Search
Like Tree3Likes

Basher BSR BZ-222 1/10 2WD thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iDesign5
I have a question for you guys who've had substantial bench time and have converted your 222s to mid-motor. In all of the pictures I see with mid motor, the transmission has been flipped 180 obviously, but then the motorplate and all of the gearbox stuff has been flipped to the opposite side of the case. I was just curious if there is something that prevents the tranny to just be flipped and have the motorplate/cover on the opposite side without taking the gearbox apart and moving the parts to the opposite side? I may very well have missed something, just curious.
The rotation of the belt is what stops it. If you use a senseless motor you might be able to do it and just swap wires on the motor.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Senseless motor...
Old 12-04-2014, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Darn it! I hate that auto correct feature.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kregger
The rotation of the belt is what stops it. If you use a senseless motor you might be able to do it and just swap wires on the motor.
Lol ok thanks. I was just wondering and that makes sense.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

I'm guessing with recent quietness on the thread, I'm guessing that either everyone is happy and has nothing to complain about, haven't received their repair parts to get rolling again or are too frustrated to post and have scrapped the BZ-222 already... lol
Old 12-06-2014, 08:17 PM
Tech Initiate

I've been wondering about this buggy actually. it might be my first kit I purchase for myself. Would anyone suggest this as a first build for someone who just wants a cheap racer to take to the track once every few weeks?
Old 12-06-2014, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It comes assembled. If you want to build something in the same price range, the Team C TC02 Evo is $100.
Old 12-07-2014, 01:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm guessing with recent quietness on the thread, I'm guessing that either everyone is happy and has nothing to complain about, haven't received their repair parts to get rolling again or are too frustrated to post and have scrapped the BZ-222 already... lol
Scrapped it...

No, actually I've ordered various parts which I'm waiting for, mainly the normal stuff that breaks but also the metal front hinge pin holder & metal suspension pin balls. These are what disintegrated on it's first outing causing a rear hinge pin to rip itself out from the holders, though I repaired it by making 2 new ones from some upper shock mounts. It's sitting ready for another go next sunday.

Just to report, the short run it did get was on our damp dirt track. I was using Team C kit ribs & ProLine Holeshot mediums & 10k diff oil. I found the car was wanting to swap ends out of corners & fishtail along the straight (hence me clonking the piping & breaking it !)

I used my TC02C Evo from then on with the same tyres & ball diff & had no such troubles, car felt good.

I think I need to go heavier on the diff oil, maybe 20k as it needs more forward drive instead of just spinning the inside wheel on the bends, even at the expense of some steering. A ball diff would better though I'm sure.

I'll report on its next attempt, hopefully on the 14th
Old 12-07-2014, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Snapped the front shock tower Fri night, and now waiting for the carbon fiber one. It's shame too, I think I was close to a set-up at my track.

Dandare, what motor are you running on yours? I'm trying to get mine set-up for 17.5.

Last edited by Kregger; 12-07-2014 at 10:18 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 12-07-2014, 10:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kregger
Dandare, what motor are you running on yours? I'm trying to get mine set-up for 17.5.
At the moment just the ARR 3300kv (10ish turn). I'll see how it goes before replacing it (it might be fun fitted to my Lunchbox ) Eventually I'd run a 7.5t motor as per my other cars.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dandare
Scrapped it...

No, actually I've ordered various parts which I'm waiting for, mainly the normal stuff that breaks but also the metal front hinge pin holder & metal suspension pin balls. These are what disintegrated on it's first outing causing a rear hinge pin to rip itself out from the holders, though I repaired it by making 2 new ones from some upper shock mounts. It's sitting ready for another go next sunday.
Hey Dandare and for those of you interested....

I am looking at a Durango DEST210 stadium truck so I am reading a thread on here about it as well. I just read a post saying the exact same thing for both the Durango buggy and truck having had this same issue. The earlier models came with the same style braces as this buggy. The later models fixed it by making the newer braces with the pin fitting directly into the brace instead of using the balls. Just found that interesting that its not so much a 222 issue but rather a "master" design issue. Perhaps the updated Durango parts will retrofit to this buggy.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Dandare and for those of you interested....

I am looking at a Durango DEST210 stadium truck so I am reading a thread on here about it as well. I just read a post saying the exact same thing for both the Durango buggy and truck having had this same issue. The earlier models came with the same style braces as this buggy. The later models fixed it by making the newer braces with the pin fitting directly into the brace instead of using the balls. Just found that interesting that its not so much a 222 issue but rather a "master" design issue. Perhaps the updated Durango parts will retrofit to this buggy.
I'm also now using Team C 51mm hinge pins instead of the kit 50mm ones.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Carbon shock towers and titanium hinge pin braces are installed. Anyone find a suitable shock piston replacement? Also the rear bulkhead ( shock tower mount) really needs an upgrade. It's just so soft and allows so much play in the rear tower. I guess that will keep it from breaking? Hopefully I'll get back to the track on Sunday.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezimmerman
Carbon shock towers and titanium hinge pin braces are installed. Anyone find a suitable shock piston replacement? Also the rear bulkhead ( shock tower mount) really needs an upgrade. It's just so soft and allows so much play in the rear tower. I guess that will keep it from breaking? Hopefully I'll get back to the track on Sunday.
https://www.facebook.com/rocket.rc.parts make shock piston that should fit. There are the Serpent Spyder pistons. If you know any one with a serpent see if you can try and see if they would work.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ezimmerman
Anyone find a suitable shock piston replacement?
The Team C ones fit, part No. TU0250-7. The shaft hole on these is larger but they do work well.

Front - Black
Rear - White

Before fitting the new pistons I slid a nylon washer (mine happened to be 0.85mm thick but this isn't too crucial) onto the shaft first then refit the metal kit washer then the piston. This was done as otherwise for some reason the piston becomes tight at full extension.

Last edited by Dandare; 12-09-2014 at 01:32 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.