17.5t class. If so I think I should mount the rear shocks to the rear and adjust the shock oil.... FYI almost everyone is running B5m's now......
Old 02-10-2016, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SouthFloridaApp
Is anyone running this car on an outdoor medium grip track? There is a big race at my track and I am tempted to run a third class and run my yoke in a 17.5t class. If so I think I should mount the rear shocks to the rear and adjust the shock oil.... FYI almost everyone is running B5m's now......
Use the STLNLST setup on Petitrc. It works awesome on medium bite clay for 17.5. Shocks on the rear is a must. Run the battery with one small foam in front of the waterfall. I had the best results with MC Electrons 2.2", they made the car steer a little more predictably and I was never at a loss for rear traction.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ok gents,

FINALLY got my YZ-2 on track for a full day of testing and setup for the supercup tomorrow. Initially the car was a bit snappy and the rear sand wanted to come around on me quickly so I tried a few setup changes and it got better, but I had to be too easy on too many sections of track to keep it going straight and getting on power was a bit of a chore.

I went to my PRS1 to see how much better I could do and it was clearly the better car.

Forgot to mention the track was insanely dusty and loose all day.

Anyhow, although the PRS1 was much better, it still wasn't up to par so I lowered my shock oils on it to what I have in the YZ and went to white avid springs to improve traction as much as I could. At the same time I've had this piece of brass in my box for a while but didn't have any use for it, but then I thought...

How about if I can find a way to mount it all the way rearward on the YZ to simulate rear motor balance a bit more and I came up with this Neanderthal solution to test it out.

Well, I put the PRS1 on the track first and did about 5 laps and it was definitely better than before but now I wanted to see how my mod affected the handling on the YZ. Boy was I surprised!!! The car was now more stable and although I can still whip it around with ease, it was much smoother and planted and I ended up having more grip than with the PRS1!!!

I have to get with my buddy [workd class machinist who already produces the best crawler parts on the market to machine a proper weight for this thing.

Really happy with the end result regardless of how clumsy it looks. Lol

Sent from my iPhone
Old 02-12-2016, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Arrowmax has the brass hanger for the bmax2, I'm sure it will fit the yz2
Old 02-12-2016, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Here's the link
https://www.asiatees.com/display?Yok...id=96923&pid=1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.