Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Basher BSR BZ-222 1/10 2WD thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 10:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I thought I'd share this for those who might be interested, in regards to the small pins keying the slipper plates to the input shaft, since I haven't seen it really mentioned since the discussion about the pins.

I received a Team Durango DEST210 stadium truck today as a gift. It also uses the "pinned" slipper plates. While the BZ-222 isn't a direct copy of the Durango DEX210, it does look like they share quite a bit of the same design.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Any way to fix the dog bone rubbing on the gear cover when in mid motor.I keep texting hobby king but no one knows
Old 12-21-2014, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bosco1972
Any way to fix the dog bone rubbing on the gear cover when in mid motor.I keep texting hobby king but no one knows
Not that I'm currently aware of. It didn't seem to affect my car when it was running it only seems to rub under extreme compression. I'm still waiting for parts (mainly the front shock tower). The Durango ball cup works to angle the camber link around the gear case better but doesn't do anything for the CVD. I was going to play with the rear arms when I had the chance. I was going to drill shock mounting holes in line with the current ones but on the opposite side so you wouldn't have to flip the arms. The only downside would be the angle of the CVD might be to extreme.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks ... I just ordered the kit roller I hope I did the right thing
Originally Posted by Kregger
Not that I'm currently aware of. It didn't seem to affect my car when it was running it only seems to rub under extreme compression. I'm still waiting for parts (mainly the front shock tower). The Durango ball cup works to angle the camber link around the gear case better but doesn't do anything for the CVD. I was going to play with the rear arms when I had the chance. I was going to drill shock mounting holes in line with the current ones but on the opposite side so you wouldn't have to flip the arms. The only downside would be the angle of the CVD might be to extreme.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Do yourself a favor and get the front carbon fiber shock tower.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm going to order next week f&R carbon towers and aluminum arm mounts
Do yourself a favor and get the front carbon fiber shock tower.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

I talked to hobby king about the dog bone rubbing when in mid motor.they told me they are testing a couple mid motor buggies with no problems.they are going to put a video up of how to do it the right way.they think every one is putting it together wrong we will see when the video comes out
Old 12-23-2014, 09:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm intrigued as to how we can all get the mid build wrong

Anyway, I've now ditched the sensorless ARR electronics:

As this isn't my main race buggy it's got some cheaper parts,

TrackStar 7.5t sensored motor
Speed Passion GT Pro ESC (already had this spare)
H.K 2.4Ghz Reciever (used in all my cars)
Turnigy 1266 servo (11kgs/0.08sec)

Plan to race it again on the 28th, maybe on the dirt (don't think it'll be as good as on the grass tbh)

Here's my bodge fix following the demise of the hinge pin holder, using a spare TM2 one. This car is hanging on by the skin of it's teeth until I eventually receive my spare parts from Mars.... I mean Hong Kong

I also have a spare old Ansmann x4te carbon chassis doing nothing so I'm going to try & make a battery brace out of it too...
Old 12-23-2014, 12:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Here is (hopefully) a vid of it last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3G-...ature=youtu.be

This is with the strange interference causing random erratic twitching of the throttle & steering, hopefully now sorted given I've replaced all of the electronics...
Old 12-24-2014, 08:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

....and the completed battery brace,

Old 12-24-2014, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Merry Early Christmas to me ! My parts just arrived in the mail today, hopefully I can do some testing on Friday.
Old 12-25-2014, 10:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Dhl said there shipping mine tm.and my aluminum parts should come in in a couple days.is it hard to make it mid motor I bought the roller so I still have to buy ezrun set up or is there a cheaper system
Old 12-25-2014, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Dhl said there shipping mine tm.and my aluminum parts should come in in a couple days.is it hard to make it mid motor I bought the roller so I still have to buy ezrun set up or is there a cheaper system
It's not really hard. The instructions are just not great so your first time apart can me annoying. , once you do it once you'll see how easy it is.
Old 12-25-2014, 03:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

OK thanks...I also bought the Durango curved tie rod ends
It's not really hard. The instructions are just not great so your first time apart can me annoying. , once you do it once you'll see how easy it is.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I talked to hobby king about the dog bone rubbing when in mid motor.they told me they are testing a couple mid motor buggies with no problems.they are going to put a video up of how to do it the right way.they think every one is putting it together wrong we will see when the video comes out
now are they going to post how they change over to mid motor or just show the car on the track in mid motor?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.