Search
Like Tree3Likes

Basher BSR BZ-222 1/10 2WD thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Guys,
I found this web site while looking for belt alternative. I know we're limited on the belts we can use but if you have another belt drive car or buggy it might come in handy.
http://driftmission.com/guides/belts-guide/
Old 03-01-2015, 10:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had a nice full day at the track yesterday. I ran between 15 and 20 packs through the BZ so it went through its paces. Track is hard packed, high traction clay, tires gold bar codes, running 17.5 stock class. Since it was an open practice day the track was full of novice drivers running SCT so the buggy took a lot of hits including a head on collision at the end of the straight away. I'm glad to report only 1 broken part the entire day. I broke a shock shaft eyelet which they don't sell separately. I put a B5 one on but it's not a good fit and is not recommended. I ordered some team C ones which I think will work better. The buggy ran strong but I am needing more punch coming out of corners and coming up to jumps. There was 1 big jump that I could only make occasionally but needed to be perfect. But most all of the other 17.5 didn't have a problem. I'm going to double check esc programming and hope that helps.
So I have over 60 total packs through the buggy on the original stock belt and it's still fine. The only broken parts through all of that were front shock tower and now the shock eyelet and the front axle which was really just a screw. I have done some other work and mods so it's not a stock buggy however. I'm still happy with the buggy!

I'm waiting on a few parts including the ball diff and I ordered some of the aftermarket belts including the 147 belt suggested earlier trying to make sure the tranny is free. Does anyone know the bearing sizes in the tranny?
Old 03-01-2015, 04:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Very good news
Originally Posted by ezimmerman
I had a nice full day at the track yesterday. I ran between 15 and 20 packs through the BZ so it went through its paces. Track is hard packed, high traction clay, tires gold bar codes, running 17.5 stock class. Since it was an open practice day the track was full of novice drivers running SCT so the buggy took a lot of hits including a head on collision at the end of the straight away. I'm glad to report only 1 broken part the entire day. I broke a shock shaft eyelet which they don't sell separately. I put a B5 one on but it's not a good fit and is not recommended. I ordered some team C ones which I think will work better. The buggy ran strong but I am needing more punch coming out of corners and coming up to jumps. There was 1 big jump that I could only make occasionally but needed to be perfect. But most all of the other 17.5 didn't have a problem. I'm going to double check esc programming and hope that helps.
So I have over 60 total packs through the buggy on the original stock belt and it's still fine. The only broken parts through all of that were front shock tower and now the shock eyelet and the front axle which was really just a screw. I have done some other work and mods so it's not a stock buggy however. I'm still happy with the buggy!

I'm waiting on a few parts including the ball diff and I ordered some of the aftermarket belts including the 147 belt suggested earlier trying to make sure the tranny is free. Does anyone know the bearing sizes in the tranny?
Old 03-06-2015, 04:14 PM
Tech Adept

Just an update the Team C shock ends do not work either. The shock shafts on the BZ are larger than the team C and the associated, also the shock end is larger. I'll try something else.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just an update the Team C shock ends do not work either. The shock shafts on the BZ are larger than the team C and the associated, also the shock end is larger. I'll try something else.
I use duratrac 835e shock rebuilt kit for my HK shock replacement parts.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:21 PM
Tech Adept

Another full day of practice with the 222. Probably another 15 full packs through the buggy. I did break a left rear hub carrier, but I was abusing that corner all day long. The big jump really launched the car off kilter so I was landing on that side a lot. I popped that ball cup maybe 4 times as well. The tranny and diff is all good, the car ran strong and consistent all day long!! I have nothing to complain about at all! I can't wait for race day!!!!
Old 03-08-2015, 12:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Default BZ-222 Video

Haven't seen much videos of the BZ-222 in action. Thought I'd just share this clip I captured at a local track chasing other buggies and SCTs. Track is mostly low traction soft clay with some areas already compacted.

It's running rear motor with the following stuff:
- HobbyWing 80A Waterproof ESC
- Turnigy 7.5T Motor
- AKA Impacts Rear
- Proline 4 Ribs Front

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:11 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the video. I've been trying to figure out how to record myself lol.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the video. I've been trying to figure out how to record myself lol.
Strap a cam to your head or your hat
Old 03-11-2015, 07:04 PM
Tech Adept

Just an update. I installed the titanium steering arm kit (I know it's not a highly needed hop up but I splurged). I must say this is really nice and high quality!! It went in smoothly and works exactly like it's supposed to. One thing I did find was the very slightest rub between the steering servo and the arm. On the setvo arm there was actually a little bit if molding so I sanded it down the slightest bit and it's good to go.
Mostly I wanted to let everyone know that so far the titanium hop ups are really great quality.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

bosco,you have a part number for those traxxas washers ?
Old 03-15-2015, 09:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

All I know its the ones for the wheels for a rustler
Originally Posted by thefnshow
bosco,you have a part number for those traxxas washers ?
Old 03-16-2015, 10:25 PM
Tech Adept

A couple of updates.

Raced the BZ at a local club race. The buggy ran smooth but something was amiss with my ESC or motor (Speed Passion Reventon R, MurfDogg 17.5). Between races I swapped motors to a TrackPower I have that's really fast. Turn on the ESC and smoke proceeds to come out of both ESC and motor! Both melted down. That ended the day with the BZ. I did manage to break a front hub, I had a spare luckily.

Once I got home I stripped down the gear box. I built and installed the ball diff, and also swapped the stock belt for a 147 belt as recommended earlier (1 extra tooth so just slightly longer to try to free up the drive train a little). A few test runs in the street and everything seemed great.

I'll keep yall updated next time I hit the track.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well, the 17.5 trackstar system in the 222 definitely makes it a whole nother animal.

But, It looks like I'll have to be getting rid of mine. Anyone interested in a 222?
Old 03-21-2015, 05:24 PM
Tech Adept

Went to the track for some testing. The changes felt really good. The 147 belt and ball diff worked great and were really smooth. However I snapped both ears on the rear shock support (uh oh). Luckily I have a spare, but HK is out of stock, ugh. I got it changed and went back out. The car was dialed and ran great up until disaster struck (isn't that the way it always goes ). I cared the big jump hard and the car just stopped. I went down to grab it and part way off the driver stand and a sudden cloud of smoke comes roiling out of the car. I burnt up ANOTHER Speed Passion ESC! That's 2 in a week!!! WTH. Well I don't gave any more ESCs so I'm parked. I'll never buy another Speed Passion that for sure. I've had a Mamba Max Pro for years and have never had an issue with it. I may see if I can wedge one in the BZ.

Otherwise the buggy was great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.