Search

The good the bad and the ugly of the 13.5 motor

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
I was being a little facetious, hence the

I completely agree with your reasoning and believe that's how racing should be (especially off-road).
I got ya. We have a couple guys running 6.5's and they are just ballistic fast. But they have the money to put on new tires every weekend and can afford to "kit" a car in spectacular fashion. Im more budget minded but don't hesitate to spend the money when I need to.

You know, the guys that show up with a new car every 2 months, or jump from brand to brand with new electronics each time. I run it till the wheels fall off, then contemplate fixing it or replacing.

Hell, I had a 8B 2.0 that had 4 seasons on it. By the time I sold it, there was nothing left of the original kit except the screws and many of those were replaced
Old 11-25-2014, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Back on topic......

Stock racing is a great and terrible thing. It is designed to keep the racing close and forces people to become better drivers.
Bad part is, the so called "cheating" can be quite a handful. Weather its blatant or in secret. "That guys is cheating, cuz I am cheating and he beat me!!!"
Then you have to have the best of the best. If not, you are behind. Then you have to have your tires, set-ups, and everything else in tip top shape, or you fall be hind. Wreck in the first corner on the first lap or get a slow marshall, you fall behind.

At least with mod, you can make up a little during the race. You can also run any motor, any speed control, any battery and be just as competitive as the next guy. No this that or the other....

Happy hunting.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerm13
Back on topic......

Stock racing is a great and terrible thing. It is designed to keep the racing close and forces people to become better drivers.
Bad part is, the so called "cheating" can be quite a handful. Weather its blatant or in secret. "That guys is cheating, cuz I am cheating and he beat me!!!"
Then you have to have the best of the best. If not, you are behind. Then you have to have your tires, set-ups, and everything else in tip top shape, or you fall be hind. Wreck in the first corner on the first lap or get a slow marshall, you fall behind.

At least with mod, you can make up a little during the race. You can also run any motor, any speed control, any battery and be just as competitive as the next guy. No this that or the other....

Happy hunting.
Back in the old day's of racing "brushed motors and 1,700 batts....they would hand out the stock motor that day before the race. That way it was much harder to cheat...and stock 27 turn brushed motors were like 10 bucks a pop and 5 bucks extra to race stock class but you got to keep the motor. Now with the price of brush less motors, almost seems like who has the most money to spend.... wins. Almost.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
Back in the old day's of racing "brushed motors and 1,700 batts....they would hand out the stock motor that day before the race. That way it was much harder to cheat...and stock 27 turn brushed motors were like 10 bucks a pop and 5 bucks extra to race stock class but you got to keep the motor. Now with the price of brush less motors, almost seems like who has the most money to spend.... wins. Almost.
Yup. When the track decided what motor and tires you ran. I remember going to the tracks with my older brother and that's what they did. Kept cost down and close racing...more skill than money I guess. I wish clubs would do this now. I just recently asked if I could run an old fantom 27T brushed motor in the stock class and was denied.